Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50) yohahn will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Ironmaster Super Bench Pro - Labor Day Sale

FYI they are running 15% off their benches and attachments thru 9/2 per their IG page I may pull the trigger on the redesigned bench and try one out. 30 day returns with free return shipping if not satisfied seems like nothing to lose.

Super Benches and Attachments
    15% off with Free Shipping
    coupon code: sblabor1915

radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Probably be all over this if the pad was wider. 10.5" isn't going to cut it for me.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The SuperBench is a different animal though, you will be hard pressed to find a bench that can compete with the functionality and quality of the attachments. With the revised height and firm padding it doesn't get much better than this for the money. I know REP is the most popular right now and the pad is wider, but I would probably buy this one given the choice between the two.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

JustTheDad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JustTheDad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JustTheDad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JustTheDad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JustTheDad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JustTheDad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JustTheDad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JustTheDad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JustTheDad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JustTheDad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JustTheDad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    The SuperBench is a different animal though, you will be hard pressed to find a bench that can compete with the functionality and quality of the attachments. With the revised height and firm padding it doesn't get much better than this for the money. I know REP is the most popular right now and the pad is wider, but I would probably buy this one given the choice between the two.
    Gonna rep you just for saying you'd take something over the Rep 5000. That's practically heresy around here lately. The Rep is nice. I even ordered one, but I'm debating ordering the IronMaster now and having a pad made that widens to 12.5" above the seat area. It would only be a 1" increase on each side, so might even be able to do it as a rectangle.

Just called IronMaster. One of the people there, Scott, said he would measure to see if there's any extra room inside the frame of the back rest.
    Last edited by JustTheDad; 08-28-2019 at 02:58 PM.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JustTheDad View Post
    Gonna rep you just for saying you'd take something over the Rep 5000. That's practically heresy around here lately. The Rep is nice. I even ordered one, but I'm debating ordering the IronMaster now and having a pad made that widens to 12.5" above the seat area. It would only be a 1" increase on each side, so might even be able to do it as a rectangle.
    Haha, figured I would get negged for saying that! But in all fairness, I said LONG ago if Ironmaster ever fixed the height and soft pad issues their bench would be unbeatable. The ease of adjustments rock, the attachments like the decline / AB are phenomenal, it's a true flat bench, and for DB work the narrow seat is nice. It's not as beefy feeling as some benches, but that also means it's easier to move around.

JustTheDad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JustTheDad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JustTheDad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JustTheDad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JustTheDad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JustTheDad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JustTheDad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JustTheDad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JustTheDad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JustTheDad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JustTheDad is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't think anyone would neg us, but Rep is getting a bit of a cult like following.
    Scott at IronMaster told me there's an inch and a half between the center of the seat frame curve and the edge of the back pad. He didn't tell me if the straight part of the seat frame extends at all past the edge of the back pad before it starts to curve back. That's the detail I want. I can't find any close up pictures online of the seat installed that shows the seat frame.

radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for posting this - I think you already know that I'm a fan of Rep, but I remain open-minded. I just realized the dumbbell spotting stand for the Super Bench Pro should fit PowerBlocks. This and the sale are making me wonder if I've been too hasty in dismissing the Super Bench. I'm not a big guy and I do a lot of dumbbell work. The 10.5" width might not be a big deal, especially since I already have a 12" flat bench that I'm keeping.

Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    Thanks for posting this - I think you already know that I'm a fan of Rep, but I remain open-minded. I just realized the dumbbell spotting stand for the Super Bench Pro should fit PowerBlocks. This and the sale are making me wonder if I've been too hasty in dismissing the Super Bench. I'm not a big guy and I do a lot of dumbbell work. The 10.5" width might not be a big deal, especially since I already have a 12" flat bench that I'm keeping.
    I'm probably ordering one. Scott at IronMaster said the straight portion of the seat frame extends almost an inch past the edge of the seat pad before it starts its U shaped bend. 3/4" would allow a 12" pad without any issues if my shoulder decides I need one.
    I liked the AB5000 and Rep was great to deal with. It just had a few minor issues that I didn't want to live with and wouldn't have been able to fix. The pad issue with the IronMaster I can probably fix if it turns out to be an issue. I really should have bought that used Pendulum bench a couple of weeks ago

(I may have a used bench to go look at this weekend though. A FreeMotion Epic bench for under $200)
    Last edited by JustTheDad; 08-29-2019 at 09:48 AM.

cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I may be tempted $372 with the leg attachment and delivery is a pretty good deal. Not too worried about the thinner pad since it will be for upright, incline and ab work. Will keep the Rep with their wider pad for flat benching. The 10.5" will probably be good for my kids now that I'm teaching them technique.

