Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Thumbs up We need a dog thread

Because dogs are the absolute best and deserve a thread of their own. Besides the Cats have one. Fair is fair right?

So post pics of your best friend, Stories, gifs, memes, anything dog related because we can always use more dogs in our lives…

Other pets are welcome, this is an all inclusive age we live in so even gay pets are welcome.

I’ll start.

This is a pic of my last dog, unfortunately he is no longer with us. What an amazing animal, I have had many dogs over the years, mostly Labs for hunting and some that I trained Labs for others, both field trials and hunting. However, this little guy, a mutt, was picked up for 25 bucks, part Jack Russell and Dachshund, and who knows what else, he came from a small community that dogs were never restrained and I am pretty sure that his ancestors got around (if you know what I mean)
    Coming in at a whopping 17 lbs he was no monster but extremely intelligent, loved training and he turned into a great service dog that would amaze people with all his tricks and talents.

He had a passion to help, if anything dropped on the floor, regardless of where he was in the house he would jump up and rush to the sound picking up whatever dropped and sit proudly with it and give it to you. He could hear a pin drop from a dead sleep.

Ask for him to get something and he would, shoes, remote, phone or whatever you needed that boy was there to get it. He knew the names of many common items and would search and retrieve them on demand. You could also throw as many items as you wanted in the yard that he didn’t know the name of and he would go to each waiting for you to say yup. If you said nope he would move on to the next until he got that “Yup” and then he would return it.
    He was also great in the bush, he loved to push rabbits or birds and helped put many meals on the table.

He had no quit in him, We would hide his leash, tell him to get it and he would go until he found it and brought it back, the same would go for his sweater in the winter he wouldn’t leave without it. On his walks if we were in urban areas if he took a dump after I bagged his sh!t he would carry it proudly until it was disposed of. He was 90 % an off leash dog being in the bush with me so much but loved his leash In town on walks, I would hook him up and he would carry the loose end in his mouth and walk himself staying by my side at all times. He was also a chick magnet, Pockets liked taking him for walks on the beach during bikini season.

His name was KJYN, pronounced like Cajun the spice. He was one of a kind. I am between dogs right now and will probably be getting another one some day but the time isn't right just yet. I am of the belief that we don't find our pets, they find us.

Next.....................
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    oops wrong doggy thread, my bad.
    There is an unspoken thing, we are iron brothers and sisters, we are to support each other and...It is our duty to support our brothers and sisters in the iron game!

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    My dog that looks like this one would retrieve birds for me.

One time I forgot my shotgun, but I met a group of 3 strangers that let me hunt ducks with them and let me borrow one of their guns. 2 of the guys walked away with their 2 guns to another area. My dog left me and followed the other 2 guys with 2 guns.

Current rankings:

EliKoehn: Sparrow
    Steffo: Opossum
    MTpockets: Opossum
    TolerantLactose: Opossum
    Faithbrah: Opossum
    SuicideGripMe: Opossum
    Air2Fakie: Opossum
    Camarija: Raccoon
    TearsOfIce: Fox
    Paulinkansas: Coyote
    Snails: Wolf

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    5-Stars. In on dog thread. I will put together mine and post later.

MT, what a sweet puppy and very sorry for the loss. Some of the worst times are grieving for lost dog friends.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    We're on the doggie attrition plan currently. We have my wife's Pommeranian left. I can't stand that little dog.
    Here are my last two Golden Retrievers. Mik and Mulligan. Mik I got from a rescue in my area, he was an AKC registered Golden, his papered name was McLovin. I got him at one year old and he lived up to his name. He was a good boy. I lost him at about 12 years of age in 2020. Mulligan I got as a puppy as you can see in the first picture. I lost him just last year to cancer at age 8. At this point I don't think my wife and I are ready for another dog, maybe in a few years.

Here's Mik and Mulligan. Mik finally accepted that Mully was there to stay.

Here they are a little older and BFFs

Here's one of the last pictures of them together, they just came in after a late Spring snow. Mulligan is closest to the camera. I believe I lost Mik that Summer.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181

Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

My boxer clubber whom I went through a lot with. I used to post him so much on wwe section he was practically a part of the misc sub forum family

We used to go to dog parks together and all I want yo say is he was a damn good wingman! Wherever I took him girls wanted to stop and pet him.
    And to the pet stores too.

