Kingi82 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

alternatives to grow thinkness in back

need help!

Im a pro wrestler that has wear and tear on my neck, heavy horizontal rows cause this neck issue to flare up(basically when i start to build muscle between my shoulder blades it causes a nerve impingement meaning i cant move my head for an extended period) it last happened in feb, ive avoided heavy horizontal row and its been fine but im lacking in thickness in my upper back now.... anyone experienced this or know any alternatives to help me build some thinkess? corner rows, t bar rows and bent over rows i cant progressively overload... thanks

BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Bent over side raises might build your mid back a bit without bulking the lats too much. Rhomboids, teres etc, they're not very big but probably will help.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you have a chest supported row bench try shrugs on it (no elbow bend).
    Other options may be the "bat wing row"exercise.
    Do a search for it,a favorite of coach Dan John for the area your trying to focus on.

supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Kingi82 View Post
    need help!

Im a pro wrestler that has wear and tear on my neck, heavy horizontal rows cause this neck issue to flare up(basically when i start to build muscle between my shoulder blades it causes a nerve impingement meaning i cant move my head for an extended period) it last happened in feb, ive avoided heavy horizontal row and its been fine but im lacking in thickness in my upper back now.... anyone experienced this or know any alternatives to help me build some thinkess? corner rows, t bar rows and bent over rows i cant progressively overload... thanks
    Upper back thickness? It's hard to beat power cleans and snatch grip high pulls, but I don't think you should do them. Try a strict muscle snatch.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

It's easy to not be afraid of tigers when you're sitting in your living room watching a television program about tigers. When you're in the jungle where the tigers are, it's quite a different story.

Kingi82 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    Upper back thickness? It's hard to beat power cleans and snatch grip high pulls, but I don't think you should do them. Try a strict muscle snatch.
    ok havent looked at clean and snatch work, worth a go thanks