kopite90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Push, Pull, Legs or separate days?

I'm currently cutting and training 6 days a week doing a push, pull, leg split. At the end of the month I intend to start bulking. Would you say it's best to stick to the push, pull, leg workouts or would you separate it? e.g. chest and triceps, back and biceps, shoulders, legs and core.
    Other than the last 3 months I had always separated body parts whilst training but then I changed to the above split for the last 3 months. I've noticed difference but was wondering if it is the best system whilst bulking.

Registered User bschermerhorn92's Avatar
    bschermerhorn92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bschermerhorn92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bschermerhorn92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bschermerhorn92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bschermerhorn92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bschermerhorn92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bschermerhorn92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bschermerhorn92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bschermerhorn92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bschermerhorn92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bschermerhorn92 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OP, the debate about the perfect split is a never ending one. This is going to come down to an opinionated answer and I think you should consider splitting your days up. I’ve never been a fan of training 5 or more days a week, I feel like I’m never getting adequate rest to recover fully or i end up doing less in those workouts to ensure I’m able to do the next one...which means my workouts don’t feel nearly as complete and challenging.

I’ve always like the 4 day mon/tue/Thur/fri with: back/bi, chest/tri, legs, shoulders. I would also take 2-3 big exercises from each day and add them into another day called split stacking. Example:

Monday= back and biceps so on Thursday after legs I’d throw in bent over rows, pull-ups, and lat pulldowns. And also on Monday I’d front load squats and leg press.

The end result is a 1/2 workout extra of that body part but still have a solid rest period in between days. That way you end up basically working every muscle group 1.5 times per week. What works for one doesn’t necessarily work for another but that’s my opinion on your circumstances. If you want clarification on something just PM me, I wish you the best!

BigTallandLost will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTallandLost will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTallandLost will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTallandLost will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTallandLost will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTallandLost will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTallandLost will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTallandLost will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTallandLost will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTallandLost will become famous soon enough. (+50) BigTallandLost will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    100% your choice. It depends on what you see gains on, what time you have for working out and more.

I was doing 6 days a week like you are suggesting, but dropped it to 4 days doing Upper A, Lower A, Upper B, Lower B and taking 3 days rest. That has helped me schedule wise for the summer and feels just as good, hitting all muscles twice a week still. Its really just your choice and preference.