Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kreytus will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Keto + IF = Can't sleep?

So I do 18:6 IF currently eating 2k cals, starting at 1 pm with about 700 cals and the other 1300 before 7 pm. IF has not previously impacted my sleep in a significant way.

I started Keto 2 weeks ago with the main goal of reducing sugar cravings and overall hunger and so far it has achieved that. However, I find myself waking up every couple of hours and generally waking up for good around 4:30 am which coupled with the low carbs has me dragging myself through the day. I'm not doing super strict keto every single day (ie if i go out with friends) as I haven't done well with overly restrictive eating patterns in the past but average 5-6 days a week below 30g net carbs.

As I'm not doing super strict keto every single day, is my body ever going to adapt to this new way of eating or do i need to find other methods to reduce sugar cravings/hunger if I want to sleep?

Cheers

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Keto messes with my sleep too. Which is one of the reasons I didn't stay with it.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sounds like KETO might not agree with your body.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sounds like you are doing some kind of cyclical keto or something in that vein... if you get issues, then it's likely not worth it.

I tried something similiar years ago, had sudden awakenings shortly after falling asleep (guessing it might have been due to my glycogen reserve emptying past a certain level) it lasted for a night or two at a time... it was enough for me to re-evaluate my diet regime.

Tried higher protein keto aswell, but it led to me not getting to the gym due to performance issues. Simply not worth it when lifting suffers.
    ~ Feel free to PM me if you have any questions ~

" As mind ~ as matter "

kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sleep issues are common on Keto, standard remedy is to have some carbs before bed. It can be a small serving of oatmeal or something. Many people find that even tiny amounts of carbs take care of that issue. It’s not enough to knock you out of Ketosis, AND you shouldn’t worry about that anyway, ketosis is an effect, not a goal.

Before doing any low carb diets it’s a good idea to get really well educated so you avoid some of these issues. Search some YouTubes. There are things that help you fall asleep, prevent cravings, and so on. As an example, in Lyle’s UD2.0 book he recommends 4-5 grams l-Glutamine before bed to help fall asleep on low carb days.
    Electrolyte mix is a good idea on Keto, as is MCT oil for some energy. Lots of water.

As far as IF goes, common remedy is to move your eating window closer to bed time, so like you eat 4 pm until 12, and go to bed. Easier to sleep when full.

Your calories are also really low, but I guess it depends on your size.

Lastly many people do well on ckd where you will eat high carb/low fat once a week, and others prefer tkd where you eat some carbs before during and/or after workout to give you energy etc.