Reply
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Registered User GlamLfter's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Age: 49
    Posts: 9
    Rep Power: 0
    GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    GlamLfter is offline

    Shaving and waxing, rash in the "rear dep." Warning TMI!

    Hey there! First I’m sorry this is going to be long, but the here’s the story..

    I compete in Bikini and while it may seem kind of glamorous from the outside, it definitely has some "not-so-glamourous-issues" related, one which I think is butt crack hair removal. You may either laugh or gross out, but its a fact you can't get passed.
    I’m now at a level where nearly all of my competitors wears the tiniest of the Pro-suits. As you probably know, those suits don’t cover much in the "rear department" so to speak.. So to do the mandatory poses, you actually need look really good in that mentioned area as well as in between your legs. Thing is, even though I’m not specifically hairy, I do get all kinds of bad rash, so I always need to wear a bikini with a bit more rear cover. If I shave it turns out as a total disaster area with bumps and rash. (Removing hair in the frontal area isn’t without trouble but it’s not worse than I’ve been able to cover it up with make up so far.)
    Waxing isn’t much better either, for my last competition I decided to try waxing instead. And yes, I did start out well in advance as I was recommended to let the area getting used to wax, but after 3 waxing times, I had way to much rash still so it seems wax doesn’t work for me either.

    So, is my only really good option laser? I was hoping not to get into that because I wanted to spend all that money on other things, but I’m of course open to it if that’s my only option.
    And just to emphasize, this has been a struggle for me for a couple of years, ever since I started competing. It really doesn’t look like something that will "work out over time". I’m tired of being told that anyway!

    And please don't think it doesn't matter, no one sees those details etc etc... Because it does matter greatly today, not just for the good self-esteem, but the fact that today we are photographed with extremely high resolution cameras and video cameras where you actually can see everything.
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2015
    Location: California, United States
    Age: 34
    Posts: 3,021
    Rep Power: 9456
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Fiction2Fitness is offline
    I don't know about hair removal options. However, have you tried using something like a little A&D ointment to help with rash situation? It helps for babies with diaper rash. I've used it even when my belly button gets irritated with how my skin on my stomach is. So, that's about all I can recommend.
    Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

    Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User GlamLfter's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Age: 49
    Posts: 9
    Rep Power: 0
    GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    GlamLfter is offline
    Originally Posted by Fiction2Fitness View Post
    I don't know about hair removal options. However, have you tried using something like a little A&D ointment to help with rash situation? It helps for babies with diaper rash. I've used it even when my belly button gets irritated with how my skin on my stomach is. So, that's about all I can recommend.
    Funny you mention that, but it was the first thing my coach told me to try! I didn't see much of an improvement though, been trough a variety of anti ingrown creams etc etc (anti bacterial), nothing seems to work for me..
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2015
    Location: California, United States
    Age: 34
    Posts: 3,021
    Rep Power: 9456
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Fiction2Fitness is offline
    Not sure what else to suggest since the ointment works for me with rashes. Only other things that come to mind are either one of the hemorrhoid creams, which are more geared towards that area, or getting a prescription for a topical like mupirocin.
    Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

    Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Registered User GlamLfter's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Age: 49
    Posts: 9
    Rep Power: 0
    GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    GlamLfter is offline
    Originally Posted by Fiction2Fitness View Post
    Not sure what else to suggest since the ointment works for me with rashes. Only other things that come to mind are either one of the hemorrhoid creams, which are more geared towards that area, or getting a prescription for a topical like mupirocin.
    As I mentioned, I do consider a full laser hair removal treatment, if that's the only really good solution for me. So it would be nice to hear experiences from those who have had laser!
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Registered User Lunu's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2010
    Location: Melbourne, VIC, Australia
    Posts: 5,151
    Rep Power: 11098
    Lunu is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lunu is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lunu is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lunu is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lunu is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lunu is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lunu is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lunu is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lunu is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lunu is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Lunu is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Lunu is offline
    What about hair removal creams for sensitive skin? That eliminated the problem for me in the bikini area. I break out in a rash with shaving and wax also...
    "Training of all kinds provides a natural high that improves mood, 'tude ;) , health, happiness and....hotness :D What's not to love?"

    Instagram: @LucyLauriePT

    If you'd like to listen to one of my tracks, you can here: https://www.reverbnation.com/Lunu/song/618085-shake-it-up
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Registered User GlamLfter's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Age: 49
    Posts: 9
    Rep Power: 0
    GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    GlamLfter is offline
    Originally Posted by Lunu View Post
    What about hair removal creams for sensitive skin? That eliminated the problem for me in the bikini area. I break out in a rash with shaving and wax also...
    Thanks, but I've tried 2 different types but I got very sore after using both..
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    Registered User air2fakie's Avatar
    Join Date: Jul 2019
    Age: 49
    Posts: 248
    Rep Power: 206
    air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    air2fakie is online now
    Originally Posted by GlamLfter View Post
    Thanks, but I've tried 2 different types but I got very sore after using both..
    This is a bit out of my element so feel free to ignore, but I dated someone who had a similar issue as you (although not a bodybuilder or bikini competitor). She used a nose/eyebrow trimmer thingy for that sensitive rear area in case you want to give that a try.
    Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    Registered User jay283's Avatar
    Join Date: May 2012
    Posts: 2,832
    Rep Power: 584
    jay283 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay283 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay283 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay283 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay283 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay283 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay283 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay283 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay283 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay283 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jay283 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    jay283 is offline
    I have similar issues, I realised most of the issues were related to the type of blade. The more expensive the razor the less irritation. I think laser would be a good option. Plucking would be the best way but unfortunately not doable. Your cheapest bet would be those shaverless creams but do not leave on for more than 5 mins and make sure your brown hole is cover as well as your lady parts. Very risky that one.