Was planning on getting the rep zero gap but this is about $300 less so may be hard to skip on. Haven't seen anything good commerical at a reasonable price in a while and I'm set with flat
    {5'7" and under #1}
    ▪█───█▪ Equipment Crew #77 ▪█───█▪
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew - Can't recall number [M]===[6]

Originally Posted by cwcmac View Post
    Was planning on getting the rep zero gap but this is about $300 less so may be hard to skip on. Haven't seen anything good commerical at a reasonable price in a while and I'm set with flat
    The price difference is KILLER, I've had the previous IM version (twice) but couldn't get over the 20" height and soft padding. Really hope they nailed it this time, had I not just found my Cybex before they released this I would have probably bought one. Only other complaint I remember was the seat being a tad narrow, but it didn't cause any issues for me.

Slick80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slick80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slick80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slick80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slick80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slick80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slick80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slick80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slick80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slick80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slick80 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The price difference is KILLER, I've had the previous IM version (twice) but couldn't get over the 20" height and soft padding. Really hope they nailed it this time, had I not just found my Cybex before they released this I would have probably bought one. Only other complaint I remember was the seat being a tad narrow, but it didn't cause any issues for me.
    Was doing research on gym equipment and came across this forum so I had to sign up! I'm trying to decide between the Ironmaster Super Bench Pro and the much hyped Rep AB-5000 but have found some issues with both. Can I get your input on the following things that I've seen about the Ironmaster since you've had two of them?

1) There were some posts on here claiming the quality of the frame/hardware/pad was nowhere near commercial grade and how the bench doesn't wear well over time and gets increasingly more wobbly. Also that the screws holding the back pad end up stripping out.
    2) From looking at multiple videos I noticed in incline/decline positions the back pad rocks back and forth on the adjustment arc as if there is some play in the adjustment lever mechanism. A user on here (morebarbell I think) said he had 6 of these benches and all of them rocked back and forth but had no side to side wobble despite him tightening the suggested bolts. There are also a lot of contradicting reviews that say this thing is rock solid with zero movement in the back pad in any direction.

The Rep bench appears to be commercial grade, sturdier, much larger and twice the weight which is both a pro and a con. The wider and longer pad is a big advantage over the Ironmaster. It's also more expensive and has some quality control issues (chips in the finish, sloppy welds, loose hardware, crooked parts) but if you get a good one people say it's the best bench available for the price. It also wobbles in the seat and back pad but I don't know if this is considered normal or not. I can't post links yet but the following videos can be found on youtube under Rep's own channel:
    - Rep's wobble adjustment video, post adjustment at 1:53 the seat and pad is still moving a fair bit.
    - Rep's AB-5100 promo video (not the AB-5000 I know but should be similar) shows rocking back and forth of the back pad at 1:34.
    - Rep Fitness thread in this subforum, blue9steel mentions the wobble as well and not being able to fix it in the seat.

Originally Posted by Slick80 View Post
    but if you get a good one people say it's the best bench available for the price.
    This is a subjective opinion, largely peddaled by a few people in the 'GarageGymReview' crowd on Instagram. Honestly, for REP's asking price I'm somewhat surprised that the bench has become very popular given other options. It's by no means a cheap bench, maybe compared to a Rogue AB but not compared to residential options like the SuperBench or CAP+ Commercial (which rivals the Legend 3103).

