RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Rep PR 4000 Review

My wife and I recently bought a new house and due to ceiling limitations I had to look at replacing my trusty R3. I was originally all in on a shortened half rack until the Rep PR 4000 promo videos were released. Needless to say I got the Rep bug and jumped in on the purchase. I ordered the 30inch depth 80 inch height PR 4000. For rack customization I went metallic black crossmember, hammerotne blue uprights, front spotter arms, swing in safeties, two sets of standard JCups and the front feet. On top of that I ordered the standalone landmine and their weight tree. My initial thoughts are holy crap this set up is beefy! I'm coming from a R3 that was bolted to the floor to this PR 4000. Every single thing I unboxed I was pleasantly surprised at how structurally imposing they felt. I actually downgraded my J Cups from a sandwich style to the standards in order to expedite shipping and I couldn't be happier with them. The JCups have UHMW all over them and they are substantially nicer than my previous Rogue ones. I ordered the front feet on my 30 inch rack to eliminate the need to bolt to the floor and it is rock solid. The rack is significantly quitier and more stable than the R3. Spotter arms are fantastic and have numbered holes. The safeties can likely be crashed and banged for decades without issues...they even have a nice layer of felt to prevent any scratches on the uprights.

Assembly:
    10/10: Very easy and could be potentially done alone but is obviously quicker with a second set of hands. The unpacking of the boxes took longer than the actual set up!

Delivery:
    5/10: I was delivering to a shipping depot in the states in order to bring back to Canadian soil and it wasn't the smoothest process but that had nothing to do with Rep. Communication with the courier was interesting to say the least.

Packaging:
    9/10: A number of boxes were torn but nothing substantial. Even so, none of the inside wrapping was compromised. The packaging inside the boxes was fantastic.

Finish:
    Unknown: This one I'm torn on rating because it looks amazing and there are no massively noticeable issues. That said almost every single piece had a small area of imperfection. Lots of areas with tiny chips, splattered weld, some discolored powder coating, scratches, rubbed/chipped coating,etc. The landmine has a small metal name plate and it was hit hard enough to bend and damage it. The back crossmember with name plate was full of tiny flecks of some sort black junk and they poured all over me and the floor ...I had to take it outside and shake them out for 15 minutes. I'm not sure what the expectations should be for imperfections and so I don't know how to rate it. I inspected evey piece and so I noticed them but overall it still looks great and likely won't be noticed by others. However it was a little disappointing there were so many. The packaging was quite good so this had to be during manufacturing.

Function:
    10/10: Rep is the only place I could have ordered a rack in my price range with these features. Fantastic mid range option! Lots of great accessories available with more to come.

Landmine:
    8/10: It's quite hard to get this wrong and this piece functions entirely like I'd expect. I'd give it a 10 if it didn't come dented. Price is great

Weight Tree:
    10/10: To me this is the best brand new weight tree you can get. Great price and no issues.

RC

dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000) dragon360 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hey RoCol, Shouldnt we have pictures here?!

Congrats on the new purchase.
    ▪[[────]]▪ York Barbell Club #65 ▪[[────]]▪
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #65 []---[]
    ▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #3 ▪[M]===[6]▪
    ─</>─<\>─ BWTG Cluster #65 ─</>─<\>─
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #65 ||---|| ▪█────█▪ Equipment Crew #74 ▪█────█▪

Sig line is not a novel.

bean438 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bean438 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bean438 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bean438 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bean438 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bean438 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bean438 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bean438 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bean438 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bean438 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bean438 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes, pics please!

So, out of curiosity how is an unbolted rack more stable than a bolted one? Does the 3 x 3 make THAT much of a difference?

And, where about sin Canada are you located? What was the issue bringing the rack to Canada? I’m in Winnipeg, and I ship to Pembina North Dakota all the time. I,have a company that brings things into Canada for me, if I don’t feel like making a 2 hour round trip to pick up. They are cheaper than UPS/Fed ex, and certainly easier to deal with.

RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10) RoCol is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have pictures but couldn't figure out how to attach the darn thing! I'll work on it tomorrow again

The rack is just substantially larger...3*3 makes a difference, same with 30inch vs 24 inch depth, and then finally the front feet as additional stabilizers. I'm out in the Maritimes and have had a lot of items shipped to Maine because it is just so much cheaper. The company that delivered was just a pain to communicate with. I felt like I talked to a million different people and just could not get them to understand what I was saying. For example they kept asking for my phone number (which I provided) but I told them how I don't need to be called. Rather I'm using a business in Maine that handles deliveries for Canadians and that their hours are so and so and also provided their number. Multiple different times I had to say not to call me but to show up during business hours. I felt like the delivery was taking way longer than needed and so I was already a little antsy with everything. Of course on a Friday afternoon I talk to the courier again and they say they turned the order around, went back to a different city, and can't deliver until Monday because the individual in the shipping area didn't pick up the phone to arrange a delivery. So I phoned again and explained it's a business, these are their hours, you don't need to call them or me, just show up. This last girl was great and understood exactly what I was saying and then thank god she said she just wanted to verify the address because they had somehow had it completely wrong anyways. Just an annoyance all around. But I got it and it was well worth the weight. Pics to follow tomorrow!

