Amoalosgatos is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Help figuring out nutrition

Hello, I have been working out and eating healthier for about 2 years now. Currently I’m 19, 116lbs and 5’5 and I would like to lose the last bit of fat I have and build muscle. But I’m not entirely sure how to approach this, should I be in a caloric deficit or surplus? Also I would like to note that I have been in a deficit for the past two years and feel maybe my deficit is too severe? When I do workout most the time I feel very exhausted and they’re never good workouts. Also I feel tired a lot of the time even with 8hrs+ of sleep. Currently I’m doing body weight workouts as I would like to build up a bit and add weight lifting to it. Should I lose the last bit of weight and then build muscle? Vice versa? Or something else. I would appreciate any and all tips/ advice! Thanks!

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Amoalosgatos View Post
    Hello, I have been working out and eating healthier for about 2 years now. Currently I’m 19, 116lbs and 5’5 and I would like to lose the last bit of fat I have and build muscle. But I’m not entirely sure how to approach this, should I be in a caloric deficit or surplus? Also I would like to note that I have been in a deficit for the past two years and feel maybe my deficit is too severe? When I do workout most the time I feel very exhausted and they’re never good workouts. Also I feel tired a lot of the time even with 8hrs+ of sleep. Currently I’m doing body weight workouts as I would like to build up a bit and add weight lifting to it. Should I lose the last bit of weight and then build muscle? Vice versa? Or something else. I would appreciate any and all tips/ advice! Thanks!
    You’re 116lb and you want to LOSE weight?

Hell naw
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Amoalosgatos View Post
    Are you a male? If so, 52 kg is not much at all for your height.
    What is your bodyfat percentage (how much fat do you have)?
    Maybe you feel exhausted, because you don't take in enough nutrients? Eat more dense & rich nutrient foods.
    It's very complicated to loose that last bit of fat. If not impossible.

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post

Hell naw
    OP could be a woman
    Or a guy who wants to fight at Atomweight

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    OP is female according to her profile.

I don't know if 115lbs is too light or not but if you are new to lifting, you should be able to build some new muscle while maintaining your weight. If it creeps up a few lbs, don't panic, this is normal. It's mostly glycogen storage and inflammation that causes this. Calories will be at maintenance level with enough daily protein (for you, 90g should be fine).

Get on a well known routine like All Pros routine (in the sticky threads at the top of the page). Or maybe look at Bret Contreras Strong Curves routine.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jaxqen View Post
    Maybe you feel exhausted, because you don't take in enough nutrients? Eat more dense & rich nutrient foods.

OP could be a woman
    Woman or not, that BMI is almost underweight
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    OP is female according to her profile.

I don't know if 115lbs is too light or not but if you are new to lifting, you should be able to build some new muscle while maintaining your weight. If it creeps up a few lbs, don't panic, this is normal. It's mostly glycogen storage and inflammation that causes this. Calories will be at maintenance level with enough daily protein (for you, 90g should be fine).

Get on a well known routine like All Pros routine (in the sticky threads at the top of the page). Or maybe look at Bret Contreras Strong Curves routine.
    Thanks For this I will definitely try this!

Originally Posted by jaxqen View Post

OP could be a woman
    I am female sorry for not clarifying, I don't think my body fat percentage isn't very high around 20-21% But I feel like I don't look it and that is why I wanted to lose the last bit of fat. But I will try to eat more nutritious food and see if that helps. Thanks!

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post

Hell naw
    I don't necessarily want to lose more weight, but I do want to get the last bit of fat off that I do have I'm around 20-21% body fat currently. I was just thinking the way to do that is to lose more.