The 'best bench for the price' is the bench that fits 95% of your needs, within your desired budget. For many people that's going to vary GREATLY, which causes many people to frequently buy/sell until they find the perfect match for their setup. The REP adjustable benches appear to be fantastic, but they are not the only one that makes a near commercial quality bench for decent money. I would contest that the CAP+ Commercial (7 position) bench mentioned above is a better 'value'. But if you chase the rabbit down the 'perfect specifications' black hole you might cross it off for one reason or another (like Brand name or decline option).

The research you did on the IM is spot on though, some report slight movement in the backrest during specific incline positions and it's NOT a commercial quality bench. It's a high quality residential bench, that if used properly and cared for should last forever in a typical home gym setting. But the big question you should ask yourself is "Do you plan on using this bench in a commercial gym"? If the answer is no, then it's more likley an arbitrary concern easily satisfied once you realize the benefits to saving money on the Ironmaster. Not to mention the space saving ability and attachment options, compared to REP the SuperBench is untouchable in terms of functionality. It's lightweight for mobility, incline adjustments are effortless, and it's a true flat bench without the need to adjust the lower seat. If they got the padding right it should be a winner, and I'm sure if you are creative there are ways to limit the incline wiggle.

FAK it, my wife has went on a shopping spree lately. Maybe I'm in need of a second bench for the gym. Pretty much talking myself into this one, the ab/crunch attachment was phenomenal....
    Last edited by urbanlifter; 08-29-2019 at 05:23 PM.

To put things into perspective, the Ironmaster SuperBench Pro with the Ab/crunch AND leg extension/curl attachment is $443.07 with the current sale. The REP bench, albeit higher quality for sure, is $499 before shipping then you tack on another $89 for just the leg attachment. So you're looking at likley $200 more for the REP bench, which wouldn't have the compact ability to do leg extensions and curls. Hmnn...

Edit: Order placed. Realized I had an additional $65 credit to apply from reward points, so I guess I'm back to owning two benches! The Cybex and IM will compliment each other nicely, my son has been lifting so it will be good to have two to work with. Also, looking forward to the ability to add attachments, got the ab/crunch and leg extension to see if they are as amazing as I remebered.
    Last edited by urbanlifter; 08-29-2019 at 06:57 PM.

UrbanLifter

Did you once have an Edge Transformer bench? If you did, how does it compare to the IronMaster?

Slick80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slick80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slick80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slick80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slick80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slick80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slick80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slick80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slick80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slick80 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slick80 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    To put things into perspective, the Ironmaster SuperBench Pro with the Ab/crunch AND leg extension/curl attachment is $443.07 with the current sale. The REP bench, albeit higher quality for sure, is $499 before shipping then you tack on another $89 for just the leg attachment. So you're looking at likley $200 more for the REP bench, which wouldn't have the compact ability to do leg extensions and curls. Hmnn...

Edit: Order placed. Realized I had an additional $65 credit to apply from reward points, so I guess I'm back to owning two benches! The Cybex and IM will compliment each other nicely, my son has been lifting so it will be good to have two to work with. Also, looking forward to the ability to add attachments, got the ab/crunch and leg extension to see if they are as amazing as I remebered.
    Thank you for the input, those are some good points. I have to choose wisely because I'm in Canada and it would be a real pain to return either bench. I guess the only thing holding me back now from buying the Ironmaster is the difference between reviews on how wobbly the back pad is. My old bench moved around during decline situps and didn't feel very safe because of it so any replacement will have to be stable in all positions. Again, I can't post any links yet but if you go on Youtube and search "Ironmaster Super Bench - Day2/Tag 2 - Function Testing/Funktionstest" at 5:00 and 6:00 there is quite a lot of rocking back and forth and you can see the main support post and adjustment arc flexing from side to side. I don't know if this is normal for the Super Bench or if he has a few loose bolts but seeing the support column itself moving around is a little unnerving. Did either of your Super benches wiggle around this much?

