Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100)

Measuring *waist* loss on a steady diet

I'm gauging my progress this go-round with the tape measure and not the scales, and I'm tracking my progress religiously. Either working out or treadmill every day and eating low-carb/low-cal. I know what my waist was at my goal weight, and to get there means losing nine inches off my waist (wow). In the past I lost around one inch per month - but at that rate it would take me nine months to lose 44 lbs? That sounds like a really long time. That's just over a pound a week lost. It's better than gaining, of course, but I think losing two pounds a week is entirely doable. At that rate, it would take me 5 1/2 months to lose 44 lbs., get to 175 and a 37 inch waist. It seems to be a reasonable length of time to lose that amount. What say ye?
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger in Pumping Iron

Get muscles in the gym. Get lean in the kitchen.

Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Tricon7 View Post
    I'm gauging my progress this go-round with the tape measure and not the scales, and I'm tracking my progress religiously. Either working out or treadmill every day and eating low-carb/low-cal. I know what my waist was at my goal weight, and to get there means losing nine inches off my waist (wow). In the past I lost around one inch per month - but at that rate it would take me nine months to lose 44 lbs? That sounds like a really long time. That's just over a pound a week lost. It's better than gaining, of course, but I think losing two pounds a week is entirely doable. At that rate, it would take me 5 1/2 months to lose 44 lbs., get to 175 and a 37 inch waist. It seems to be a reasonable length of time to lose that amount. What say ye?
    It depends on how much fat you carry and how well you handle deficits. 1-2lbs/week is within the frames of what people usually go for. Start at the faster pace and take it from there.
    ~ Feel free to PM me if you have any questions ~

" As mind ~ as matter "