GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Shaving and waxing, rash in the "rear dep." Warning TMI!

Hey there! First I’m sorry this is going to be long, but the here’s the story..

I compete in Bikini and while it may seem kind of glamorous from the outside, it definitely has some "not-so-glamourous-issues" related, one which I think is butt crack hair removal. You may either laugh or gross out, but its a fact you can't get passed.
    I’m now at a level where nearly all of my competitors wears the tiniest of the Pro-suits. As you probably know, those suits don’t cover much in the "rear department" so to speak.. So to do the mandatory poses, you actually need look really good in that mentioned area as well as in between your legs. Thing is, even though I’m not specifically hairy, I do get all kinds of bad rash, so I always need to wear a bikini with a bit more rear cover. If I shave it turns out as a total disaster area with bumps and rash. (Removing hair in the frontal area isn’t without trouble but it’s not worse than I’ve been able to cover it up with make up so far.)
    Waxing isn’t much better either, for my last competition I decided to try waxing instead. And yes, I did start out well in advance as I was recommended to let the area getting used to wax, but after 3 waxing times, I had way to much rash still so it seems wax doesn’t work for me either.

So, is my only really good option laser? I was hoping not to get into that because I wanted to spend all that money on other things, but I’m of course open to it if that’s my only option.
    And just to emphasize, this has been a struggle for me for a couple of years, ever since I started competing. It really doesn’t look like something that will "work out over time". I’m tired of being told that anyway!

And please don't think it doesn't matter, no one sees those details etc etc... Because it does matter greatly today, not just for the good self-esteem, but the fact that today we are photographed with extremely high resolution cameras and video cameras where you actually can see everything.

Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I don't know about hair removal options. However, have you tried using something like a little A&D ointment to help with rash situation? It helps for babies with diaper rash. I've used it even when my belly button gets irritated with how my skin on my stomach is. So, that's about all I can recommend.
    Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10

GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Fiction2Fitness View Post
    I don't know about hair removal options. However, have you tried using something like a little A&D ointment to help with rash situation? It helps for babies with diaper rash. I've used it even when my belly button gets irritated with how my skin on my stomach is. So, that's about all I can recommend.
    Funny you mention that, but it was the first thing my coach told me to try! I didn't see much of an improvement though, been trough a variety of anti ingrown creams etc etc (anti bacterial), nothing seems to work for me..

Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Not sure what else to suggest since the ointment works for me with rashes. Only other things that come to mind are either one of the hemorrhoid creams, which are more geared towards that area, or getting a prescription for a topical like mupirocin.
    Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10

Originally Posted by Fiction2Fitness View Post
    Not sure what else to suggest since the ointment works for me with rashes. Only other things that come to mind are either one of the hemorrhoid creams, which are more geared towards that area, or getting a prescription for a topical like mupirocin.
    As I mentioned, I do consider a full laser hair removal treatment, if that's the only really good solution for me. So it would be nice to hear experiences from those who have had laser!

Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What about hair removal creams for sensitive skin? That eliminated the problem for me in the bikini area. I break out in a rash with shaving and wax also...

Originally Posted by Lunu View Post
    What about hair removal creams for sensitive skin? That eliminated the problem for me in the bikini area. I break out in a rash with shaving and wax also...
    Thanks, but I've tried 2 different types but I got very sore after using both..

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GlamLfter View Post
    Thanks, but I've tried 2 different types but I got very sore after using both..
    This is a bit out of my element so feel free to ignore, but I dated someone who had a similar issue as you (although not a bodybuilder or bikini competitor). She used a nose/eyebrow trimmer thingy for that sensitive rear area in case you want to give that a try.

jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jay283 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have similar issues, I realised most of the issues were related to the type of blade. The more expensive the razor the less irritation. I think laser would be a good option. Plucking would be the best way but unfortunately not doable. Your cheapest bet would be those shaverless creams but do not leave on for more than 5 mins and make sure your brown hole is cover as well as your lady parts. Very risky that one.

Personal advice, buy those expensive razors for men that give a close shave and put petroleum jelly on the area immediately afterward. Do not use soap, soap will cause an irritation or rash.
    “With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world."

MrsRage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I’m in no way an expert in this subject, but competing over several years have taught me the following:
    - If you shave or wax, do it on a full regular basis, not just in panic every time you compete.
    - Laser is supposed to be superb as long as it works for you! I haven’t done it myself yet, probably I will soon, but from what I’ve heard, it’s really really great.