The Pro back pad might be less wobbly because the support column is almost 3" shorter, the adjustment arc is made of a noticeably wider (and possibly thicker) strip of steel than the original and the arc support point is closer to the end of the bench. For those curious, there's a good instagram post with a few side by side pics comparing the original and pro if you google search "aperture_engineering super bench" and look for "Here are my first impressions of the new Ironmaster Super Bench Pro..."

irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) irongrandpa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Urban, did you sell the Cap bench, I thought it was a very nice bench.
    Sig line can't be a novel

Originally Posted by irongrandpa View Post
    Urban, did you sell the Cap bench, I thought it was a very nice bench.
    I did, after I found the Cybex 5435 and upgraded the padding. The design of the Cybex works extremely well with the Powertec, but the CAP+ bench was pretty awesome. Sometimes I miss the CAP for the additional incline levels, the lowest setting on the Cybex is 3-4" higher and shifts the focus to the shoulders.

Decided to go for it and just placed my order for the bench + dip + sit-up attachments. It's a lot cheaper than Rep with this sale. The attachments look great. Plus, I discovered yesterday that Ironmaster is located about 60 min away. It's nice to support a local company, and it gives me the opportunity to shop in person at their showroom later on. If the bench works out, there's no doubt I'll want more attachments. If the sale weren't ending on 9/2, I would have checked out the bench in person, but they are open M-F and I can't get there today.
    Last edited by radrd; 08-30-2019 at 09:44 AM.

Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    Decided to go for it and just placed my order for the bench + dip + sit-up attachments. It's a lot cheaper than Rep with this sale. The attachments look great.
    Nice! It's a minor leap of faith, but having experience with the previous versions makes me feel comfortable with the quality expectations. Plus, I had been thinking about purchasing a weight loaded leg extension / curl machine anyway, so this satisfies that need while giving me another bench option for the kids.

cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) cwcmac is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Nice! It's a minor leap of faith, but having experience with the previous versions makes me feel comfortable with the quality expectations. Plus, I had been thinking about purchasing a weight loaded leg extension / curl machine anyway, so this satisfies that need while giving me another bench option for the kids.
    Did I read it correctly that you're planning on getting the leg curl extension? My assumption, based on nothing, is that it would be crappy with range of motion, limited weight limits, etc. The site says it's only rated to 200 lbs
    {5'7" and under #1}

Did I read it correctly that you're planning on getting the leg curl extension? My assumption, based on nothing, is that it would be crappy with range of motion, limited weight limits, etc. The site says it's only rated to 200 lbs
    I ordered the leg extension/curl and ab/crunch attachment with mine, I had both of them the first time I bought the IM SuperBench and they were fantastic attachments. The plate loaded leg extensions attachments are generally hit or miss on residential benches, but the IM was one of the nicest ones I had used. I had thought about buying something like the Titan's seated curl/extension machine, but it makes much more sense to get the functionality of the IM bench for a little more money.
    Last edited by urbanlifter; 08-30-2019 at 11:40 AM.

I ordered the leg extension/curl and ab/crunch attachment with mine, I had both of them the first time I bought the IM SuperBench and they were fantastic attachments. The plate loaded leg extensions attachments are generally hit or miss on residential benches, but the IM was one of the nicest ones I had used. I had thought about buying something like the Titan's seated curl/extension machine, but it makes much more sense to get the functionality of the I'm for a little more money.
    Thanks. With the multi-attachment discount and memorial day code it comes to only $443 for the bench leg attachment and ad attachment . I'll probably order it tonight after I have a lot of drinks and care less about money
    {5'7" and under #1}

Thanks. With the multi-attachment discount and memorial day code it comes to only $443 for the bench leg attachment and ad attachment . I'll probably order it tonight after I have a lot of drinks and care less about money
    That's hilarious, because that's pretty much EXACTLY what I did last night. $443 is a hella good deal for all that, I just hope they have kept the quality on par with what it has been in the past. Make no mistake though it's a residential quality bench, so I wouldn't expect it to feel like a Hammer Strength or Cybex. But adjusting the incline settings with one hand is pretty boss, it's a tradeoff for sure.

