iKingy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Skinny guy looking for a routine

Hey, looking for a bit of help. Complete beginner in all of this. I've got some York dumbbells at home and I'm looking at starting to use them.

I'm 21, 9 stone so pretty skinny. I'm looking for a routine I can do to start off at home, then eventually one day sign up to a gym.

Does anybody have any routines or starting methods to improve my muscles using free weights at home. What weight do I start on? How many reps?

Thanks.

rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what weight range do your dumbbells go up to

Originally Posted by iKingy View Post
    Hey, looking for a bit of help. Complete beginner in all of this. I've got some York dumbbells at home and I'm looking at starting to use them.

I'm 21, 9 stone so pretty skinny. I'm looking for a routine I can do to start off at home, then eventually one day sign up to a gym.

Does anybody have any routines or starting methods to improve my muscles using free weights at home. What weight do I start on? How many reps?

Thanks.
    INSTA SEANCURREYFITNESS

rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    There's only so much you can do with dumbells alone, depending on how heavy those go that is.

Fierce 5 has a dumbell version of it's novice routine which is a good temporary solution, I'd still urge you to get to a proper gym if you're serious about this though.
    Some regular lifting posts (IG) - @rsid_97

My Growth Stimulus Training journal - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175699161

bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bea5twood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Wink

Google search: bodyweight excercises...

iKingy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by rawcuz View Post
    what weight range do your dumbbells go up to
    Originally Posted by rsid97 View Post
    There's only so much you can do with dumbells alone, depending on how heavy those go that is.

Fierce 5 has a dumbell version of it's novice routine which is a good temporary solution, I'd still urge you to get to a proper gym if you're serious about this though.
    2 x 20kg dumbbells

I'll take a look at the Fierce 5, how would you determine what weight to start with? I'm looking at getting to the gym in the future once I have some muscles aha. I'll also have access to a gym very easily in a couple of months too, which is why i'm starting with dumbbells no.w

Any advice would be great!

Cheers.

MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50) MarsScorpio will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thanks.
    I do a lot of dumbbell work in my routine, but I have a full rack of dumbbells at my health club to choose from. Honestly only having two 20kg dumbbells really limits your options. Can't really recommend a rep range since I don't know how strong you are with those dumbbells. A health club really would be a better option.

I guess you could do with those dumbbells:

deadlifts x5 sets
    rows x 5 sets
    bench presses(if you have a bench) x5 sets
    squats x 5 sets

pushups x5 sets
    situps & leg raises x 5 sets
    5 sets of pull-ups (if have access to pullup bar somewhere)

rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    2 x 20kg dumbbells

I'll take a look at the Fierce 5, how would you determine what weight to start with? I'm looking at getting to the gym in the future once I have some muscles aha. I'll also have access to a gym very easily in a couple of months too, which is why i'm starting with dumbbells no.w

Any advice would be great!

Cheers.
    Answers to all your questions are on the Fierce 5 thread.

But, you really have a self limiting prophecy going on there - waiting till you build enough muscle before going to a gym, while needing to go to the gym to actually build muscle since you're limited to 20kg dumbells.
    Some regular lifting posts (IG) - @rsid_97

My Growth Stimulus Training journal - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175699161

rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would make 2 or 3 full body workouts.

1 exercise for each muscle group. Compound lifts where possible.

For each exercise set the timer of 4 minutes and do as much reps as you can in that time frame. Try not to rest too long.

I would join a gym a month at longest from the time u start working out with dumbells at home.
    INSTA SEANCURREYFITNESS