heiroi is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Forearm pain after deadhangs and bicep curls

Okay, so this is really two issues. I had the second and thought I'd include the first just to be safe. The second is the more pressing one and the one I'm more concerned about.

The first is quite simple: I've been doing deadhangs to improve my grip. My right hand is stronger than my left and after doing this for a week I've got muscle pain in my left forearm. Specifically on the radial side, the middle, underneath the actual bone and only when I press down on it. I suspect this is just the muscle not being used to the stress, since it happened for my back after doing rows. However, the second issue cropped up and I thought "eh, why not stick this in and see if it's anything serious. just in case".

The second issue is the one I'm more concerned about. I do bicep curls and whenever I put down the weight my forearm hurts. Again on the radial side, but right below the wrist knuckle and on the top/side instead of underneath. This pain flares up when I put it down and quickly subsides afterwards. However, it can quietly ache for a while. It's done this as long as I can remember lifting (since January). The flared pain is greater for the greater weight. Someone suggested to me to try doing reverse wrist curls to strengthen the wrist. What would you folks have me do?

EDIT

I usually curl 12kg, but I've recently found that it causes pain even with 4kg! It's far less, but still there.
    Last edited by heiroi; 08-15-2019 at 03:03 PM.

air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Are you saying the forearm hurts or the wrist itself?

heiroi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Are you saying the forearm hurts or the wrist itself?
    The forearm.