andyroovoodoo is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Diabetes, gout and other crappy medical issues

Anyone else face these medical issues? Makes it really hard when being self-employed, stressed a lot and always gimping or hurting from gout to really focus on myself but I'm starting today to 110% try. I used to be fit, athletic, healthy and now at only 33 years old I'm fat, sick and always stressed. Ready to take control of my life and start lifting and doing cardio 4-5 days a week. Luckily my diet does NOT consist of any fast food, sodas, crap processed food, etc.

Any advice on diet, exercise, healing the body, supplements, etc are much appreciated. Even just general support and sympathies to what is hopefully my only complaining, self loathing post is great too! Cheers and wish me luck in taking back control of my life and getting fit!

oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Learn the foods that trigger your gout and learn the foods that are bad for your a1c levels.
    Incorporate that knowledge into a 2000 calorie a day diet. Hit the gym 4x a week and do cardio on the non gym days. Check your weight , 1-2 lbs a week loss is good. Adjust caloric intake down if your not dropping 1-2 lbs a week.

Why shoot for 1-2 lbs a week? Because it’s easier for your body and mind to adjust to those levels and maintain it
    I get a tax deduction just by hanging out here

More reps, no texts

fullbug03044 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I suffered from severe gout and learned that excessive red meat was my trigger. I was unhealthy for many years and was sucking down burgers or steak and cheese subs 2-3 times a week for years. Now I limit my red meat to maybe once a week and have not had a flare up since. Could I eat a little more once in a while? Sure, but I am so paranoid of getting it again that I don't take the chance. It was some of the worst searing pain I have ever had.
    Fat Loss Blog: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159475661

NearlyBigAngus is just really nice. (+1000) NearlyBigAngus is just really nice. (+1000) NearlyBigAngus is just really nice. (+1000) NearlyBigAngus is just really nice. (+1000) NearlyBigAngus is just really nice. (+1000) NearlyBigAngus is just really nice. (+1000) NearlyBigAngus is just really nice. (+1000) NearlyBigAngus is just really nice. (+1000) NearlyBigAngus is just really nice. (+1000) NearlyBigAngus is just really nice. (+1000) NearlyBigAngus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hi Andy - I too suffer from gout. I stripped my diet right back to bland "gout friendly" foods and spent 18 months gradually introducing things back into my diet... one thing per week until I understood exactly what foods were a problem for me.

I also found that making sure I stay hydrated made a massive difference - and I have to drink a lot more water to do that than I first thought. It does need to be water and not tea/coffee, if I mainly get my fluids in tea I find I start to get twingy in my toe joints and it's a warning to drink some water.

Also, I was a fatty and since getting my weight down my gout has significantly improved and my blood pressure has come down from being high into the ideal range.

I have found that meal prepping my lunch and dinners for the week helps me to control macros and calories and stay on target. It's a lot easier to fall off the wagon if making meals is a spur of the moment thing because it's easy to get tempted into going over your calories. I also suggest weighing portions and tracking on MFP to help you to understand food/calories.