StanicEnemy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Probably triceps tendon tear?

Hi,im 29 years old guy, last week I was working out with triceps pressdown with 36kg, ive been hitting the gym for 3 month in order to lose fat because im overweight guy.
    When I pushed it down after a few reps i felt a very sharp pain on my chest, my both shoulders were hurting like there is no tomorrow but now my both shoulders stopped hurting and now my left chest and tricep muscle is in pain,i stopped working out and im only doing cardio now, ill get through the mri test on this sunday, ive no problem with lifting 30kg and pushing down 36kg, im not sure what to do im 126kg guy.

Oh i forgot to say, 2 years ago i torn my right shoulder tendon off when i was carrying washer machine and the tendon tear was only partial, the washer machine was about near 100kg, i carried it with a guy.

Is it possible to have a serious tear with triceps pressdown? i really dont wanna quit the gym but seems like i will have to.
    Last edited by StanicEnemy; 09-03-2019 at 12:49 PM.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's possible, but I don't think it's that common. I think you'd have felt it in your triceps right away - not something that started in your chest, then your shoulders, and later on in your chest and triceps.

You should make sure you're doing the pressdowns w/ good form and not going too heavy - it sounds like you might be turning it into a total upper body workout. Good luck w/ the MRI - hopefully it's not that serious.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    It's possible, but I don't think it's that common. I think you'd have felt it in your triceps right away - not something that started in your chest, then your shoulders, and later on in your chest and triceps.

You should make sure you're doing the pressdowns w/ good form and not going too heavy - it sounds like you might be turning it into a total upper body workout. Good luck w/ the MRI - hopefully it's not that serious.
    Hi, thank you for answer, is 36kg too heavy? I was working out with 30kg for near 2.5 months and i felt like my muscles got used to it and i decided to add a lil bit more weight.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by StanicEnemy View Post
    Hi, thank you for answer, is 36kg too heavy? I was working out with 30kg for near 2.5 months and i felt like my muscles got used to it and i decided to add a lil bit more weight.
    No, it's not too heavy in general and you should progress - but if you hurt your chest, shoulder and triceps doing them it may be too heavy for you and/or your form may be off.

No, it's not too heavy in general and you should progress - but if you hurt your chest, shoulder and triceps doing them it may be too heavy for you and/or your form may be off.
    I see, thank you! may i ask you another thing, is tendon and muscle tear same thing? i will keep you updated once i go through the mri.

Can you tell me where is the tendon located on triceps? elbow or shoulder?

is tendon and muscle tear same thing?
    The triceps muscle and tendon are 2 diff things, meaning the tendon attaches the muscle to the bone. I think when people refer to a triceps tear they are talking about the tendon tearing and not the actual muscle.

Can you tell me where is the tendon located on triceps? elbow or shoulder?
    I think there are tendons on both ends of the triceps (elbow and shoulder side), but when people say triceps tear they are usually talking about the one at the elbow - although I assume it's possible to tear the other one too.

FYI - I'm not a doctor so confirm all this w/ your doc when you get your MRI.

Tonight i went through the mri, the pain on shoulder,arm,elbow and chest still going on, ill update the topic once i get the results.

I lost 4kg more and im 124 now im afraid of not hitting the gym again.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Dont speculate or ask folks that are not medical professionals.
    Get a diagnosis from your doctor or maybe a physical therapist to get an accurate assessment.
    An MRI or X rays and hands on diagnosis is what you should be doing not people here.

Its been almost 2 months, and i already quit the gym on 08.09.2019 and my left pec hurts alot with sharp pain and it prevents me to breathe, shoulder and elbow mri came out fine, im going for upper arm mri in 2 weeks and 2 days ago ive injured my right rotator cufd by just removing a sticker on the wall, i think im the most unluckiest person alive, first i tore my pec while doing triceps pressdown(how is it even possible?) And now rotator cuff... The sharp pain on my chest is keep going on and there is no sport doctor in my city, im really depressed.

