Registered User HardGainerLife1's Avatar
    HardGainerLife1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Started training arms while at Work 3 times a week need advice?

Hi,

First off bit of background on me been training on/off for 4 years took time out and recently returned about a year ago. Muscle memory has basically shot me back to where I was within first 4 months and I have also burst past my previous physique only issue I am facing is my arms seem to be lagging as a hard gainer I have tried a multitude of workouts for mass gaining I settled on repetitions of between 8- 12 using a relatively heavy weight but not so heavy I have to cheat the reps. Eventually even after mixing up sets and adding supersets my arms have plateaued so I started training them during my morning break at work we have a gym here mainly focusing on the outer head of the biceps and the tricep as I hadn't previously hit the outer head of the bicep when I trained before returning to the gym.

Basically what I wanted to know was in hitting these parts of the arm 3 times a week in short burts of 25 minutes will this help to grow my arms in the long run or will this just
    cause undue strain on the muscle impeding growth?

Thanks in advance.

n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250) n64bomb has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Are your arms lagging or is your whole body lagging due to not using an actual program? Being a hardgainer must be hard...
    Ignore List

GregStren90
    health4life24
    LukeEverhart
    jeremybra

Registered User HardGainerLife1's Avatar
    HardGainerLife1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by n64bomb View Post
    Are your arms lagging or is your whole body lagging due to not using an actual program? Being a hardgainer must be hard...
    My arms are lagging along with my delts but I am focusing on my arms at this time.

Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Training arms 3x a week is fine, I recommend supersetting biceps with triceps.
    Also barbell cheat curls can help, as long as you only cheat on the last few reps and then slowly controlled let the weights down focussing on the negatives.
    But overall, form is everything.
    Squeeze the biceps at the top.
    Always do full range of motion.
    Cobra Kai never dies!

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Weekly volume is what you want to look at so 3x a week is fine and actually beneficial just keep overall weekly sets to around 20
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough