raiton is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Angry Injury, I need your help with that final push

Hey guys, I'm new here so I'll just get you a quick story of my life. pretty standard

I was always chubby, got verbally bullied for it a ton at school (never really cared about bullys tbh) but it always affected my life. I only learned how to talk to girls at college. before that, I was ashamed of my image. My last year I started working out 4 times a week for 45 minutes each training session.

2 weeks ago I was on vacation (all included, gained a few pounds/kilos) and I injured myself in the pool. No idea how it happened. I was going down to the floor (straight moving my arms from bottom to up) and I felt something pop. It probably wasn't bones, as it went back in after I moved it outside the pool. the problem is, it still hurts after 2 weeks of anti-inflammatory. and right at the moment when I was starting feeling strong, healthy, fast. pretty if I might add haha.

So my question to you is, what exercises could I do that not impact my shoulder? (I even tried crunches and it hurt a ton). Also, what do I need in this final push to start seeing some abs? (never had them in my 25 years of existence). I've been on a caloric deficit for a year but I think my body just adapted to it. (I trained fasted and my first meal was around 2 pm, my last 9-10pm) I literally have 1000cals day's (normally 1400) and it doesn't make a difference in my belly. it's the hardest i've ever had it. but still, no abs and it's killing me that I put all this effort in and now I'm going to reverse everything because of a stupid injury.

(not sure if the image will stay in the post but i need your help guys! (if it does, sorry about the dirty mirror)
    Attached Images

Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    First, if the shoulder is still sore, go see a doctor.
    Second, there is no point in training around an injury unless the injury is verified and you are cleared from the doctor.
    Third, you need to read the stickies at the top of this page as your ideas of how to get in shape are very wrong
    Fourth, focus on building muscle then worry about getting different body parts to show
    “Other gyms use machines… CrossFit builds them”

Originally Posted by Vandeman17 View Post
    First, if the shoulder is still sore, go see a doctor.
    Second, there is no point in training around an injury unless the injury is verified and you are cleared from the doctor.
    Third, you need to read the stickies at the top of this page as your ideas of how to get in shape are very wrong
    Fourth, focus on building muscle then worry about getting different body parts to show
    I did, they say "it's normal"

wich stickys in particular, and what ideas are wrong and why?

well I don't work out to show body parts...

Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by raiton View Post
    I did, they say "it's normal" See a different doctor. If you are still "hurting a ton" two weeks later then something is wrong

wich stickys in particular, and what ideas are wrong and why? at the top of this forum page are threads with good info. 1k calories is WAY too low, 1400 is still low unless you are an 80 year old that doesn't leave your bed and there is zero benefit to training fasted or waiting to eat.

well I don't work out to show body parts... You don't work out to show body parts but are obsessed with getting abs. Something doesn't compute
    see answers to questions above

see answers to questions above
    Will see a different doctor

wdym, there's a ton of papers based on fasted training and "intermittent fasting" showing both the benefits and ill effects. also 1400 it's not low to me. my maintenance is not much above that....

obsessed is one hell of a word. abs are cool but I'd rather have more millions in my bank account haha
    Last edited by raiton; 08-16-2019 at 02:56 AM.

faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    also 1400 it's not low to me. my maintenance is not much above that....
    BMR =/= maintenance

if i had to guess, your maintenance would be at least 2200. i don't know how legit this "starvation mode" is, but eating below your BMR (which could be around 1700) to stay in a huge deficit for a year doesn't sound like a good plan. maybe try eating at maintenance or slight surplus for a week, then go back to cutting?
    munchies on a cut is the true test of discipline crew

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    BMR =/= maintenance

if i had to guess, your maintenance would be at least 2200. i don't know how legit this "starvation mode" is, but eating below your BMR (which could be around 1700) to stay in a huge deficit for a year doesn't sound like a good plan. maybe try eating at maintenance or slight surplus for a week, then go back to cutting?
    my maintenance is 1500, not BMR. I've bulked with 1700. my metabolism as been super slow since I was born. I was born with weird stats. for example, my resting systolic blood pressure is 100. normal is 120-140.