Sorry to hear you're still having problems. I'd guess you have an orthopedic surgeon somewhere in or near your city, but either way, you should try to find a doctor w/ experience w/ sports injuries as it sounds like one thing may be leading to another.

Hang in there - a lot of us have gone through one or more debilitating injuries and you'll get through it and back into the gym too. You just need to get proper diagnosis, treatment and rehab. You doctor should also check for any underlying issues if you're getting injured too easily.

Sorry to hear you're still having problems. I'd guess you have an orthopedic surgeon somewhere in or near your city, but either way, you should try to find a doctor w/ experience w/ sports injuries as it sounds like one thing may be leading to another.

Hang in there - a lot of us have gone through one or more debilitating injuries and you'll get through it and back into the gym too. You just need to get proper diagnosis, treatment and rehab. You doctor should also check for any underlying issues if you're getting injured too easily.
    I have tried everything, i even went to see another PT who is living in another city, ive done shoulder,arm,elbow mri, all the mri results are ok no tear or anything bad at all, everything is fine according to mri results but I have this unbearable triceps and pec pain for months, ive got no idea what to do, im really suffering in agony even daily activities is a big challenge to me.I have been off to gym for months.

I have full strength full rom everything is fine except the unbearable pain.

Thank you for caring.

its been 3 month, my pain is slightly getting a little bit better, ive taken some vitamin pills that doctor has given me.I still have the pec tear and upper triceps muscle pain, ill update once i feel better.

I went to see professional sport injury doctor,he had examined my pec and triceps, he said my triceps and pec major tendon is normal but it could be a slight tear in the muscle belly, he also said my triceps are ok except i have a big edema.He referred a good PT to me and now ive been going to PT, tomorrow ill go to see PT once again... but the worst thing is pt hurted my neck and now my neck along with right arm is in pain... everything goes so wrong, i really already lost hope...

its been 4 month since the injury.

its been a month since i posted update.

The pain level is still same but i feel less sharp pain than i used to feel before.7/24 non stop pain is still going strong on pec and triceps, did what pt said and pt didnt help me at all, no real improvement done.

Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    its been a month since i posted update.

The pain level is still same but i feel less sharp pain than i used to feel before.7/24 non stop pain is still going strong on pec and triceps, did what pt said and pt didnt help me at all, no real improvement done.
    I dont know what is the reason of your pain, whether is tendonitis or something else but did u try to use laser and shockwave therapy for that instant pain?

Originally Posted by Szyszak View Post
    I dont know what is the reason of your pain, whether is tendonitis or something else but did u try to use laser and shockwave therapy for that instant pain?
    I haven't tried laser nor shockewave therapy, ive done many things to get rid of the pain, i did pt for 2month without any improvement.

Today I've began to workout with baby weights.

I still have the constant pain, gyms shut down due to corona virus, there is no hope left for me.

I will visit here and update it next month.

I still have the constant pain.

I still have the constant pain plus right shoulder and knee pain along with others.

See you guys next month.

today i started hitting the gym once again and still in constant pain.

I just strained my right triceps with low weight yesterday.

Strained my left calf yesterday.

I am keeping this topic as a journey of injury,im not seeking attention.

Strained my right biceps, im going to quit the gym forever tomorrow.

My injured pec is almost healed, i dont feel shooting,sharp or aches constantly anymore, it feels different compare to right pec major.My left lat dorsi is still aches and feels tight, my left triceps feels better a lil bit better but it does aches from time to time, compare to last year.
    My new injuries below
    Right triceps feels better but not completely healed yet, its been 3 weeks
    Right biceps feels better but not completely healed yet, its been 5 days
    Both shoulders aches little bit.
    Left calf feels tight,weak and tired and if i step on it i feel the pain.
    Its been 10 days.

I will update the pain topic next month.
    Last edited by StanicEnemy; 07-26-2020 at 10:33 AM.