Pleace has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What do you think of this modified PPL for an intermediate?

I like the idea of the frequency in a PPL, except I find you don't end up getting enough shoulder and arm isolation. As well, two days of legs a week seems like a waste of time as I don't care too much about having massive legs (already big enough).

So I was thinking of doing the following:

Push

Pull

Legs

Chest & Back

Arms

Shoulders

Rest

air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Why not just add a few more sets for triceps and front/side delts on the push days, and same for biceps and rear delts on pull days? You can do 1 day of abs or light cardio if you don't want a second leg day. Your modification is no longer PPL. Your tris/bis will be hit pretty hard on chest/back day, then you're following it the next day w/ a full arm workout. And then your triceps might be hit again 3 days in a row on shoulder day depending on what shoulder exercises you do.

leidenesLK is just really nice. (+1000) leidenesLK is just really nice. (+1000) leidenesLK is just really nice. (+1000) leidenesLK is just really nice. (+1000) leidenesLK is just really nice. (+1000) leidenesLK is just really nice. (+1000) leidenesLK is just really nice. (+1000) leidenesLK is just really nice. (+1000) leidenesLK is just really nice. (+1000) leidenesLK is just really nice. (+1000) leidenesLK is just really nice. (+1000)
    This does not seem like a good idea at all. The traditional 6 day PPL already overworks the shoulder girdle and elbows and with this modification you're just amplifying that issue. IMO, Upper/Lower routines are probably the best for intermediates and then maybe Upper Lower/Push Pull Legs as you reach that late intermediate/advanced level, but at the end of the day it's just how you split your weekly volume. Not saying PPL routines are bad by any means, I just believe the traditional PPL template done 6 days a week is excessive and potentially problematic. Do you have an actual routine that we can critique?

n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Pleace View Post
    I like the idea of the frequency in a PPL, except I find you don't end up getting enough shoulder and arm isolation. As well, two days of legs a week seems like a waste of time as I don't care too much about having massive legs (already big enough).

So I was thinking of doing the following:

Push

Pull

Legs

Chest & Back

Arms

Shoulders

Rest
    4 days of pushing per week, with 3 of them back to back........what ever could go wrong?
    Ignore List

GregStren90
    health4life24
    LukeEverhart
    jeremybra