To me, it seems like laser would definitely save you for a ton of issues regarding hair removal. And it’s supposed to be especially good for those intimate and rather sensitive areas where waxing and shaving often cause issues.
    However, I guess laser have some limitations on what hair color it will work on etc etc.

If it could make you feel better, I can tell you that you’re not the only one struggling with hair removal. Last time I participated in a posing seminar, we had a long session on this subject, especially the issues arising when suits gets Pro-like tiny. Laser was the really big thing, many had done it, some were undergoing treatment and I guess the rest of us wanted it.

I’m a lucky girl in this way, I just shave and it looks good. However, I will have laser maybe early next year. The thought of always being hair free without having to shave or wax all the time is very tempting.

Originally Posted by jay283 View Post
    I have similar issues, I realised most of the issues were related to the type of blade. The more expensive the razor the less irritation. I think laser would be a good option. Plucking would be the best way but unfortunately not doable. Your cheapest bet would be those shaverless creams but do not leave on for more than 5 mins and make sure your brown hole is cover as well as your lady parts. Very risky that one.

Personal advice, buy those expensive razors for men that give a close shave and put petroleum jelly on the area immediately afterward. Do not use soap, soap will cause an irritation or rash.
    Thanks! Yeah, the trick using razors for men is tried out.

Originally Posted by MrsRage View Post
    I’m in no way an expert in this subject, but competing over several years have taught me the following:
    - If you shave or wax, do it on a full regular basis, not just in panic every time you compete.
    - Laser is supposed to be superb as long as it works for you! I haven’t done it myself yet, probably I will soon, but from what I’ve heard, it’s really really great.

To me, it seems like laser would definitely save you for a ton of issues regarding hair removal. And it’s supposed to be especially good for those intimate and rather sensitive areas where waxing and shaving often cause issues.
    However, I guess laser have some limitations on what hair color it will work on etc etc.

If it could make you feel better, I can tell you that you’re not the only one struggling with hair removal. Last time I participated in a posing seminar, we had a long session on this subject, especially the issues arising when suits gets Pro-like tiny. Laser was the really big thing, many had done it, some were undergoing treatment and I guess the rest of us wanted it.

I’m a lucky girl in this way, I just shave and it looks good. However, I will have laser maybe early next year. The thought of always being hair free without having to shave or wax all the time is very tempting.
    Thank you for sharing! I definitely have to look into laser! I have dark hair so presumably I'm a candidate

Registered User karengoesbikini's Avatar
    karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Yes, laser solves what is a big problem for many competitors.

And yes, it does work well on the lady parts as well! However, the skin is usually very sensitive in those areas and they might struggle a little to actually find the correct setting on the laser to burn the follicles but at the same time not burning you too bad(!).

Hurts like hell! But I’m hairless so I don’t complain

karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    As long as you’re a good laser candidate, I’d definitely recommend it!
    Last edited by karengoesbikini; 08-16-2019 at 01:16 PM.

An update; I didn’t find other alternatives than to start laser hair removal treatment. So far I’ve had two sessions and hopefully it will turn out as well invested $$.
    Now I only do the Brazilian, it’s crazy painful (and embarrassing!!) but LOL I definitely hope it’s worth it!

I might have to take a break now because I have two competitions coming up and they can’t tell how my skin will react to the spray tan while being treated with laser. Anyone with experience? Should I skip the laser until after my competitions?

And, I already notice less hair growth! After just two sessions!

Caldef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caldef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caldef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caldef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caldef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caldef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caldef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caldef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caldef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caldef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Caldef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hi, I can thoroughly recommend laser.

I used to get ingrown hairs if I waxed down there, which is a terrible look, and rash if I shaved, which also looks terrible.

After about 6 rounds of laser I don't have hair down there at all anymore, it saves me heaps of time in the shower each morning, feels heaps cleaner and no more ingrown hairs.

100% recommend.

andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Did you try hair removal cream? It won't break the skin and regrowing hair wont have the sharp pointy tips that shaved hair has. In fact regrowing hair is soft.

dirtynumbangel is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    electrolysis is a great option as a more permanent alternative to laser. people suggesting the hair removal creams on such a sensitive area is... questionable at best.

