Thread: Bikini laser

GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bikini laser

Related to my other thread on the subject, I ask for your experience with laser hair removal. I'm sure there must be some of you here that have had it done. Please share your thoughts and experiences!

Registered User karengoesbikini's Avatar
    karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I did my first bikini competition may 2018, and I’ve now had laser hair removal done.
    If you plan on competing for some time, laser would definitely be the single thing I would prioritize maybe highest. It saves you many worries, also for those who don’t have the issues you describe.

As most things, laser has its pros and cons:

The most obvious negative thing is the fact that it’s quite expensive, I would guess that’s what keeps most from doing anything more than to consider having it done. Other negatives worth mention are that it’s rather painful, at least can be (at least on the lady parts), and that it’s actually not permanent, unlike what people generally believe. Well, it permanently removes the hair present at the time of treatment, but you will grow some new hair over time. That’s why you’ll have to go in to get the so called "touch ups" maybe once a year, not a big deal I guess!

The positive sides totally overrule the negatives! Just imagine not needing to do any daily hair removal, it’s great, not just when you prepare for a competition, but in your daily life as well. Unless you’re a hippie (and prefer to stay hairy) , I’m sure you understand what I’m saying.

GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Oh, thank you! You seem too have managed quiet a lot in a year+

Do mind me asking how long did this whole thing take? I've heard you need 5-6 sessions?!
    Is it very painful? I'm one of those with really low pain tolerance... I can easily cry for almost nothing..
    I guess you had the bikini area done, did you have other areas treated as well?

Edit: What are the "touch ups like"? Are they just as expensive as the regular treatment?
    Last edited by GlamLfter; 08-17-2019 at 03:21 PM. Reason: text added

klmno9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klmno9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klmno9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klmno9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klmno9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klmno9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klmno9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klmno9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klmno9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klmno9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) klmno9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by GlamLfter View Post
    Related to my other thread on the subject, I ask for your experience with laser hair removal. I'm sure there must be some of you here that have had it done. Please share your thoughts and experiences!
    Finishing my sessions now, and I am so sooooo glad I did it!!! I have dark hair, so even if I shave everyday you can see it. I def did my homework before settling on a place--google reviews are usually a good place to start. Mine will use a white eye liner pencil and a little spacer tool to "map out" the area to laser during the session. Some places have a different idea of how large/small the bikini area is, and where it falls. Find one you are comfortable having treated. My place includes a large portion of my upper thighs, and goes inward almost to where a landing strip would be down there.

It has gotten a little more intense feeling each time, which is fine. Feels like a hard rubber band snap. The most painful place for me has been right above the triangle of my bikini line. The other areas I don't feel anything.

If you choose to do it, definitely consider starting ASAP while it's fall/winter. Sun exposure is a no-no when completing sessions as it can cause the laser to bleach/over pigment your skin.

It can be costly, but I haven't regretted it one bit

Registered User karengoesbikini's Avatar
    karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by GlamLfter View Post
    Oh, thank you! You seem too have managed quiet a lot in a year+

Do mind me asking how long did this whole thing take? I've heard you need 5-6 sessions?!
    Is it very painful? I'm one of those with really low pain tolerance... I can easily cry for almost nothing..
    I guess you had the bikini area done, did you have other areas treated as well?

Edit: What are the "touch ups like"? Are they just as expensive as the regular treatment?
    In addition to the Brazilian, I also did other areas you normally would shave, like arms legs and thighs etc. Every area were treated a total of 6 times.
    I’m actually not sure what a touch up will be like, I haven’t had one yet. I guess it will be more or less the same as the same job has to be done.
    I’d say some parts are painful, but I wasn’t screaming either! . The later sessions are definitely worse as they turn up the laser to get the remaining hair.
    I’d recommend using a numbing cream. Either apply before you leave home and cover with plastic film, or show up early to get it on site but it needs at least 30mins to become effective.