stevy11x is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation Rolled forward shoulders / gap between chest and shoulders

I need detailed help/advice on how to fix this issue with my posture.

I got rolled forward shoulders and a gap between my shoulders/chest that make me look deformed in a t-shirt.

It won’t let me link pictures so my reference pictures are on my BodySpace Gallery.

Thanks in advance for any and all help. I just wanna get a jump-start on fixing this issue before I ship off to the Army at the end of the year. I’m scared this issue will lead to an injury down the road and I don’t need any reason to hinder me from defending my country.

(I don’t know if this helps but I sprained my right rotator cuff last year pitching, was minor but it’s been a year and still bothers me a bit. I am able to do most exercises which I mostly focus on things like pull-ups and pushups due to shying away from heavy weights from fear of injury)
    Last edited by stevy11x; 08-14-2019 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Typo

CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by stevy11x View Post
    I need detailed help/advice on how to fix this issue with my posture.

I got rolled forward shoulders and a gap between my shoulders/chest that make me look deformed in a t-shirt.

It won’t let me link pictures so my reference pictures are on my BodySpace Gallery.

Thanks in advance for any and all help. I just wanna get a jump-start on fixing this issue before I ship off to the Army at the end of the year. I’m scared this issue will lead to an injury down the road and I don’t need any reason to hinder me from defending my country.

(I don’t know if this helps but I sprained my right rotator cuff last year pitching, was minor but it’s been a year and still bothers me a bit. I am able to do most exercises which I mostly focus on things like pull-ups and pushups due to shying away from heavy weights from fear of injury)
    I don't really see much of an issue, but how much back work (pulls) do you do compared to chest (press)?

stevy11x is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    I don't really see much of an issue, but how much back work (pulls) do you do compared to chest (press)?
    At this point i’m only doing 3 sets of pull-ups to failure every other day as well several sets of push-ups to failure.

I warm up with face-pulls using my resistance-bands for a good stretch.

As far as equipment I have dumbbells that go up to 50lbs and a pull-up bar. Any suggestions on exercises to pull my shoulders back and down and also build my upper chest?