Registered User distantrelation's Avatar
    distantrelation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) distantrelation has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What somatotype are most rugby players?

I realize this is sort of a broad question, but I've been curious as to what somatotype most rugby players would be considered to be. Obviously, most aren't going to be ectomorphs (they're probably few and far between, at least), so are there more mesomorphs or endomorphs in rugby? I realize that mesomorphs would likely dominate in sports, but to me, some rugby players do look like endomorphs, or at least mesomorph-endomorph combinations.

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    They aren't any somatotype because somatotypes are bunk.
    MAN Sports Forum Rep
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion & in no way that of MAN Sports. MAN products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
    Disclaimer 2: I still think BCAAs are not necessary

DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by distantrelation View Post
    I realize this is sort of a broad question, but I've been curious as to what somatotype most rugby players would be considered to be. Obviously, most aren't going to be ectomorphs (they're probably few and far between, at least), so are there more mesomorphs or endomorphs in rugby? I realize that mesomorphs would likely dominate in sports, but to me, some rugby players do look like endomorphs, or at least mesomorph-endomorph combinations.
    Just watch out for xenomorphs.

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You'll find the odd ectomorph. Especially in the second row. I think of the great John Eales as an ectomorph. I'd say Wallabies lock, Rob Simmons is somewhat of an ectomorph, as well (well, on the ecto side of meso)

Like most power sports, the attributes needed lend themselves to the "mesomorph" most. However, you'll see plenty of endomorphs, too - especially in the front row.

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by krakkerz View Post
    You'll find the odd ectomorph. Especially in the second row. I think of the great John Eales as an ectomorph. I'd say Wallabies lock, Rob Simmons is somewhat of an ectomorph, as well (well, on the ecto side of meso)

Like most power sports, the attributes needed lend themselves to the "mesomorph" most. However, you'll see plenty of endomorphs, too - especially in the front row.
    No they are not because somatotypes are not a real thing. There are people that don't eat enough, people that eat right at their TDEE and those that eat too much. There are no magic, predetermined body types.
    MAN Sports Forum Rep
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion & in no way that of MAN Sports. MAN products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
    Disclaimer 2: I still think BCAAs are not necessary