He was very sweet to people but went after other dogs if he thought they were a threat to me. He attacked a pitbull at dog park for being too pushy with him too. The pitbull went after him harder and ya got the better of the exchange… owner and I worked it out we de escalated the situation together and while his pit would have won, clubber was brave and would’ve taken a bullet for me. In the end one day I woke up to him having a seizure. And within 24 hours i had to put him down.
    BLM (Brock Lesnar Matters)

Always go full potato crew

bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    My Jack Russell named JJ. He's a hoot and loves to play with the cat. He can get a bit rough with him sometimes, but the cat fights back and holds his own.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bustasinclair View Post
    My Jack Russell named JJ. He's a hoot and loves to play with the cat. He can get a bit rough with him sometimes, but the cat fights back and holds his own.
    Busta, JJ is gorgeous and that cat,,WOW, I don't know much about cats, but that one don't look cheap ha ha.. Awesome markings..
    They look like awesome playmates. JJ on the top of the cat tree is a great shot.

Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post

My boxer clubber whom I went through a lot with. I used to post him so much on wwe section he was practically a part of the misc sub forum family

We used to go to dog parks together and all I want yo say is he was a damn good wingman! Wherever I took him girls wanted to stop and pet him.
    And to the pet stores too.

He was very sweet to people but went after other dogs if he thought they were a threat to me. He attacked a pitbull at dog park for being too pushy with him too. The pitbull went after him harder and ya got the better of the exchange… owner and I worked it out we de escalated the situation together and while his pit would have won, clubber was brave and would’ve taken a bullet for me. In the end one day I woke up to him having a seizure. And within 24 hours i had to put him down.
    Sorry for the loss man... Clubber is an awesome name, first time I heard that one...and he does look like a great wingman. lol

Originally Posted by thedickus View Post
    We're on the doggie attrition plan currently. We have my wife's Pommeranian left. I can't stand that little dog.
    Here are my last two Golden Retrievers. Mik and Mulligan. Mik I got from a rescue in my area, he was an AKC registered Golden, his papered name was McLovin. I got him at one year old and he lived up to his name. He was a good boy. I lost him at about 12 years of age in 2020. Mulligan I got as a puppy as you can see in the first picture. I lost him just last year to cancer at age 8. At this point I don't think my wife and I are ready for another dog, maybe in a few years.

Here's Mik and Mulligan. Mik finally accepted that Mully was there to stay.

Here's one of the last pictures of them together, they just came in after a late Spring snow. Mulligan is closest to the camera. I believe I lost Mik that Summer.
    Sorry for the loss, I now the feels, it's tough. What a wonderful story. Mik and Mulligan were very happy together you can tell. I never owned one, but I always admired Goldens and never met one that wasn't friendly.

Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    5-Stars. In on dog thread. I will put together mine and post later.

MT, what a sweet puppy and very sorry for the loss. Some of the worst times are grieving for lost dog friends.
    I look forward to the entries Mark...

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    My dog that looks like this one would retrieve birds for me.

One time I forgot my shotgun, but I met a group of 3 strangers that let me hunt ducks with them and let me borrow one of their guns. 2 of the guys walked away with their 2 guns to another area. My dog left me and followed the other 2 guys with 2 guns.

LMAO Paul too funny….

Great story... When they have that hunting passion, it's what they want to do

One of my Labs would go ape sh!t hyper when he heard me go into the gun locker, whining, yelping, tail going 90 mph because he knew that he was going to be getting feathers in his mouth. I used to have to open the door and let him sit in the truck while I got ready, he was ok there. I couldn't take him all the time especially for moose, bear and deer hunting obviously. So I had to keep my rifles, in the truck during rifle season so I didn’t have to get him excited or break his heart.

My buddy and I were hunting over another young Lab that I had one time, I winged a Canada goose and it went down in a bunch of cattails in a dry swamp. The dog went in then came back out and stared at us, I sent him in again, he came out again, so I moved around to get a look, told him to get his ass in there again. After a minute or two he came out running, full tilt about 50 feet behind him was the goose in hot pursuit chasing his ass. My buddy shot the goose on the run..

