gazmorton2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gazmorton2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gazmorton2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gazmorton2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gazmorton2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gazmorton2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gazmorton2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gazmorton2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gazmorton2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gazmorton2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gazmorton2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

One month off, time to go again.

Well, following on my my last thread, I started an 6-8 week cut before travelling to Vietnam for a smidge over three weeks. I am now back and after a couple days to get over that horrible jet lag feeling, am about to start it all again. I haven't had a month off for many years, not since starting Crossfit then around 12 month ago going back to just bodybuilding. Mentally I feel really good in a lot of ways. Rested, no injuries, not fed up of seeing the inside of the same building 5 days a week. I feel physically terrible. Ha. I knew I wouldn't train and eat most of what I wanted for the trip and whilst it was very enjoyable, towards the end we did a luxury 3 day cruise which was very calorific!

If you check my photo gallery before I went, I was down to around 10% according to the BF% thread on here (thanks @Tucane for the estimate) but that is definitely up now with my muscles feeling very flat and untrained.

I am gonna get back on around 1,800 cals per day to strip some fat again for the next 6-8 weeks, but I am hoping that some muscle memory comes into play and I start to look a little better with it soon.

Has anyone else done similar with time off and gained some fat? I shall continue to update with how I feel and how things are progressing if anyone is interested. I will take photos personally starting tomorrow then post them at the end (if it all goes well).

Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yeah, I used to let myself go for 3-4 months (~sep-dec) for many consecutive years... boredom always seemed to hit me so stopped lifting and ate "freely". Every January 1st I got back on the train with both diet and lifting... the first weeks were rough to say the least.

I did enjoy the quick build up from muscle memory, took a month or two to get back most of the mass. Losing the fat and getting back into shredded terrirory used to take me 4 months or so.

I'd guess you'll be back to your former self in a month or so, both in terms of muscle and leanness.
    ~ Feel free to PM me if you have any questions ~

" As mind ~ as matter "

gazmorton2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gazmorton2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gazmorton2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gazmorton2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gazmorton2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gazmorton2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gazmorton2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gazmorton2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gazmorton2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gazmorton2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gazmorton2000 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Tucane View Post
    Yeah, I used to let myself go for 3-4 months (~sep-dec) for many consecutive years... boredom always seemed to hit me so stopped lifting and ate "freely". Every January 1st I got back on the train with both diet and lifting... the first weeks were rough to say the least.

I did enjoy the quick build up from muscle memory, took a month or two to get back most of the mass. Losing the fat and getting back into shredded terrirory used to take me 4 months or so.

I'd guess you'll be back to your former self in a month or so, both in terms of muscle and leanness.
    Thanks man for taking the time. I hope you're right, although I am setting a nice little 8 week goal for a delicious meal out with the girlfriend and we are both going to try and eat sensibly for that time. Once I get back there, I might go on a lean bulk for a little while. It was lovely to relax for a month but I feel awful now. Ha.