Thread: 6 day split

S3CC is on a distinguished road. (+10)

6 day split

Hi!

Im thinking about a new workout schedule. And since none of my friends have tried this, i cant really bounce the idea with anyone so im throwing it here.

3 days (hypertrophy, like 4x12)
    - Legs
    - Back & Bicep
    - Chest, shoulders, back
    Day 4: cant decide to either: Rest, Fatloss or continue on below
    3 days (strength 5x5) either same workouts as hyper or different
    - Legs
    - Back & Bicep
    - Chest, shoulders, tricep
    Day 7/8 depends what do on Day 4

Have anyone done a split like this? with hypertrophy / strength.

Can you guys share thoughts if this is a good or bad idea? :P

Thx ^^
    Last edited by S3CC; 08-15-2019 at 02:48 PM.

air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't think doing back/bicep then back on back-to-back days is a good idea - esp 2x/week.

Ghawk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ghawk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ghawk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ghawk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ghawk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ghawk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ghawk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ghawk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ghawk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ghawk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ghawk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you replace the second back with triceps its a PPL following PHUL principles. Its what I do when I run a PPL too. I would take the 4th or 7th day off as a rest day and keep that consistent. Good workout split if you need a lot of volume to progress, how long have you been training and how much yea squat, bench and deadlift?
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

Originally Posted by Ghawk21 View Post
    If you replace the second back with triceps its a PPL following PHUL principles. Its what I do when I run a PPL too. I would take the 4th or 7th day off as a rest day and keep that consistent. Good workout split if you need a lot of volume to progress, how long have you been training and how much yea squat, bench and deadlift?
    Alright, rest sounds good for the gains. Also thought for the fat loss to use jumpropes as warmup. Everytime i workout i notice i gain strength and see size difference when measure but I wanna change it up a bit ^^

Ive been training for about 3 years or so but ive never really maxed 1 reped, but ive been doing around 90 % so below is a estimate
    Squat - ~200
    Bench - 110 (really weak in bench, A LOT stronger in chest press with db)
    Deadlift - 300

Above is in KG btw.

Also see now i wrote wrong above....

Thx
    Last edited by S3CC; 08-15-2019 at 02:48 PM. Reason: wrong in original post

Ghawk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ghawk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ghawk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ghawk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ghawk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ghawk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ghawk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ghawk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ghawk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ghawk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Ghawk21 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by S3CC View Post
    Alright, rest sounds good for the gains. Also thought for the fat loss to use jumpropes as warmup. Everytime i workout i notice i gain strength and see size difference when measure but I wanna change it up a bit ^^

Ive been training for about 3 years or so but ive never really maxed 1 reped, but ive been doing around 90 % so below is a estimate
    Squat - ~200
    Bench - 110 (really weak in bench, A LOT stronger in chest press with db)
    Deadlift - 300

Above is in KG btw.

Also see now i wrote wrong above....

Thx
    Good lifts, definitely high enough and enough years under a bar to do your own programming. Try it out and see how it goes, don't be afraid to take a deload week if you start feeling burnt out. If you want to toss in some cardio do it after your lifting or on the off day provided it doesn't negatively impact recovery.

Originally Posted by Ghawk21 View Post
    Good lifts, definitely high enough and enough years under a bar to do your own programming. Try it out and see how it goes, don't be afraid to take a deload week if you start feeling burnt out. If you want to toss in some cardio do it after your lifting or on the off day provided it doesn't negatively impact recovery.
    Thanks bro, ill try it out then.
    Cardio as in jumpropes OK? when ive done my cardio before ive used HIIT on treadmill, but thought to switch up with more fat loss aka jump rope. I thought like 30 min or so.

So you suggest day off on Day 4 rest and then before the reset i do cardio, so my reset on hypertrophy is on 8th day?

Thx

Originally Posted by S3CC View Post
    Thanks bro, ill try it out then.
    Cardio as in jumpropes OK? when ive done my cardio before ive used HIIT on treadmill, but thought to switch up with more fat loss aka jump rope. I thought like 30 min or so.

So you suggest day off on Day 4 rest and then before the reset i do cardio, so my reset on hypertrophy is on 8th day?

Thx
    I'd probably stick with lower intensity cardio for the sake of recovery, jump rope is probably fine just be aware if you start to notice recovery issues you might need to dial it back. Off day doesn't necessarily mean completely off day. Could also be used as a cardio day. Probably have to give it a try for a few weeks on doing cardio after weights or only on the rest day and see how it goes. Some peoples work capacity is so high they can handle cardio and weights several times per week on the same days while others will find a few days completely ruins there recovery.