Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question Scale Weight not gone down

Height: 5"11
    Weight 80.9kg (178lbs)
    Bodyfat: 18-23%

Been cutting for a while now on and off, on 1500-1800 calories and have been losing weight on the scale & I can feel it.

I weighted myself today and im 80.9kg which was same as last week but I feel like I have lost some fat as my stomach feels more flat and my fat is more soft. My strength has gone down abit so Im sure Im not gaining muscle during the cut & im 100% sure I was eating at a defecit last week as the foods & water I ate were exactly the same as when I was losing weight on the scale. Just wanted to know why my weight on the scale remained the same as last week?

Also at what weight do I stop cutting?

Thanks.

Legumer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    When you lose weight, your basal metabolic rate slows down, especially if you lost a good chunk of muscle (losing fat also has a impact, although smaller) Eventually you can't lose weight unless you reduce calories more. Also, you stop cutting whenever you feel happy with the way you look - although some evidence shows 10-15% bf does result in higher levels of natural hormones.

Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Legumer View Post
    When you lose weight, your basal metabolic rate slows down, especially if you lost a good chunk of muscle (losing fat also has a impact, although smaller) Eventually you can't lose weight unless you reduce calories more. Also, you stop cutting whenever you feel happy with the way you look - although some evidence shows 10-15% bf does result in higher levels of natural hormones.
    So do I need to lower my calories? Im having 1500 at the moment, some days abit higher. Wouldnt it be too low if I lower calories?

Originally Posted by Cautious1 View Post
    So do I need to lower my calories? Im having 1500 at the moment, some days abit higher. Wouldnt it be too low if I lower calories?
    I don't think it's possible to not lose weight at 1500 calories a day based on your weight, are you sure this is a correct estimate of your caloric intake? If it is you might want to go to a doctor lol. I would also recommend hopping on a strength/compound full body lifting program to preserve more muscle mass (probably possible to even make some gains depending on how much experience you have).

hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    How much weight have you lost in the last month?

You say on and off so how long have you been in a deficit consistently (no cheat meals, no skipped days, no miscount days etc)

I don't think it's possible to not lose weight at 1500 calories a day based on your weight, are you sure this is a correct estimate of your caloric intake? If it is you might want to go to a doctor lol. I would also recommend hopping on a strength/compound full body lifting program to preserve more muscle mass (probably possible to even make some gains depending on how much experience you have).
    Yeh 100% sure its around 1500 as ive been losing weight on the current diet for ages now. And im already on a strength program from the stickies but couldnt never seem to add weight each week (0.5kg) as it would be too heavy. Ive lifted before but not with a program so I picked one from the sticky and started to do that.

This is my diet:
    Breakfast - 1 Scoop Protein Shake
    Lunch - 2 Can Tuna, 1 tbl spoon Mayo
    Pre-workout - 1/2 white rice, 3 eggs, 1tbl spoon olive oil
    post-workout - 1/2 rice, 7oz chicken breast, 1tbl spoon olive oil, 1 scoop protein shake

comes to like 1558 Calories with 160P/ 50C/ 75F
    Last edited by Cautious1; 08-16-2019 at 09:03 AM.

Originally Posted by hardyboysare View Post
    How much weight have you lost in the last month?

You say on and off so how long have you been in a deficit consistently (no cheat meals, no skipped days, no miscount days etc)
    Its difficult to say, Ive tracked my weight:

June 3 - 83.1KG
    (Went on Holiday)
    June 10 - 82.4KG
    (Kinda lost motivation so was in a deficit but some days, mainly weekends I was at maintenance or surplus)
    July 28 - 81.2KG
    (Started to stick to defecit everyday)
    August 12- 80.9KG
    August 16 - 80.9KG

I do feel like my fat is getting softer & my belly is getting flatter each week
    Last edited by Cautious1; 08-16-2019 at 08:53 AM.

