Thread: Pms

BerlinByrd is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Pms

How do you cope with PMS and training?

I have about 10 days in my cycle where I either just want to cry and/or I'm so annoyed at such little things and I notice my motivation drops to "i'll do it tomorrow" level. Really messes with my training (and life!)

Interested to hear about any vitamins or just general ways you've found to not let PMS get in the way of training

Thanks!

BerlinByrd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Really? I can't believe i'm the only person here who struggles with this. Nobody can relate?

JoLCh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I always feel so much better when I work out. If Iā€™m feeling annoyed I take my boxing gloves in and punch the s**t out of the punch bag. A great bit of cardio! I keep my mind on the results I want, that motivates me to train when Iā€™m feeling sluggish and exhausted from PMS.

jonnywar is not very well liked. (-100) jonnywar is not very well liked. (-100) jonnywar is not very well liked. (-100) jonnywar is not very well liked. (-100) jonnywar is not very well liked. (-100) jonnywar is not very well liked. (-100) jonnywar is not very well liked. (-100) jonnywar is not very well liked. (-100) jonnywar is not very well liked. (-100) jonnywar is not very well liked. (-100) jonnywar is not very well liked. (-100)
    All women are constantly changing the level of hormones in the body. Therefore, the mood also changes. You need more sleep and a sedative.

LuissaCrop is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I understand you very well.

JCbabi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JCbabi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JCbabi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JCbabi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JCbabi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JCbabi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JCbabi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JCbabi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JCbabi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JCbabi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JCbabi is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Here are my PMS secret weapons: Water + Magnesium & Iron + Clary Sage & Geranium Essential oils. The oils help regulate hormones, I tend to run low on iron, and a large number of women are low on magnesium which can contribute to pms issues and we all need more water that time of the month. Hope it helps!
    ♦ ɴɣϲ ϲrew ♦
    A∑∑

jinkimum has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Evening primrose oil taken throughout your cycle really helps.

šŸ’™šŸ’™šŸ’™šŸ’™šŸ’™šŸŖ³ snailsrus's Avatar
    snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I ignore it tbh unless I am bitchy then I use my anger to work out longer/harder and avoid being home around the family and everyone appreciates it especially the hubby
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

heavymetal40 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    hey i'm new here, but wanted to share this article (but i can't post links yet). if interested, search for: coconutsandkettlebells.com/training-with-your-menstrual-cycle

i started building my workouts around my cycle and noticed a huge improvement in my progress. the 1st week (once the period begins) is pretty hardcore, i can usually tack on intensity intervals at the end of my workout and not even feel it; the 2nd week is perfect for lifting heavier and feels solid; the 3rd-ish week to about 10 days out from "day 1" is ok and usually best for me to focus on what i can do with lighter weights/higher reps; but the 4th week (pms phase days before starting) can sometimes feel impossible and i will substitute light cardio instead, or take an extra recovery day. i eventually learned to take it easy on the days leading up to my period, knowing that the hardest workouts will begin once the cycle starts again.
    we can also keep in mind the other variables that affect energy level and mood - nutrition, sleep, seasons, allergies, stress.. you name it. some months are better than others, nothing is exactly the same, but an awareness of hormonal fluctuations may be to our advantage.