AdamH8 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy Skinny Fat and needing advice!

Hi there,

My name's Adam and I am 21 and currently, my body would best be described as 'skinny fat'.

At present, I weigh 11 stone and 11 pounds with a body fat of 19.8%.

Ideally, I would like to maintain my weight and reduce my body fat percentage and then try to add a few pounds of muscle.

I started at the gym last week working exclusively on weight training and I have tried to increase my protein intake and i have kept a fairly steady flow of carbs.

Any advice/tips to help me on my journey?

Should i focus on weight training? Should i cut more carbs? Should i fast?

The majority of my fat is concentrated around my stomach and ab areas and I have a bit of a belly which I'd love to lose.

Thanks,
    Adam

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    We all have some muscle to gain and some fat to lose in varying amounts. Too many people try to do all the fat loss needed first but this isn't realistic and they don't end up looking how they want (scrawny, not toned). Read the sticky threads at the top of the page - you either need to be focusing on losing fat or gaining muscle, these need different calorie levels - but everything else tends to be the same. You always need to weight train.

Eat regular meals, fasting is never a good idea unless it's the only way you have of controlling your appetite. There is no need to cut carbs unless you've been told by a qualified medial professional that you have insulin resistance issues.