You could just be getting a normal weight fluctuation that's making you think that you're diet isn't working anymore.

If you weigh yourself after fasting for a day for example, you'll be down 5 or so pounds but its 80-90% water weight associated with the glycogen stores that are no longer there.

You could just be getting a normal weight fluctuation that's making you think that you're diet isn't working anymore.

If you weigh yourself after fasting for a day for example, you'll be down 5 or so pounds but its 80-90% water weight associated with the glycogen stores that are no longer there.
    Yeh probably, Ill give it another week and see If I lose weight, Cheers!

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    After 2-3 weeks of no loss then you aren't in a deficit and you need to lower weekly calories. It doesn't matter how many calories you think you're taking in, If you aren't losing at CONSISTENT 1500 a day then you're miscounting. You DID say up to 1800 so that can be a big difference from 1500. Couple 1800 with being of by 20-25% on an average and your calories aren't as low as you think
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Been cutting for a while now on and off
    Try being consistent?
    Old, but not obsolete.

mckajdos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mckajdos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mckajdos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mckajdos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mckajdos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mckajdos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mckajdos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mckajdos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mckajdos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mckajdos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mckajdos will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Aside from what others have mentioned, it may be worth it to you to start tracking your waist measurements (at the navel). It's helpful to know this in conjunction with what's happening on the scale.

Yeh I understand that. I’ll start tracking to exact amount of calories everyday. Thanks.

Well when I did start being consistent, I stayed the same weight.

Yeh i think i’ll need to start doing that for sure. Thanks.

leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100)
    Weight 80.9kg (178lbs)

Been cutting for a while now on and off, on 1500-1800 calories and have been losing weight on the scale & I can feel it.

I weighted myself today and im 80.9kg which was same as last week but I feel like I have lost some fat as my stomach feels more flat and my fat is more soft. My strength has gone down abit so Im sure Im not gaining muscle during the cut & im 100% sure I was eating at a defecit last week as the foods & water I ate were exactly the same as when I was losing weight on the scale. Just wanted to know why my weight on the scale remained the same as last week?

Thanks.
    Similar to my height, BF and stats. I'm 80KG coming down from 92KG. Advice I was given on here was to keep going to 75KG and evaluate from there. Most advice on here seems to say to go down to round about 75KG, possibly more if your muscle mass can support it and then think about bulking.

As for your scales, don't sweat it. I've had 2KG, 1KG, 0.5KG, back to 1KG, then sometimes 0KG. Feel like throwing my scales off the wall and having a calorie refeed crying into a takeaway but don't lose hope. The scale doesn't tell the true picture. Measure it over a trend and go by how you feel and how your clothes look. I keep a pair of old work trousers from when I was 92KG and a pair of work trousers that I used to fit into and try them both on. Going by the scale can drive you insane.

dmatsinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmatsinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmatsinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmatsinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmatsinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmatsinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmatsinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmatsinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmatsinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmatsinger will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmatsinger will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeh 100% sure its around 1500 as ive been losing weight on the current diet for ages now. And im already on a strength program from the stickies but couldnt never seem to add weight each week (0.5kg) as it would be too heavy. Ive lifted before but not with a program so I picked one from the sticky and started to do that.

This is my diet:
    Breakfast - 1 Scoop Protein Shake
    Lunch - 2 Can Tuna, 1 tbl spoon Mayo
    Pre-workout - 1/2 white rice, 3 eggs, 1tbl spoon olive oil
    post-workout - 1/2 rice, 7oz chicken breast, 1tbl spoon olive oil, 1 scoop protein shake

comes to like 1558 Calories with 160P/ 50C/ 75F
    Definitely isn't 1500 calories if you aren't losing weight on that. Your BMR itself would be over 1500 let alone your TDEE. Besides water/waste retention, if that is all equal and you aren't losing weight its eat less or move more and in your case really evaluate what you are eating cause at 1500 you'd be dropping weight still. To put this in perspective, at your height and age, if you weighed 120 lbs you'd still be under your BMR at 1500 calories a day.

