Thread: Knee Injury

LaQuinta22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Knee Injury

So, I have torn meniscus in both knees and recently at a fitness convention I hurt my knee again. I'm usually good about working out with the pain. Is getting a cortizone shot a good idea or are there other ways I can get my knees better?

air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The cortizone will reduce pain and swelling, but doesn't actually fix the problem itself. If you're not doing physical therapy or surgery, you should prob rest them and let them heal a little instead of working out through the pain.

Registered User ProgrammerHunch's Avatar
    ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Pain and swelling is your body's natural response for healing the problem. Doctors make a lot of money off cortizone shots so they are often quick to suggest it, but it should never be prescribed for anything. Medicine in America is a racket, doctors are in bed with pharmaceutical companies and often get kickbacks for prescribing this or that on behalf of this or that company. It never solves anything, it only masks the problem. Pain is the only way the body can tell you that you're doing something bad, if you mask that pain then there is nothing preventing you from further injuring your meniscus. Physical therapy should always be your first go-to for dealing with pain, then maybe surgery if you have exhausted all conservative options.