Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    TryingBB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TryingBB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TryingBB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TryingBB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TryingBB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TryingBB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TryingBB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TryingBB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TryingBB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TryingBB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TryingBB is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by zanisbar View Post
    To each to its own i guess,when i tried recomp it was just wasting my one month.
    I agree. Based on my experience this journey is very individual because different things work for different people. It’s a constant learning...

I really want to do an aggresssive cut and get into a slow bulk as this cutting crap sucks. But my workouts are just horrible during aggressive cuts. That’s why I’m sticking with a slow cut (not exactly a recomp).

I do realized based on all research and based on what people say that cutting and then bulking is optimal but for my goal of not getting too skinny that does not work. I don’t have a lot of base muscle. So I’m trying this for as long as it works...
    **^^ Work hard AND more importantly, work smart ^^**

TryingBB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TryingBB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TryingBB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TryingBB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TryingBB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TryingBB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TryingBB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TryingBB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TryingBB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TryingBB is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TryingBB is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Not necessarily. Granted it will be less certain but if you work hard and make consistent progressive overload whiles staying the same weight, you're doing the business.

If you have a lot of fat to lose then perhaps it would not make sense unless you really can't live with a calorie deficit for prolonged periods - in which case you'll have to live with the fact it's going to take a very long time to reach a lean target.
    Please define “lot of fat to loose”. What bodyfat percentage is that for you?
    **^^ Work hard AND more importantly, work smart ^^**

Harsh Truth Distributor xsquid99's Avatar
    xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by wickedsushi View Post
    Hello all.

Just a quick update. Been using MyFitnessPal now for nearly two weeks - and 2kg gone. Down from 110.3kg to 107.9kg!

Thank you so much to everyone who suggested I track my calorie intake. I've never done it in previous weight loss efforts, but what an amazing eye opener! I don't know what I was eating during dinner beforehand, but looking back with what I know now, I must have been smashing 1000 calories plus easily. With my established daily target of 1870, it's little wonder I wasn't seeing any movement on the scales - regardless of how 'healthy' the food was.

It's great to have everything accounted for. I don't attempt to eat back calories from exercise, but still drifted over the 1870. I'm averaging about 900 calories with my cardio efforts, which was leaving me with around 5-600 calorie deficit (exercise accounted for). The scales weren't moving as much as I wanted so - and this is the great thing with the app - I can see exactly where I can trim up the calories further. Instead of 80-90g of muesli, I cut it down to 50gm. And another surprising one - coffee! I always have milk and sweetener, but I saw I could whack off 75 calories a cup by switching to black. Two coffees a day and reduced amount of muesli and I'd already shaved off over 300 calories! Along with a couple of other tweaks, I managed to get my deficit to between 800-1000 calories a day. The increased deficit really started to get the scales counting down.

Weigh myself every morning and track with the Libra app. It's a lot better weighing daily as opposing to banking everything on a reading once a week. I tend to have two days with around the same weigh +/- .1kg, followed by a day with a .4kg drop off.

Thanks again, all.
    This is the kind of post I wish we saw more on this forum, but instead most people just want to argue about how they still can't lose weight even though their supposedly tracking their calories (even though we know they aren't). Weighing your food is eye opening (it definitely was for me). After a while you will get really good at it and eventually you may get to a point where you wont need to do it anymore (or can get by with just occasionally spot checking yourself).
    Fitness/Weightlifting/Bodybuilding YouTuber's that you should be watching if you aren't:

Eric Helms/Team3DMJ: https://www.youtube.com/user/Team3DMJ
    Jeff Nippard: https://www.youtube.com/user/icecream4PRs
    Alan Thrall: https://www.youtube.com/user/athrall7
    Omar Isuf: https://www.youtube.com/user/OmarIsuf