My buddy razzed my ass about that for years, telling me that my dog had more yellow lab in him than black, how he saved my dog's life and the stories went on for years ha ha. .
    It was pretty funny.

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    My buddy and I were hunting over another young Lab that I had one time, I winged a Canada goose and it went down in a bunch of cattails in a dry swamp. The dog went in then came back out and stared at us, I sent him in again, he came out again, so I moved around to get a look, told him to get his ass in there again. After a minute or two he came out running, full tilt about 50 feet behind him was the goose in hot pursuit chasing his ass. My buddy shot the goose on the run..
    I was wading through flooded smartweed/millet about knee deep with all my gear on my back on opening day. The smartweed/millet was chest high. My Lab was following me. He suddenly took off running and I lost sight of him about 10 yards away. But I could see this trail of the vegatation moving where he was going. He went out about 75 yards and then the trail of moving vegatation started coming back to me. He had a warm mallard that someone else lost.
    Current rankings:

bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Busta, JJ is gorgeous and that cat,,WOW, I don't know much about cats, but that one don't look cheap ha ha.. Awesome markings..
    They look like awesome playmates. JJ on the top of the cat tree is a great shot.
    Thanks, he is a handful. Still have him on the training collar as you can see.

Yeah, that's Theodore (Teddie), my wife's cat. He's about 9 months old I think. She paid 20 benjamins for him and then had his a$$ flown from Michigan to Houston on top of that....spoiled little brat. He's some kind of Savannah mix; not sure how much Savannah he has in him. I'm just glad he's a cool cat and not one of those cats that hides all the time and is scared of their shadow. He holds his own against our two Jack Russell's.

Originally Posted by bustasinclair View Post
    Thanks, he is a handful. Still have him on the training collar as you can see.

Yeah, that's Theodore (Teddie), my wife's cat. He's about 9 months old I think. She paid 20 benjamins for him and then had his a$$ flown from Michigan to Houston on top of that....spoiled little brat. He's some kind of Savannah mix; not sure how much Savannah he has in him. I'm just glad he's a cool cat and not one of those cats that hides all the time and is scared of their shadow. He holds his own against our two Jack Russell's.
    Yeah, Jacks can be a handful and a bundle of energy but well worth it. Amazing dogs, my friend has always had Jack Russells and they always impressed me, he usually always had 2 at a time. The cat is absolutely adorable, awesome markings and glad he's a cool cat. You guyd have some great pets..

I was wading through flooded smartweed/millet about knee deep with all my gear on my back on opening day. The smartweed/millet was chest high. My Lab was following me. He suddenly took off running and I lost sight of him about 10 yards away. But I could see this trail of the vegatation moving where he was going. He went out about 75 yards and then the trail of moving vegatation started coming back to me. He had a warm mallard that someone else lost.
    LMAO Paul win win, you got a free lunch and a bird didn't go to waste. I used to hunt pheasant over a few of my labs, one of them would put the sneak on a bird pretty good and when the bird erupted he would try and grab it and many times he would get a mouth full of feathers. I was sitting in the living room one time and he was out in the yard unrestrained, he knew the property lines but I seen him sneaking, I'm like sh!t and and jumped up in time to see him grab a pigeon that had gotten airborne. by the time i got outside he had a yap full of flapping pigeon and was all proud bringing it to me. The pigeon wasn't hurt, I released it and it flew away.