Ukiyo3k is not very well liked. (-100) Ukiyo3k is not very well liked. (-100) Ukiyo3k is not very well liked. (-100) Ukiyo3k is not very well liked. (-100) Ukiyo3k is not very well liked. (-100) Ukiyo3k is not very well liked. (-100) Ukiyo3k is not very well liked. (-100) Ukiyo3k is not very well liked. (-100) Ukiyo3k is not very well liked. (-100) Ukiyo3k is not very well liked. (-100) Ukiyo3k is not very well liked. (-100)
    You're making such massive muscle gains that it's offsetting the scale weight.

FredWreck619 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FredWreck619 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FredWreck619 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FredWreck619 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FredWreck619 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FredWreck619 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FredWreck619 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FredWreck619 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FredWreck619 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FredWreck619 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FredWreck619 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Weight 80.9kg (178lbs)

Thanks.

Up your cardio bro.
    Cardio is absolutely more efficient when it comes to fat/weight loss.

Originally Posted by leroyS View Post
    Similar to my height, BF and stats. I'm 80KG coming down from 92KG. Advice I was given on here was to keep going to 75KG and evaluate from there. Most advice on here seems to say to go down to round about 75KG, possibly more if your muscle mass can support it and then think about bulking.

As for your scales, don't sweat it. I've had 2KG, 1KG, 0.5KG, back to 1KG, then sometimes 0KG. Feel like throwing my scales off the wall and having a calorie refeed crying into a takeaway but don't lose hope. The scale doesn't tell the true picture. Measure it over a trend and go by how you feel and how your clothes look. I keep a pair of old work trousers from when I was 92KG and a pair of work trousers that I used to fit into and try them both on. Going by the scale can drive you insane.
    Yeh thanks for the info, i do feel a difference even when the scale doesnt move so Ill use how I feel to measure it instead. Thanks

Originally Posted by dmatsinger View Post
    Definitely isn't 1500 calories if you aren't losing weight on that. Your BMR itself would be over 1500 let alone your TDEE. Besides water/waste retention, if that is all equal and you aren't losing weight its eat less or move more and in your case really evaluate what you are eating cause at 1500 you'd be dropping weight still. To put this in perspective, at your height and age, if you weighed 120 lbs you'd still be under your BMR at 1500 calories a day.
    Yeh i agree, i know it isnt exactly 1500 but I know for a fact im still in a deficit because I eat so little. But yeh Ill take the advice and should be losing weight again. Thanks

Originally Posted by FredWreck619 View Post
    Up your cardio bro.
    Cardio is absolutely more efficient when it comes to fat/weight loss.
    Hate cardio, i lowered my calories just to avoid cardio lol. But ill start doing HIIT for 20mins and I should start seeing weight loss again

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Hate cardio, i lowered my calories just to avoid cardio lol. But ill start doing HIIT for 20mins and I should start seeing weight loss again
    He doesn't know what he's talking about. Lowering calories will work equally well.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    He doesn't know what he's talking about. Lowering calories will work equally well.
    Yeh, lowering calories works equally well but cant decide whether I want to feel like im starving all the time or go through death on the treadmill :/

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Yeh, lowering calories works equally well but cant decide whether I want to feel like im starving all the time or go through death on the treadmill :/
    You probably still feel hungry given the same net calories deficit. Some people find that exercise has an appetite suppressive effect but others find it just makes them ravenous. You'll have to experiment.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    You probably still feel hungry given the same net calories deficit. Some people find that exercise has an appetite suppressive effect but others find it just makes them ravenous. You'll have to experiment.
    Ive done it before, I do think Cardio does help mentally as when I finish the cardio of death, I feel like I cant of have just gone through that for no reason and that helps me not eat ****. But yeh thats how I feel.

evelle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Cardio is definitely not more efficient than strength training