Now I only do the Brazilian, it’s crazy painful (and embarrassing!!) but LOL I definitely hope it’s worth it!
    Did you get any kind of anesthesia or numbing cream?

I might have to take a break now because I have two competitions coming up and they can’t tell how my skin will react to the spray tan while being treated with laser. Anyone with experience? Should I skip the laser until after my competitions?
    Why just not call the spray tan provider, they most likely have an answer
    Last edited by MrsRage; 10-14-2019 at 02:06 PM.

andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dirtynumbangel View Post
    people suggesting the hair removal creams on such a sensitive area is... questionable at best.
    You use nair for sensitive skin. The pink one for ladies. Easy. Way better than shaving. No rash no itch no pain.

And longer lasting tban shaving.

Originally Posted by andy0w View Post
    You use nair for sensitive skin. The pink one for ladies. Easy. Way better than shaving. No rash no itch no pain.

And longer lasting tban shaving.
    If you read OP’s replies, you’ll see she has tried different hair removal creams and did get irritated.

NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have used lasering and waxing. I have a Silk n home laser machine. Love it. But it hurts more than waxing. Also very time consuming for legs so I've used it on my armpits (I no longer have to shave them) and in my bikini area. Legs I solely wax. For that I use hot wax (no cloth) and occasionally use cold wax strips (which are, surprisingly, quite effective).
    I am one of the 3%.
    I am one of the 1 in 8.
    www.metavivor.org
    www.metavivor.org/take-action/why-we-need-you

Jits90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jits90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jits90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jits90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jits90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jits90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jits90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jits90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jits90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jits90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jits90 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So I've read that a rash on your bum is often caused by tight pants. Because it sands (?) your skin and thus becomes irritated. I have this as well. Scrubbing it with a fluffy scouring sponge helps a lot.

Know nothing more about the hair removal, I just shave it and idgaf about the rash. Not a competitor tho

An update; I didn’t find other alternatives than to start laser hair removal treatment. So far I’ve had two sessions and hopefully it will turn out as well invested $$.

I'm sure you'll be very happy with the results! If they didn't provide you numbing cream, I recommend you to buy some yourself and apply before you go. After you have applied the cream, cover the area with thin plastic film so it won't get off and on to your clothes. Not to scare you, but they usually have to turn the laser up.

NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by karengoesbikini View Post
    I'm sure you'll be very happy with the results! If they didn't provide you numbing cream, I recommend you to buy some yourself and apply before you go. After you have applied the cream, cover the area with thin plastic film so it won't get off and on to your clothes. Not to scare you, but they usually have to turn the laser up.
    Since I do mine at home, I use ice gel packs then zap and repeat. Makes it almost painless. That said, you will eventually get regrowth of hair. At that point I'd suggest waxing. It's less painful and takes a few minutes.
    I am one of the 3%.
    I am one of the 1 in 8.
    www.metavivor.org
    www.metavivor.org/take-action/why-we-need-you

Originally Posted by NerdyLady View Post
    Since I do mine at home, I use ice gel packs then zap and repeat. Makes it almost painless. That said, you will eventually get regrowth of hair. At that point I'd suggest waxing. It's less painful and takes a few minutes.
    The professional machines they use at clinics are way stronger than the home devices. That means they also produces more heat => potential pain. They usually have a device blowing cold air directly onto you treated skin, but to minimize the discomfort numbing cream is commonly used.

Did you get any kind of anesthesia or numbing cream?

Why just not call the spray tan provider, they most likely have an answer
    No, but I did use it the last time, was less painful this time.

I did, and it seems like I’m ok as long as it’s a couple of days in between

xMartha01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can I ask for a new update? I’m reading this thread with great interest as I plan to get laser in the near future as well.

Originally Posted by xMartha01 View Post
    Can I ask for a new update? I’m reading this thread with great interest as I plan to get laser in the near future as well.
    Sure girl!

Three treatments this far, so only one after my last post here. I had to abandon the schedule a while late autumn when I had to hit the tanning bed for a while etc in my competition preps.

However, I have now just had my third session and I’ve also started treatment for my entire legs and arms as well. So, now I’ve had 3 treatments for the Brazilian and one for legs&arms.

What can I say, well I’m very satisfied this far! Of course I’ll have to get probably at least 6 treatments totally to finish but when I did compete before Christmas, I already noticed remarkably less issues when I shaved my problem areas! Almost no rash at all, it was a blast to experience that so quickly!