About an hour later my dog was back outside and the cops showed up. Some granny from across the street saw everything and called the cops. The cop was pretty cool about it and just laughed when I told him the story. We had a great chat about hunting, dogs a few laughs and he played Frisbee with my dog for a bit. He didn't give me a warning or a hard time over it just said there are too many pigeons around anyway

there are too many pigeons around anyway
    I had a 2 story commercial building that was vacant and had a pigeon problem. I bought a .177 high velocity pellet gun. Went there with my dog and kept on shooting pigeons but they kept flying off. I'd see the feathers move from the impact and then I'd see some paint chip behind it. These were pointed pellets. I came back the next day with flat head pellets and they would smack those birds like Thor's hammer. I filled up 2 five gallon buckets with pigeons. I set out the pigeons in a 6x6 matrix next to the woods. Some were grey, some were blue. The next morning all the grey pigeons were gone and all the blue ones were left.
    Current rankings:

I had a 2 story commercial building that was vacant and had a pigeon problem. I bought a .177 high velocity pellet gun. Went there with my dog and kept on shooting pigeons but they kept flying off. I'd see the feathers move from the impact and then I'd see some paint chip behind it. These were pointed pellets. I came back the next day with flat head pellets and they would smack those birds like Thor's hammer. I filled up 2 five gallon buckets with pigeons. I set out the pigeons in a 6x6 matrix next to the woods. Some were grey, some were blue. The next morning all the grey pigeons were gone and all the blue ones were left.

How crazy is that? It must have been a scent thing.

I trapped for many years and would always throw the carcasses into a bait pile near my sets.. I have thrown every kind of carcass in there from the smallest ermine to wolves and everything in between.. First the crows, ravens, jays and eagles get on it and their cries will bring in the other animals big and small..

All the carcasses I ever put on the pile got eaten except otter carcasses, the birds didn't even bother with them and the otter carcass pretty much just mummified. I don't even think the maggots would eat it.. What's odd is with their jackets on, I have had, wolves, fox and lynx steal or eat them from my sets...

Bobi, the world's oldest dog ever, dies at 31

Bobi, the world's oldest dog ever, passed away last week at an animal hospital in Portugal, Guinness World Records announced Monday.

"Bobi lived to be 31 years 165 days old and spent his entire life with his loving owner Leonel Costa and his family in the Portuguese village of Conqueiros," the record keeping company said in a press release.

Bobi was recognized as the oldest dog ever in February this year, just two weeks after a 23-year-old Chihuahua named Spike tried to claim the title. His death leaves Ohio-born Spike as the oldest living dog.

In dog years, Bobi was roughly 86 years old. He was a purebred Rafeiro do Alentejo, a Portuguese breed of farm and guardian dog with a life expectancy of 12 to 14 years.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/animal-...-31-rcna121780

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Never owned dogs. My Daughter begged and begged for a puppy, as the a-hole Dad I am I said "you can adopt an old dog that someone left to die at the SPCA." Probably not in those words, but that was kind of my intent.

As it turned out, we were able to foster a couple elderly little dogs for 9 months when an emergency placement became available nearby. Shockingly, my daughter who couldn't live without a puppy, only walked them once and had no interest in picking up poop.

Me and my wife loved them though, such characters at that age.

Had a guy putting in a new kitchen floor so we fenced the dogs away from him in the dining room. He said they both barked at him for an hour straight then got tired. The dogs were sisters, he said they got together for a minute and then one went to sleep and the other one barked for an hour. When the barker got tired she woke up her sister to bark for an hour while she slept. He said they switched on and off for the full 9 hours and he didn't have a full minute without being barked at.

I'm a cat guy but I might have shed a manly tear the day they left.
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

This one will hit you in the feels

Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    One time while hunting quail on public land, I get near another group of hunters also with dogs that I hear in this small wooded area (probably 2-3 acres) in the field where I am. My dog goes in the woods and I hear HIS beeper go off (this was the ~2000 so we used beepers and not GPS). Then I hear a gunshot then I hear "fetch it up." My dog catches up with me in a few minutes and I see a quail feather sticking halfway out of his mouth. My dog might have been backing/honoring their dogs but he might have pointed those birds, but I know that he retrieved at least one bird for him.

This is the same dog that if I got within a quarter mile of the truck he'd go stand by it. On more than one occasion I'd see him by the truck and would have to shoot a couple times to fool him into thinking that we'd found birds to get him to leave the truck
    Pull-Up PR: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177233951

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What a sweetie.

I have friend in Florida and she sent me a pic of her new puppy Otis, guarding the Black-Bellied Whistling Duck friends in the back yard

Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

A Colorado hiker who disappeared in August was found months later, with his Jack Russell terrier waiting at his side.

