Registered User manishyadav1979's Avatar
    manishyadav1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) manishyadav1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) manishyadav1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) manishyadav1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) manishyadav1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) manishyadav1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) manishyadav1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) manishyadav1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) manishyadav1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) manishyadav1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) manishyadav1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Natural Body Fat Percentage ?

Hi ! I believe in this forum many Professionals are there who can comment on my query.
    I want to know how much lower body fat percentage is possible for a guy who has average genetics without taking banned substances.

hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I am certainly no professional but the answer is you can naturally go as low until you die body fat percentage wise, people die of starvation all the time drugs aren't required for that......

If you are asking what is a natural standpoint zone which people generally get when not monitoring calories and making a effort to lose fat generally men are around 13-23% seems to be a normal range it depends on food choices and view of healthy living and where in the world you live (western societies generally are bigger then 3rd world countries).

If you are asking how does a normal genetic individual maintain a low level body fat such as male 6-10% then that answer is dedication and commitment to diet and exercise, its is possible but you don't generally get to enjoy life too much as in free eating you will need to monitor and be careful not over do it especially at the lower range of 6-8% that simple is mostly likely murder to maintain and really is not advised due to the health risks.

Other then that you will have to be more precise on your question.....

Body fat is done by eating less calories then your body needs that is it, anyone can do that. Most people however don't have the lean body mass to actually look good therefore is really pointless unless you like looking a skinny rake. Having a really low body fat is not really that important from a health, sporting and even body composition standpoint as when you have enough mass to look good a really low bf% you generally look pretty good at the 9-13% bracket as well.

Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by manishyadav1979 View Post
    Hi ! I believe in this forum many Professionals are there who can comment on my query.
    I want to know how much lower body fat percentage is possible for a guy who has average genetics without taking banned substances.
    Asking for a friend, huh?

I'd say you could maintain 10-12%BF, if you live an active lifestyle, lift 3-4x week with more than decent intensity and make good life choices more often than not, while remaining calorically consistent on a weekly basis.

Lower than that will likely require more from you.

Below 8%BF is unsustainable for longer periods of time, unless you enjoy hating life in general.. The lower you push, the closer to death you'll feel. Based on my experience atleast^^
    ~ Feel free to PM me if you have any questions ~

" As mind ~ as matter "

clwhoops44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clwhoops44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clwhoops44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clwhoops44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clwhoops44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clwhoops44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clwhoops44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clwhoops44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clwhoops44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clwhoops44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clwhoops44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I was kind of curious about this the other day myself... how low can one push themselves without ending up in the hospital? I mean bodybuilders get down to sub 5% for shows right? Can they go to 3 or 2% body fat without serious medical consequences?

hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by clwhoops44 View Post
    I was kind of curious about this the other day myself... how low can one push themselves without ending up in the hospital? I mean bodybuilders get down to sub 5% for shows right? Can they go to 3 or 2% body fat without serious medical consequences?
    No most likely not I would say the effect you have will cause some problems even short term. Of course I know no-one of that leanness bodybuilder wise but have meet a few people with chronic eating disorder and seriously anorexic to the point of admission in hospital for there own health. It is slightly different as they were just bones and nothing else but the health both physical and mental are likely similar as your body needs fat for at least hormonal balance.

The lowest I have read was this guy:-

https://www.cairnspost.com.au/news/d...4b0d9138a332dc

https://broscience.com/andreas-munze...-of-all-times/

Although it states 0% on the article if you read through a medical professional state he wasn't zero as that isn't possible but he got so low his internal organ fat was being used and basically dissolved half his liver (combined with drug use).

I would say anyone who is sub 7-8% would have some issues (maybe not physical but underlying mental issues for trying to achieve it) but according to science health effects come around 5% for men and 12% for females as minimum before you really are messing some physical aspects up. I would guess this is very much individualised IMO as some might be able to natural handle very low bf% but long terms effects are probable similar to anorexia sufferers.

https://legionathletics.com/healthy-...entage-for-men

clwhoops44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clwhoops44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clwhoops44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clwhoops44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clwhoops44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clwhoops44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clwhoops44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clwhoops44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clwhoops44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clwhoops44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clwhoops44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by hardyboysare View Post
    No most likely not I would say the effect you have will cause some problems even short term. Of course I know no-one of that leanness bodybuilder wise but have meet a few people with chronic eating disorder and seriously anorexic to the point of admission in hospital for there own health. It is slightly different as they were just bones and nothing else but the health both physical and mental are likely similar as your body needs fat for at least hormonal balance.

The lowest I have read was this guy:-

https://www.cairnspost.com.au/news/d...4b0d9138a332dc

https://broscience.com/andreas-munze...-of-all-times/

Although it states 0% on the article if you read through a medical professional state he wasn't zero as that isn't possible but he got so low his internal organ fat was being used and basically dissolved half his liver (combined with drug use).

I would say anyone who is sub 7-8% would have some issues (maybe not physical but underlying mental issues for trying to achieve it) but according to science health effects come around 5% for men and 12% for females as minimum before you really are messing some physical aspects up. I would guess this is very much individualised IMO as some might be able to natural handle very low bf% but long terms effects are probable similar to anorexia sufferers.

https://legionathletics.com/healthy-...entage-for-men
    Always so thorough in your responses. Would rep but on spread. You da man.

Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Nicksosure1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Tucane View Post
    Below 8%BF is unsustainable for longer periods of time, unless you enjoy hating life in general.. The lower you push, the closer to death you'll feel. Based on my experience atleast^^
    This.

I've been to both extremes and a sub 8% feels pretty crappy most days. There's a happy medium where you can look great and feel great but you would need a good bit of lean mass for that. That's the ultimate journey.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

smokinal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) smokinal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) smokinal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) smokinal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) smokinal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) smokinal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) smokinal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) smokinal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) smokinal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) smokinal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) smokinal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    To answer your question, I believe you could get as low as one would want; naturally

I was no more than 6% at that show in my avi. A few guys there told me I was 4 but I don't think, or want to say, that I was that low as I'm not sure.
    Personally, I do not feel well under 9 or so and certainly would not want to continue much further below 5-6 for any length of time. I do it for 1 day on stage then turn around and fill out again.

I have no mental disorders or eating disorders; I'm in full control of my body weight and BF% I do this because I love competing and this is what's required to place well in competition.

I've just always had good internal willpower/desire and believe I could get to 1-2%, or dead (whichever came first), if I continued on a cut
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card