Yayayayayaya is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Better ways to find calorie surplus?

So I'm 18, 5'9" and weigh 50kg. I'm trying to stop being the stick man I am by keeping track of my calories and staying at a comfortable calorie surplus. The problem is I do not know where to find an accurate calorie surplus so I can start pick a good surplus to try and go for. All calorie calculator sites say I need to eat 2000 calories to maintain my weight but if that was true then I should weigh like 40kg by now as my average caloric intake over the past 3 years has been 1000/never more than 1500. Right now I'm just eating what I usually do plus extra eggs, tuna & protein supplements and hoping that's enough.

tips any1 pls?

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just eat 500 more than you do to maintain. Done.
    Why tuna and protein supplements? Not particularly high calorie.

Cheeseburgers,, pizza, peanut butter on anything, add seeds to stuff like porridge add cheese to everything. Big homemade meaty dishes etc all easier ways to gain
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why are you only eating 1000-1500 calories? As mentioned above your surplus does not have to be protein, you can eat carbs and fats you know.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Yayayayayaya View Post
    So I'm 18, 5'9" and weigh 50kg. I'm trying to stop being the stick man I am by keeping track of my calories and staying at a comfortable calorie surplus. The problem is I do not know where to find an accurate calorie surplus so I can start pick a good surplus to try and go for. All calorie calculator sites say I need to eat 2000 calories to maintain my weight but if that was true then I should weigh like 40kg by now as my average caloric intake over the past 3 years has been 1000/never more than 1500. Right now I'm just eating what I usually do plus extra eggs, tuna & protein supplements and hoping that's enough.

tips any1 pls?
    uh..you're telling me your BMI is 16.2?

I recommend the hospital and a feeding tube. You need to be either evaluated by a doctor, or kept in a clinical setting for monitoring and weight restoration.

Otherwise, I recommend 3500+ calories a day and ZERO cardio until you each a BMI of about 20, under the supervision of a doctor.
    The power of carbs compels me!

iztiraab81 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Yayayayayaya View Post

tips any1 pls?
    I think age is a factor in the calculations. Anyways 1000 calories is way too less. 1500 calories is way too less. Try 2300, the recommendation might also take into account that your body is still developing, since it does until 22-23ish.

There is no harm in eating 2000 - 2300 cals, just track your weight weekly, if you do end up gaining weight faster than lets say a pound a week, then you can cut the calories down to like 1800. Even then since you are 18 I recommend just going straight for 2300 - 2500. Dont eat less you'll be malnourished and it might affect your teenage development.

Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    Just eat 500 more than you do to maintain. Done.
    Why tuna and protein supplements? Not particularly high calorie.

Cheeseburgers,, pizza, peanut butter on anything, add seeds to stuff like porridge add cheese to everything. Big homemade meaty dishes etc all easier ways to gain
    Tuna, eggs & protein supplements are just the snacks I've added in that I'm comfortable with not my meals. My meals - well my 1 meal.. - is any form of chicken, so sometimes chicken burgers, sometimes chicken with rice etc.

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    Why are you only eating 1000-1500 calories? As mentioned above your surplus does not have to be protein, you can eat carbs and fats you know.
    I'm only eating 1000/1500 because that's just what I'm physically able to eat right now.

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    uh..you're telling me your BMI is 16.2?

I recommend the hospital and a feeding tube. You need to be either evaluated by a doctor, or kept in a clinical setting for monitoring and weight restoration.

Otherwise, I recommend 3500+ calories a day and ZERO cardio until you each a BMI of about 20, under the supervision of a doctor.
    I've visited a doctor but all they did was make sure that I wasn’t anorexic, I wasn't because it's associated with people who don't want to gain weight - I do just can't :c. I would love to eat 3500+ lol but right now it’s physically impossible for me to get that food in. Also I have stopped going for runs like I used to this year to try and gain weight.

Originally Posted by iztiraab81 View Post
    I think age is a factor in the calculations. Anyways 1000 calories is way too less. 1500 calories is way too less. Try 2300, the recommendation might also take into account that your body is still developing, since it does until 22-23ish.

There is no harm in eating 2000 - 2300 cals, just track your weight weekly, if you do end up gaining weight faster than lets say a pound a week, then you can cut the calories down to like 1800. Even then since you are 18 I recommend just going straight for 2300 - 2500. Dont eat less you'll be malnourished and it might affect your teenage development.
    I know that there’s no harm in eating 2000+ but the problem is I can’t shove that much food in me (I’ve tried), so for now I’m trying to slowly build up my caloric intake from 1000 to something higher. Whenever I try jumping to 2000+ I can never keep it up for long because of how sick I feel afterwards.
    Last edited by Yayayayayaya; 08-29-2019 at 03:05 AM.

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Then eat very calorie dense foods that will knock your calories up. Oils, butter, nuts, cream, empty high calorie foods e.g doughnuts.