tonyarmstrong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RoCol View Post
    I have pictures but couldn't figure out how to attach the darn thing! I'll work on it tomorrow again
    My REP PR-4000 is on the way to me, and I have the flooring all set up. Psyched to hear it's as solid as my friend described too. The function and value.. I couldn't find anything close. I'll be adding the monolift and lever arms when those come out too. Do you plan on adding the cable attachment? I got one for mine to do lat pull downs, curls, tricep rope extensions, low rows, (wifey wanted it for donkey kicks too lol).. etc.

Post some photos so I can drool for just another few days till mine arrives!

Can anyone point me in the direction of learning how to post a picture?

gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by RoCol View Post
    Can anyone point me in the direction of learning how to post a picture?
    I have an Ingur account, upload your pics to Ingur, once the pic is in your library just copy the IMG tag link for forum/message board and copy it into your post.

I did read that some members were having issues with Ingur, but I haven't posted a pic for a couple of weeks.

Another method, when you post, click go advanced, then upload photo and copy link between IMG tags.

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by gym62richard View Post
    I have an Ingur account, upload your pics to Ingur, once the pic is in your library just copy the IMG tag link for forum/message board and copy it into your post.

I did read that some members were having issues with Ingur, but I haven't posted a pic for a couple of weeks.

Another method, when you post, click go advanced, then upload photo and copy link between IMG tags.
    OP, if you make an account with Imgur, there will be a middle camera icon on the bottom screen, if you press that it will show all the photos you taken on your phone.

Press and select all the photos you want to upload to your account, when they're done loading click the top button to view them.

Once you see the photos there, you will see a three vertical dot symbol up in the upper right corner, press it and a option menu will appear, at the bottom you should see a "Copy link" option select that and it will automatically copy the link.

Once you receive the link, go back to the forum and make, or edit the post, press and hold to paste that link and when you're done placing things add your post like normal and the link should appear as a clickable link and the forum members as well as you should be able to view the images there.

If you ever wanna re-post any photos from your Imgur that you previously uploaded, then there will be an icon with a person shape in the low right corner which is your photos that were previously uploaded in that section.
    Last edited by Deep-Voiced-One; 08-17-2019 at 08:27 AM.

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Deep-Voiced-One is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Awesome setup man! I spot a Legend 3-way bench there, I own one too, but in the camo pads and silver vein frame, is that a 12" pad on it? And how does the head rest feel on it?

Nice Echo bike too, I just got one a few weeks back myself and added the phone holder and heart rate censor for it.

Also cool color on the Rep rack, is that Westside hole spacing I see on it?

urbanlifter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) urbanlifter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) urbanlifter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) urbanlifter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) urbanlifter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) urbanlifter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) urbanlifter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) urbanlifter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) urbanlifter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) urbanlifter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) urbanlifter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    WOW! Aside from the blemishes that rack looks pretty awesome in blue, congrats on the purchase.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

Originally Posted by Deep-Voiced-One View Post
    Awesome setup man! I spot a Legend 3-way bench there, I own one too, but in the camo pads and silver vein frame, is that a 12" pad on it? And how does the head rest feel on it?

Nice Echo bike too, I just got one a few weeks back myself and added the phone holder and heart rate censor for it.

Also cool color on the Rep rack, is that Westside hole spacing I see on it?
    Good eyes, the Legend is a 12inch pad! With respect to feel I couldn't be happier, the only improvement would maybe be grippier padding.

The Rep rack is just fantastic! Westside spacing is found throughout the middle portion of the rack and coming from a R3 I really appreciated that!

Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    WOW! Aside from the blemishes that rack looks pretty awesome in blue, congrats on the purchase.
    Thanks man! I just love the rack and wouldn't hesitate to buy anything from Rep after getting my first order. I was really torn on the color because I really wanted blue (as did my 3 year old) but my bench is res and I thought they should match. However I soon realized that I have a home gym partly so I can buy what I want! I feel like a color mashup is totally appropriate lol

urbanlifter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) urbanlifter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) urbanlifter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) urbanlifter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) urbanlifter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) urbanlifter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) urbanlifter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) urbanlifter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) urbanlifter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) urbanlifter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) urbanlifter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Color mashups are fun too! For a little while I had a 'hulk' green Legend bench with a black rack, red walls, and some of my other equipment was white. Surprisingly enough it actually went together pretty well, so I wouldn't overthink it too much. Although whenever I get the itch for a new rack I'll probably do the clearcoat PR 4000 with black accents, looks freaking sweet and pretty much goes with everything.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