Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Should i buy this cheap lifting belt?

Never owned a lifting belt before. The black one is without padding. The brown one is with padding.
    Not sure which one is better but they're both real cheap. Any recommendations between the two?
    Currently on a budget so i'm trying to get the most bang for my buck.

Cobra Kai never dies!

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I got my favorite lifting belt at goodwill for $2.

Purists are going to suggest spending a ton of money on a name brand or an overkill belt made of the finest materials...but for the average lifter (even those who take this hobby seriously), if it’s the right size, it’s going to do the trick for many many years.

MHO

I’d go with the black one myself.
    My 8 year progress video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wg3BXudgIjg

Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by grubman View Post

Purists are going to suggest spending a ton of money on a name brand or an overkill belt made of the finest materials...but for the average lifter (even those who take this hobby seriously), if it’s the right size, it’s going to do the trick for many many years.

MHO

Thanks for the solid reply. Everyone does always say to spend a ton on an expensive belt, but honestly if this works then it works.
    I've bought a lot of products from aliexpress and they were all great, despite the cheap costs.
    And almost everything you buy in a regular store also got made in china anyway.
    I really appreciate your reply grubman. Finding a belt for $2 is amazing!
    Cobra Kai never dies!

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by backinthegymbro View Post
    Thanks for the solid reply. Everyone does always say to spend a ton on an expensive belt, but honestly if this works then it works.
    I've bought a lot of products from aliexpress and they were all great, despite the cheap costs.
    And almost everything you buy in a regular store also got made in china anyway.
    I really appreciate your reply grubman. Finding a belt for $2 is amazing!
    It’s an older version of this one: https://www.andersonpowerlifting.com...elt-4-inch.htm

More than ample for my needs.
    My 8 year progress video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wg3BXudgIjg

In it for the gainz RestoringTally's Avatar
    RestoringTally is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RestoringTally is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RestoringTally is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RestoringTally is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RestoringTally is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RestoringTally is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RestoringTally is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RestoringTally is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RestoringTally is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RestoringTally is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RestoringTally is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you have been lifting without a belt, I suggest continuing without a belt until you can get one that has the right shape. I only wear a belt when I am lifting near my 1RM.

Cheap, ineffective belts have the back side wider than the front. That is backwards. A lifting belt needs to be about 4" wide, particularly in the front. Think about it, the squishy part of your waist is on the sides and front. That is where you want the support, not the back. Avoid tapered belts.

I have a Spud 4" belt that cost around $60. Much more expensive than the listed above, but much less expensive than many others.

Or you can get one on the BB.com site for around $20:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/g...d=GRIZZ2500472
    I would trust this belt for support more than the ones shown above.
    O─O York Barbell Crew #53 O─O
    ─█────█─ Ivanko Barbell Crew #63 ─█────█─
    ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    My goal is to have so much equipment that I don't have room to workout. I am almost there. :)
    ──────────────────────────────────-───────────────────────
    1st Meet Nov 2014 Push-Pull: 225 - 325 @ 194 Masters 59

In it for the gainz RestoringTally's Avatar
    RestoringTally is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RestoringTally is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RestoringTally is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RestoringTally is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RestoringTally is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RestoringTally is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RestoringTally is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RestoringTally is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RestoringTally is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RestoringTally is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RestoringTally is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Also, read the Sticky: Belts - A Comprehensive Guide

How to choose a belt

All useful belts are the same height for the entire circumference of the belt. Furthermore, they are made of leather and they are never padded. Many of the cheaper belts are tapered, padded and/or made of nylon, but they are made for the ignorant masses, not for you. Since the purpose of the belt is to increase intra-abdominal pressure, and since it does that through cylindrical stress, the height of opposite sides must be of equal heights in order to distribute pressure equally across the surfaces it contacts and it must be rigid - it’s a simple matter of pressure per square inch. The most common height of a quality belt is 4” around. Although there are other height belts, 4” belts are ideal for most people.
    Good advice, although I disagree about avoiding nylon belts. I use a multiply nylon belt for training and a leather one for competitions. Nylon is OK unless you are really pushing yourself and lifting heavy weights.
    O─O York Barbell Crew #53 O─O
    ─█────█─ Ivanko Barbell Crew #63 ─█────█─
    ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    My goal is to have so much equipment that I don't have room to workout. I am almost there. :)
    ──────────────────────────────────-───────────────────────
    1st Meet Nov 2014 Push-Pull: 225 - 325 @ 194 Masters 59

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by grubman View Post

MHO

If it's cardboard like my previous Walmart purchase was, it will only last a few months.
    I'm out, standing in my field.

64 and still a newbie.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ElrondHubbard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RestoringTally View Post
    If you have been lifting without a belt, I suggest continuing without a belt until you can get one that has the right shape. I only wear a belt when I am lifting near my 1RM.

Cheap, ineffective belts have the back side wider than the front. That is backwards. A lifting belt needs to be about 4" wide, particularly in the front. Think about it, the squishy part of your waist is on the sides and front. That is where you want the support, not the back. Avoid tapered belts.

I have a Spud 4" belt that cost around $60. Much more expensive than the listed above, but much less expensive than many others.

Or you can get one on the BB.com site for around $20:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/g...d=GRIZZ2500472
    I would trust this belt for support more than the ones shown above.
    I spent about that much (including tax and shipping) on a Rogue Echo belt. That thing is indestructable!
    I'm out, standing in my field.

64 and still a newbie.

RGrizzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGrizzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGrizzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGrizzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGrizzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGrizzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGrizzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGrizzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGrizzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGrizzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50) RGrizzzz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The usual answer to the question of "Should I buy this cheap (belt/booze/condoms/hooker)" is generally sure, just expect a poor outcome. (As others have mentioned)
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #44 ||---||