Honestly, it sounds like you want to dispute the advice that people are giving you so why did you post your question?

faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    my maintenance is 1500, not BMR. I've bulked with 1700. my metabolism as been super slow since I was born. I was born with weird stats. for example, my resting systolic blood pressure is 100. normal is 120-140.
    while it's (probably) not impossible to have a maintenance that low, it's highly unlikely. i hope someone more experienced can shed some light on this
    munchies on a cut is the true test of discipline crew

Honestly, it sounds like you want to dispute the advice that people are giving you so why did you post your question?
    pretty sure saying that my maintenance is bellow what someone else's says it is, is not disputing advice. it's just me living with my self for almost 25 years and knowing that I have a low metabolism, diagnosed a couple of weeks after I was born.
    you have yet to actually give 1 piece of advice besides "read the other stickies"

pretty sure saying that my maintenance is bellow what someone else's says it is, is not disputing advice. it's just me living with my self for almost 25 years and knowing that I have a low metabolism, diagnosed a couple of weeks after I was born.
    you have yet to actually give 1 piece of advice besides "read the other stickies"
    Reading the stickies is probably some of the best advice you can get. There is tons of good information there that you can read instead of someone having to type in your thread. Have you made an appointment for a second opinion on your shoulder?

XinXom will become famous soon enough. (+50) XinXom will become famous soon enough. (+50) XinXom will become famous soon enough. (+50) XinXom will become famous soon enough. (+50) XinXom will become famous soon enough. (+50) XinXom will become famous soon enough. (+50) XinXom will become famous soon enough. (+50) XinXom will become famous soon enough. (+50) XinXom will become famous soon enough. (+50) XinXom will become famous soon enough. (+50) XinXom will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What is your height and weight? Too me based off only your picture you look too skinny and even if you got ab lines they would look weak. If i were you based off what you have said I would eat like 2000 and train harder/ lift heavier weights more than 45 minutes sessions no cardio just heavy lifts and ab excises if that's what you really care about building up. If you want abs looking at you I would say you need to do a lot of ab training while in a surplus and build them then after you build them up for a few months then cut the fat back off next year. Not sure what kind of look your going for but you look like you need to put some quality meat on your bones before you cut any more fat. Yes the injury sucks avoid using your shoulder until it feels better.

Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tucane is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Your maintenance isn't set in stone, it moves as you move, so to speak. Improvement is possible.

Be as active of a fellow as you can be, lift intensely to progress in the gym and eat more food to fuel your workouts. Good things will follow.
    ~ Feel free to PM me if you have any questions ~

" As mind ~ as matter "

Reading the stickies is probably some of the best advice you can get. There is tons of good information there that you can read instead of someone having to type in your thread. Have you made an appointment for a second opinion on your shoulder?
    Yes i have! going on the 20th to an orthopedist. could not see me sooner unfortunately.
    and will read more stickies

Originally Posted by XinXom View Post
    What is your height and weight? Too me based off only your picture you look too skinny and even if you got ab lines they would look weak. If i were you based off what you have said I would eat like 2000 and train harder/ lift heavier weights more than 45 minutes sessions no cardio just heavy lifts and ab excises if that's what you really care about building up. If you want abs looking at you I would say you need to do a lot of ab training while in a surplus and build them then after you build them up for a few months then cut the fat back off next year. Not sure what kind of look your going for but you look like you need to put some quality meat on your bones before you cut any more fat. Yes the injury sucks avoid using your shoulder until it feels better.

Thanks will do as soon as i feel better. I always train hard, but will train even harder as soon as this shoulder stops hurting and popping... my body was always kinda weak. I never had this much muscle (which looks weak to you guys, but to me, it's hella impressive)

Originally Posted by Tucane View Post
    Your maintenance isn't set in stone, it moves as you move, so to speak. Improvement is possible.

Be as active of a fellow as you can be, lift intensely to progress in the gym and eat more food to fuel your workouts. Good things will follow.

yes ofc i hope it does move! I can't lift anything atm :'( but I'm fairly active for a software developer. I walk to my job (fast pace it's arround 35 minutes, so 1h10 a day). plus i went to the gym 4 times a week before deciding taking some vacations and huring myself...