That's hilarious, because that's pretty much EXACTLY what I did last night. $443 is a hella good deal for all that, I just hope they have kept the quality on par with what it has been in the past. Make no mistake though it's a residential quality bench, so I wouldn't expect it to feel like a Hammer Strength or Cybex. But adjusting the incline settings with one hand is pretty boss, it's a tradeoff for sure.
    My main thought is that the narrower pad is fine for me for ad work, incline work but I have my Rep with their version of a fat pad for regular benching. With the 10.5" pad, it will be good for teaching form to my 8 and 9 year olds. A 14" pad or even a 12" width aren't going to fit them well, this should work for my needs and theirs.
    {5'7" and under #1}

My main thought is that the narrower pad is fine for me for ad work, incline work but I have my Rep with their version of a fat pad for regular benching. With the 10.5" pad, it will be good for teaching form to my 8 and 9 year olds. A 14" pad or even a 12" width aren't going to fit them well, this should work for my needs and theirs.
    That's a good point, in addition to the narrow pad I bet the lower seat height will be great for the kids as well! Either way I'm excited about the purchase, mine shipped already so hopefully I'll get some pics posted soon!

Got my bench today.

They shipped out yesterday and apparently upgraded to Saturday delivery, or maybe FedEx didn't want to leave it sitting around over the long weekend with such a short distance to go. First impressions are extremely positive. It's nowhere near as beefy as my Rep FB-5000, but that was entirely expected. Pad isn't as grippy either, but again, not surprising. There is some texture to it though, so not as slick as I expected either. Assembly consisted of four bolts to attach the feet. Extremely easy. And probably the biggest question people have: there is no rock that I can discern. It's solid in all positions with no pad or foot wobble. We'll see how it performs under load, but so far I have no complaints, especially for the price.

Edit - Pad is also very firm. Perhaps as firm as the Rep flat bench, but I'll be able to tell better once I use it with weight. Obviously nowhere near as thick.
    Last edited by radrd; 08-31-2019 at 03:43 PM.

Thanks for the update radrd! The rocking back and forth was definitely my biggest concern and it sounds like they fixed that with the Pro. So everything about it, the frame / hardware / powder coat / pad all seem to be high quality? Would love to hear your thoughts on how stable this thing is with heavy weight given how light it is. I don't understand why they don't offer a 12" width pad option or addon, maybe if enough of us email them about it.

Thanks for the update radrd! The rocking back and forth was definitely my biggest concern and it sounds like they fixed that with the Pro. So everything about it, the frame / hardware / powder coat / pad all seem to be high quality? Would love to hear your thoughts on how stable this thing is with heavy weight given how light it is. I don't understand why they don't offer a 12" width pad option or addon, maybe if enough of us email them about it.
    You might have to wait for Urban to give you thoughts on heavy weight - I'm not that strong and I'm currently rehabbing a shoulder injury. That said, I'm planning on doing some dumbbell benching tomorrow if the shoulder feels good and chest supported incline dumbbell rows in a couple days, which should be a really good test of stability. I'll report back.

The rocking mentioned previously, and from what I experienced, was not a stability issue but was due to the adjustment mechanism. These things can't be 100% true to fit or they would have issues, so there may be 1/8" and inch of 'rock' in the backrest if you have alot of leg drive. As for the 12" padding, you have to remember that IM's main purpose for this bench is to accommodate their adjustable Db's. Although, I will say that I have had both 12" and 10 1/2" wide benches before and it's made no difference whatsoever. But every user is different, I'm an average sized adult so my shoulders are not as wide as a 6'2" linebacker pressing 400-500lbs. Thanks for the initial impressions Radrd, now I'm even more excited for mine to arrive!

Edit: But to address the weight capacity concerns, I have been at this 'equipment' thing for a LONG time now. I have NEVER heard take of an IM bench failing, and the ones I have used were rock solid. That's not a concern for me, IM is a reputable brand and I'm sure it can handle whatever even the most experienced lifter could throw at it....
    Last edited by urbanlifter; 08-31-2019 at 05:19 PM.

Adding another quick impression. I installed the sit-up/crunch/decline attachment and gave it a quick try. With the bench one or two notches away from tipping over, I felt completely safe doing a couple sit-ups. I'll never use it at that angle because getting into that position was a bitch, but the bench definitely felt stable. I do think it's worth reiterating that this is a solidly built residential-use bench, but it isn't commercial quality. If you want commercial build quality for FID, you're likely going to have to look on the used market or spend considerably more.