A local hunter found the body of Rich Moore, 71, late last month near Blackhead Peak in southwestern Colorado, the Archuleta County Sheriff’s Office said. Finney, his dog, was alive and has been reunited with Moore's family.

Moore’s cause of death has not yet been determined, but foul play is not suspected, Sheriff Mike Le Roux said.

Moore, who was reported missing Aug. 19, planned to summit Blackhead Peak, a 12,500-foot mountain east of his hometown in Pagosa Springs, according to Taos, New Mexico, Search and Rescue.

Aerial, ground and K9 teams conducted a 2,000-hour search of the Blackhead Peak area, the Archuleta County Sheriff’s Office said.

Last year, search-and-rescue teams in Arizona recovered the body of a 74-year-old hiker whose dog, Ranger, stayed with him despite being severely dehydrated and exhausted.

After another hiker died in Los Angeles last year, his dog waited by his side for two weeks.

Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Payton1221 View Post
    One time while hunting quail on public land, I get near another group of hunters also with dogs that I hear in this small wooded area (probably 2-3 acres) in the field where I am. My dog goes in the woods and I hear HIS beeper go off (this was the ~2000 so we used beepers and not GPS). Then I hear a gunshot then I hear "fetch it up." My dog catches up with me in a few minutes and I see a quail feather sticking halfway out of his mouth. My dog might have been backing/honoring their dogs but he might have pointed those birds, but I know that he retrieved at least one bird for him.

This is the same dog that if I got within a quarter mile of the truck he'd go stand by it. On more than one occasion I'd see him by the truck and would have to shoot a couple times to fool him into thinking that we'd found birds to get him to leave the truck
    A couple people told me that they liked this story, so here's an opposite story from a friend of mine. He had a dog that if he was back at the truck first and tried to recall his dog, the dog would suddenly "act birdy" (the dog's body language became demonstrably excited supposedly by the scent of a nearby game bird like quail or pheasant) so that it could stay out and hunt longer
    Pull-Up PR: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177233951

Originally Posted by Payton1221 View Post
    A couple people told me that they liked this story, so here's an opposite story from a friend of mine. He had a dog that if he was back at the truck first and tried to recall his dog, the dog would suddenly "act birdy" (the dog's body language became demonstrably excited supposedly by the scent of a nearby game bird like quail or pheasant) so that it could stay out and hunt longer
    LOL. Pretty cute and clever of that doggie. They truly amaze us.

Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Next month will 1 year without my best boxer . I likely won’t own them again. If if weren’t for the end of the world coming and I thought we have time left then I’d go ahead and commit to a dog that could potentially live around 10 years or more .

Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Next month will 1 year without my best boxer . I likely won’t own them again. If if weren’t for the end of the world coming and I thought we have time left then I’d go ahead and commit to a dog that could potentially live around 10 years or more .
    Sorry to hear that man... Had dogs all my life so I know exactly what you are going through.

Merry Christmas DS
    Last edited by mtpockets; 12-25-2023 at 02:19 PM.

2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 2nd_chance has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Charlie and Finn. 340 pounds of dog.

David

Originally Posted by 2nd_chance View Post

Thanks for sharing. I bet they go through a considerable amount of food in their diet!

Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Paul Kreul has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Good thread Pockets

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mtpockets again."

The little guy always steals the bed of his bigger brother

Originally Posted by 2nd_chance View Post

Very nice, that's a lot of dog weight. They look very happy.. Beautiful animals. Nice shot.

Originally Posted by Paul Kreul View Post
    Good thread Pockets

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mtpockets again."

The little guy always steals the bed of his bigger brother

LMAO Paul, that's too funny. I bet the bigger dog had to do a few circles to fit on that little bed lol.. A couple of cuties right there..

Sorry to hear that man... Had dogs all my life so I know exactly what you are going through.

Merry Christmas DS
    Thank you. I was sad. But we had a good run together me and the boxers I had. All of whom I had since they were puppies until they grew old and had a great life.

This was my family's doggie for 14 years. She was abandoned and she somehow made it to our road into the lake. She was skin and bones and dehydrated and hungry.

She was very sweet, but obvious she was abused before we found her. She passed in 2017.