Thread: Help!

Mikefromike is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy Help!

So I’ve been doing back for about 2 months now. And I’ve never been sore sore, what am I doing wrong?! I’ve been doing lay pull downs at 80-90-100, wide, and normal grips. Then with one arm rows, normal rows. Bent over rows, yet I feel not a single bit sore the next day! What the heck is wrong with my back? I’ve been doing this for months yet no soreness. Please help

BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Change things up, or add more weight.

Registered User manishyadav1979's Avatar
    manishyadav1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) manishyadav1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) manishyadav1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) manishyadav1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) manishyadav1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) manishyadav1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) manishyadav1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) manishyadav1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) manishyadav1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) manishyadav1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) manishyadav1979 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Stretching post workout helps in preventing stiffness.

clwhoops44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clwhoops44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clwhoops44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clwhoops44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clwhoops44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clwhoops44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clwhoops44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clwhoops44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clwhoops44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clwhoops44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) clwhoops44 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Following along because I have a hard time feeling like I get a good back lift in too. I do bent over barbell rows, T bar rows, lat pulldowns and "lawnmowers" (dumbell rows) yet I don't leave feeling the same way I do on chest or shoulder day. Any back exercise recommendations?

ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Soreness is not an indication of growth but if you don't feel like you are getting a good back workout you should reevaluate the intensity of your lifts.

BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by clwhoops44 View Post
    Following along because I have a hard time feeling like I get a good back lift in too. I do bent over barbell rows, T bar rows, lat pulldowns and "lawnmowers" (dumbell rows) yet I don't leave feeling the same way I do on chest or shoulder day. Any back exercise recommendations?
    Here's something for you. All those exercises alone aren't good on lats because the arms give out first. Can be grip, biceps etc that limits you, doesn't really matter. But if you do a set of pullovers (preferably machine, but decline dumbbell ones are good too, or the cable machine style where it looks like tricep press down but movement is at shoulders an elbows locked), those wreck the lats first while leaving the limiting muscles alone. So do a very hard set of them first, move straight to your first back exercise with no rest, and the rest should feel really good.

rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if your training to feel sore or feel like you have worked hard enough then simply change it up. Pick a weight you normally do for 10 reps and do 1 set 4 minutes as many reps as you can. Pretty sure you will get soreness next day if you do that for every exercise.
    Soreness I generally only get consistently from Chest & Legs but that's my body. When I hit my numbers in a workout and if I wasn't sore the next day I wouldn't like relate that to a bad workout.