You need to stop eating low calorie foods if you can't eat a lot and eat high dense calories which aren't very filling.

If you are trying to gain weight why are you only eating one meal? Snacks are your tools.to and calories.
    Last edited by hardyboysare; 08-29-2019 at 03:18 AM.

Originally Posted by hardyboysare View Post
    Then eat very calorie dense foods that will knock your calories up. Oils, butter, nuts, cream, empty high calorie foods e.g doughnuts.

You need to stop eating low calorie foods if you can't eat a lot and eat high dense calories which aren't very filling.

If you are trying to gain weight why are you only eating one meal? Snacks are your tools.to and calories.
    I used to always try to go for at least a second meal but there would always be a lot of food left that I couldn't force down so the next best thing I thought to do was 1 meal + a lot of snacks across the day until I developed a good enough appetite for two meals.

WNP88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WNP88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WNP88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WNP88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WNP88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WNP88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WNP88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WNP88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WNP88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WNP88 is on a distinguished road. (+10) WNP88 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Try adding some olive oil to your meals, that should up the calories and won't be any harder to eat.

Also, for snacks, add nuts and other calorie dense foods. 40g of nuts is over 200 calories.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There is absolute zero reason to think that calories = volume (or amount of food), because it absolutely does not. You can eat smaller meals of calorie dense foods without making it feel like you're shoveling a lot of food into your mouth.

If you're trying to eat 2000 calories of chicken and rice its no wonder you can't get it all down.

Eat more nuts, avocados, peanut butter, olive oil, pizza, cheeseburgers, ice cream. You have a license to eat ALL OF IT.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Originally Posted by WNP88 View Post
    Try adding some olive oil to your meals, that should up the calories and won't be any harder to eat.

Also, for snacks, add nuts and other calorie dense foods. 40g of nuts is over 200 calories.
    Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    There is absolute zero reason to think that calories = volume (or amount of food), because it absolutely does not. You can eat smaller meals of calorie dense foods without making it feel like you're shoveling a lot of food into your mouth.

If you're trying to eat 2000 calories of chicken and rice its no wonder you can't get it all down.

Eat more nuts, avocados, peanut butter, olive oil, pizza, cheeseburgers, ice cream. You have a license to eat ALL OF IT.

Hi thanks didn't realise how many calories olive oil adds. I'll try adding a tablespoon to whatever I eat and that should add up closer to 2000.

Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    add a glass of whole milk and a spoonful of peanut butter
    “Other gyms use machines… CrossFit builds them”

ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If there was ever a use case for the add a gallon of whole milk a day diet this is it. You need to find easy to consume, high calorie foods. 2k calories isn't anything when you're eating foods like mentioned above. It might seem tough at first but you need to learn how to power through things that are uncomfortable because getting a better body is going to be uncomfortable. Embrace it.

iztiraab81 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I know that there’s no harm in eating 2000+ but the problem is I can’t shove that much food in me (I’ve tried), so for now I’m trying to slowly build up my caloric intake from 1000 to something higher. Whenever I try jumping to 2000+ I can never keep it up for long because of how sick I feel afterwards.
    You can add more of a calorie dense food, like lets say peanut butter, add more tbsps to your sandwich.
    I mean for Breakfast, you can do 3-4 eggs cooked in olive oil/ butter, 2 glasses of 2%milk, a 2 tbsp peanut butter sandwich. That's around 800 calories or more.

jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000)
    I agree with the nuts and milk comments.
    1 glass of whole milk twice a day, plus snack on 1/2 cup mixed nuts through the day. That's over 600 calories added.
    Current.................365 / getting / there.........185 lbs
    Pre-COVID..............335 / 295 / 499..............185 lbs
    July 1, 2019................9 week cut.................164 lbs
    Late April 2019.........285 / 275 / 440.............178 lbs
    Oct, 2018..............175x6 / 145x6 / 275x5......163 lbs

sepul^ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sepul^ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sepul^ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sepul^ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sepul^ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sepul^ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sepul^ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sepul^ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sepul^ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sepul^ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sepul^ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You can also try making your own shakes in a blender. Throw in banana, nuts, olive oil and other stuff for taste. Easy way to force down calories.

Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Dude get some ice cream preferably with like chocolate chips and peanut butter in it. Knock down a half a pint before bed while you watch your favourite TV show or whatever it is you do before bed.

Eat stuff that tastes good like cheeseburgers, pizza,pasta.

Stop eating foods that aren't dense. You'll never get enough down to gain weight
    Recent best lifts
    Bench - 225x13, 235x9, 250x5, 280x1
    Squat - 295x10, 340x5, 375x1
    Deadlift - 430x12, 450x9, 485x5, 515x1
    OHP - 150x11, 170x6, 185x2, 190x1
    3 mile run: 21:59 @ 170 bw.
    BW - 195 Getting fat mode
    531 Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177172201&page=6