Jesusgirl92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Why am I losing weight so slowly?

Hey guys, I know this questioned gets asked all the time. But I am 27 years old, a 5'9 female, 160 pounds and have been on a serious journey of weight loss for about one month and 2 weeks. I eat pretty healthy anyways but I have really been cracking down on my macros and counting calories on myfitnesspal the last month and a half. But my results are so slow. I didnt think that I had that much fat to lose but seeing how my body almost looks the same but a few changes here and there is discouraging. I workout 5 days a week pretty intense with weights and hiit. And I eat about 1700 calories per day, maybe a little less (of mainly whole foods).
    My goal is to at least hit 150, bc I'm so tall I'll never be a healthy 120 lbs.
    Can someone give me some encouraging words or advice. Could it be genetics or a thryoid? Is it just a really slow progress? I used to be able to lose weight fast but I would never keep it off, now I am doing it in a way that I can keep it off but it can be discouraging. Thank you for all your help and any words of wisdom!

ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You need to eat less if you want it to pickup. 1500 calories/day is a reasonable starting place if your goal is 150.

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You need to drop weekly calories there is no way around it
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My word of wisdom, lower your calories.

The chances are you are probably eat more then you think so forget about the number of calories and go by the scale.
    If you aren't losing weight you need lower calories doesn't matter how many calories you believe it is obviously it's not enough to cause weight loss so you need less or exercise more.

That is your only choice. Nothing special but takes desire to actually do it.

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Jesusgirl92 View Post
    Hey guys, I know this questioned gets asked all the time. But I am 27 years old, a 5'9 female, 160 pounds and have been on a serious journey of weight loss for about one month and 2 weeks. I eat pretty healthy anyways but I have really been cracking down on my macros and counting calories on myfitnesspal the last month and a half. But my results are so slow. I didnt think that I had that much fat to lose but seeing how my body almost looks the same but a few changes here and there is discouraging. I workout 5 days a week pretty intense with weights and hiit. And I eat about 1700 calories per day, maybe a little less (of mainly whole foods).
    My goal is to at least hit 150, bc I'm so tall I'll never be a healthy 120 lbs.
    Can someone give me some encouraging words or advice. Could it be genetics or a thryoid? Is it just a really slow progress? I used to be able to lose weight fast but I would never keep it off, now I am doing it in a way that I can keep it off but it can be discouraging. Thank you for all your help and any words of wisdom!
    Before you drop your calories...What do you mean by "my results are so slow"--how much weight have you lost over the past 6 weeks? Have you lost zero pounds? 5 lbs? 10 lbs? Six weeks is not a lot of time at all and if you are SEEING changes in the mirror, you are doing fantastic.
    Last edited by spradish; 08-15-2019 at 11:12 AM.

Ive lost about 5lbs but gained some muscle. I'm trying not to go by the scale too much just mainly how my clothes fit and how my measurements have changed, which hasnt been by a lot. I dont want to live my life on 1500 calories. I've been taught that you need to drop your calories by about 500 which would be 1800 for me and then once the weight is lost you can go to maintenance calories. Is this basically right? I dont want to go hungry either, I want this to be a lifetstyle not a "diet".

Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Rabbitjb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    In 6 weeks you’ve lost 5 lbs so your deficit is about 400 calories a day on average

If you want to lose at a higher rate you need to drop more calories per day, but I wouldn’t to be honest

You’re probably losing at the right rate at the moment, perhaps even a little fast as you are within your BMI

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Rabbitjb View Post
    In 6 weeks you’ve lost 5 lbs so your deficit is about 400 calories a day on average

If you want to lose at a higher rate you need to drop more calories per day, but I wouldn’t to be honest

You’re probably losing at the right rate at the moment, perhaps even a little fast as you are within your BMI
    I completely agree with this.

Five pounds in 6 weeks is good progress, especially for a woman who is at a healthy weight. Be patient and just keep going. You are doing fine. Just be realistic about how much of a difference losing 5 lbs of fat is going to make. If you were to melt 5 sticks of butter and smear them all over yourself, your measurements wouldn't be that much different.

Okay thank you all for your replies. I am going to drop the calories a small bit but otherwise I'm just going to keep going.
    I'm also a waitress which puts me on my feet 6 hrs a day, climbing stairs, moving quickly, which is why I should be losing more fat. But anyways I'm determined so I'm going to keep going. Thanks for the advice!!

hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hardyboysare is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Okay thank you all for your replies. I am going to drop the calories a small bit but otherwise I'm just going to keep going.
    I'm also a waitress which puts me on my feet 6 hrs a day, climbing stairs, moving quickly, which is why I should be losing more fat. But anyways I'm determined so I'm going to keep going. Thanks for the advice!!
    Sounds good take weight loss where it occurs and remember that stalls can occur you have to wait them out. Women I am afraid are generally more prone to water retention.

You are losing weight so you are progressing remember Rome wasn't built in a day and nor will your physique you want. Likewise you have to enjoy your life so don't be so harsh on your progress 5lbs is fine in a month a bit. Good work.

Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I dont want to go hungry either, I want this to be a lifetstyle not a "diet".
    I eat 1600 cals a day and i don't get hungry. It's all about meal timing and eating food that isn't very high in calories. Just eat multiple small meals and you're fine.
    If you want to eat 1800 that's fine. It will just take longer to lose the weight, unless you increase your cardio. But as long as you're eating a calorie deficit, you'll lose weight eventually.
    Cobra Kai never dies!