foolmeonce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) foolmeonce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) foolmeonce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) foolmeonce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) foolmeonce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) foolmeonce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) foolmeonce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) foolmeonce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) foolmeonce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) foolmeonce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) foolmeonce has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Angry Genetics > hard work

I've been doing this for about 3 years now and I'm 100% certain that I've done everything correctly. I researched bodybuilding for weeks, focused on a realistic goal, got the necessary help from actual experts and worked my ass off to get where I am now. I was truly proud of myself for about a minute there.

Then I meet a person who has NEVER stepped foot in a gym before, and he manages to eclipse my entire progress within 1 year. The very same idiot who spent a month lifting with improper form before someone took pity on him and taught him the basics. A worthless animal who opts for eating whatever he can find because his genetics make it easy to burn fat and he "can't be bothered" with a strict diet. But of course that doesn't matter because he's gifted with a disgusting 6'11 height, a naturally large frame and overall perfect genetics for gains. The biggest insult is that he was apparently FAT in his teens and he didn't face any consequences for being a dirty pig. Who needs effort and discipline when you can just be born flawless and take a huge dump on other men's hard work?

How can I keep believing that "hard work matters the most" when it's clear that someone who is naturally superior will ALWAYS do better?

And yes, I'm fully aware that I sound like a whiny little bitch right now. I don't care. I might as well munch on some burgers, get hideously fat, create a Twitter account and become one of those obese ****s who claim that gym bros are oppressing them. **** this ****.
    Last edited by foolmeonce; 09-01-2019 at 06:49 AM.

my non-edited 'before'pic etet1919's Avatar
    etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) etet1919 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're getting your anger and resentment out...and as long as you're not hurling insults at this guy, this is a better alternative. It's ok.

Yes, the very nature of genetics means that everyone will possess their own unique strengths and weaknesses in ALL areas of life. That's just reality, as you realize, and not some revelation. The only thing anyone can do is try to be the best possible version of themselves and work with what they have, or were given.

There's always going to be people better, equal and worse than you in any given pursuit, endeavour, study, etc...and the bodybuilding and fitness arena is no exception to this. That doesn't mean hard work matters any less. People who you believe are gifted still have to put in the effort to achieve their maximum (or close to) potential.

So, don't compare yourself or your capabilities with this guy, or anyone else's whom you think will make you feel envious...If you cannot use his accomplishments as realistic inspiration, then gain objective knowledge and a more positive confident outlook, and look towards others you admire for motivation. In the process of gaining knowledge about what YOU'RE capable of, within time (and with patience), you may find some intrinsic drive and motivation...
    Last edited by etet1919; 09-01-2019 at 10:21 AM.
    Fact: My first-generation uncle was a boxer who fought Sugar Ray Robinson! He also fought in the war, sacrificing the career he deeply loved, so people could have the right to freedom.

Let's show RESPECT for the POLICE and ALL FIRST RESPONDERS by helping to keep THEM SAFE AND SOUND, and thereby able to PROTECT US!

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    OP, you'll never be happy if constantly compare yourself to others. The question is really "Can you "better" yourself by doing all the right things?" (The answer is "YES".)

Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Some people think they know how to train and still look the same year after year. Without actually posting what training routine you're following, how strict your diet is and how hard you actually train, there's no telling you actually ''know'' what you're doing.

And sure some people have better genetics. But you're not competing against them. You're competing against your yesterday's self.

Originally Posted by foolmeonce View Post
    I might as well munch on some burgers, get hideously fat, create a Twitter account and become one of those obese ****s who claim that gym bros are oppressing them. **** this ****.
    If that's your current attitude, then i bet you look like chit right now after 3 years. Which means you really don't know how to train properly.
    Cuz even without great genetics, after 3 years of solid lifting, you should still look really good and be proud of your body.
    Only someone without gains would have such a defeatist attitude and throw away all his progress after 3 years. But of course not much gets thrown away if there was hardly any progress made.

How about you post a picture of your physique and then we'll tell you if it's your genetics at fault or whether it's what you've been doing for the last 3 years that's been the problem.
    Cobra Kai never dies!

INeedABetterOne has a spectacular aura about. (+250) INeedABetterOne has a spectacular aura about. (+250) INeedABetterOne has a spectacular aura about. (+250) INeedABetterOne has a spectacular aura about. (+250) INeedABetterOne has a spectacular aura about. (+250) INeedABetterOne has a spectacular aura about. (+250) INeedABetterOne has a spectacular aura about. (+250) INeedABetterOne has a spectacular aura about. (+250) INeedABetterOne has a spectacular aura about. (+250) INeedABetterOne has a spectacular aura about. (+250) INeedABetterOne has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    bull**** (also TLDR)

FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Try 12-13. Just saying. 3 years isn't ****.
    550/385/655, 285 overhead press, 330 push jerk, 250 weighted dip, 190 weighted pull-up, 413.8 max weighted pull-up, 450 front squat, 365 RFESS, 305 x 2 log press, 400 (per arm) farmer's carry, 370 atlas stone, 31 pull-ups at 247.

www.youtube.com/user/JoeyTheMilitant/videos
    Next competition date(s): November 9th & 10th, 2019.
    Instagram: @hiphopstrongman_reloaded

SlinkyTV is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by foolmeonce View Post
    I've been doing this for about 3 years now and I'm 100% certain that I've done everything correctly. I researched bodybuilding for weeks, focused on a realistic goal, got the necessary help from actual experts and worked my ass off to get where I am now. I was truly proud of myself for about a minute there.

Then I meet a person who has NEVER stepped foot in a gym before, and he manages to eclipse my entire progress within 1 year. The very same idiot who spent a month lifting with improper form before someone took pity on him and taught him the basics. A worthless animal who opts for eating whatever he can find because his genetics make it easy to burn fat and he "can't be bothered" with a strict diet. But of course that doesn't matter because he's gifted with a disgusting 6'11 height, a naturally large frame and overall perfect genetics for gains. The biggest insult is that he was apparently FAT in his teens and he didn't face any consequences for being a dirty pig. Who needs effort and discipline when you can just be born flawless and take a huge dump on other men's hard work?

How can I keep believing that "hard work matters the most" when it's clear that someone who is naturally superior will ALWAYS do better?

And yes, I'm fully aware that I sound like a whiny little bitch right now. I don't care. I might as well munch on some burgers, get hideously fat, create a Twitter account and become one of those obese ****s who claim that gym bros are oppressing them. **** this ****.
    A person with a powerful mindset DOESN'T waste energy and time trying to control things that they cannot. The man isn't perfect, you probably have something that he doesn't have and he'd be happy to get it. None of us are perfect, I really don't care how much you measure your food, it won't be perfect, I really don't care how you look, you aren't perfect, I don't care about your personality, cause it also ISN'T perfect. Not even mine, not even anybody in the world.

Once you learn this, you will get into a state of mind where your confidence is immeasurable, where your mentality is so strong, that it can overrides everything you try to achieve, challenges become a joke. Don't waste your time looking at others, you don't sound like a bitch at all, don't be too hard on yourself, we all have our ups and downs, embrace your imperfections, embrace your goddamn LIFE!

Did you use your brain when you typed that? It doesn't make any sense, it's not the person with genetics that'll do better, it's the person with great perseverance and dedication and consistency that wins in the end. Fail once, fail twice, fail ten FUKING TIMES, learn to catch yourself, go back at it, never stop until you reach the finish line. No matter how much motivation we give you, if you don't have what it takes to be great, you're just wasting your time.