    Personal advice, buy those expensive razors for men that give a close shave and put petroleum jelly on the area immediately afterward. Do not use soap, soap will cause an irritation or rash.
    “With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world."
    Reply With Quote

  10. #10
    Registered User MrsRage's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2018
    Posts: 13
    Rep Power: 0
    MrsRage has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    MrsRage is offline
    I’m in no way an expert in this subject, but competing over several years have taught me the following:
    - If you shave or wax, do it on a full regular basis, not just in panic every time you compete.
    - Laser is supposed to be superb as long as it works for you! I haven’t done it myself yet, probably I will soon, but from what I’ve heard, it’s really really great.

    To me, it seems like laser would definitely save you for a ton of issues regarding hair removal. And it’s supposed to be especially good for those intimate and rather sensitive areas where waxing and shaving often cause issues.
    However, I guess laser have some limitations on what hair color it will work on etc etc.

    If it could make you feel better, I can tell you that you’re not the only one struggling with hair removal. Last time I participated in a posing seminar, we had a long session on this subject, especially the issues arising when suits gets Pro-like tiny. Laser was the really big thing, many had done it, some were undergoing treatment and I guess the rest of us wanted it.

    I’m a lucky girl in this way, I just shave and it looks good. However, I will have laser maybe early next year. The thought of always being hair free without having to shave or wax all the time is very tempting.
    Reply With Quote

  11. #11
    Registered User GlamLfter's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Age: 49
    Posts: 9
    Rep Power: 0
    GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GlamLfter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    GlamLfter is offline
    Originally Posted by jay283 View Post
    I have similar issues, I realised most of the issues were related to the type of blade. The more expensive the razor the less irritation. I think laser would be a good option. Plucking would be the best way but unfortunately not doable. Your cheapest bet would be those shaverless creams but do not leave on for more than 5 mins and make sure your brown hole is cover as well as your lady parts. Very risky that one.

    Personal advice, buy those expensive razors for men that give a close shave and put petroleum jelly on the area immediately afterward. Do not use soap, soap will cause an irritation or rash.
    Thanks! Yeah, the trick using razors for men is tried out.

    Originally Posted by MrsRage View Post
    I’m in no way an expert in this subject, but competing over several years have taught me the following:
    - If you shave or wax, do it on a full regular basis, not just in panic every time you compete.
    - Laser is supposed to be superb as long as it works for you! I haven’t done it myself yet, probably I will soon, but from what I’ve heard, it’s really really great.

    To me, it seems like laser would definitely save you for a ton of issues regarding hair removal. And it’s supposed to be especially good for those intimate and rather sensitive areas where waxing and shaving often cause issues.
    However, I guess laser have some limitations on what hair color it will work on etc etc.

    If it could make you feel better, I can tell you that you’re not the only one struggling with hair removal. Last time I participated in a posing seminar, we had a long session on this subject, especially the issues arising when suits gets Pro-like tiny. Laser was the really big thing, many had done it, some were undergoing treatment and I guess the rest of us wanted it.

    I’m a lucky girl in this way, I just shave and it looks good. However, I will have laser maybe early next year. The thought of always being hair free without having to shave or wax all the time is very tempting.
    Thank you for sharing! I definitely have to look into laser! I have dark hair so presumably I'm a candidate
    Reply With Quote

  12. #12
    Registered User karengoesbikini's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2018
    Age: 49
    Posts: 8
    Rep Power: 0
    karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    karengoesbikini is offline
    Originally Posted by MrsRage View Post

    To me, it seems like laser would definitely save you for a ton of issues regarding hair removal. And it’s supposed to be especially good for those intimate and rather sensitive areas where waxing and shaving often cause issues.
    However, I guess laser have some limitations on what hair color it will work on etc etc.
    Yes, laser solves what is a big problem for many competitors.

    And yes, it does work well on the lady parts as well! However, the skin is usually very sensitive in those areas and they might struggle a little to actually find the correct setting on the laser to burn the follicles but at the same time not burning you too bad(!).

    Hurts like hell! But I’m hairless so I don’t complain
    Reply With Quote

  13. #13
    Registered User karengoesbikini's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2018
    Age: 49
    Posts: 8
    Rep Power: 0
    karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10) karengoesbikini is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    karengoesbikini is offline
    As long as you’re a good laser candidate, I’d definitely recommend it!
    Last edited by karengoesbikini; 08-16-2019 at 01:16 PM.
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts