View Poll Results: Form good or bad?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Form good

0 0%
  • Form bad

0 0%

Thread: Deadlift 365

regmann is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Deadlift 365

Form check me. Any advice? How do I look? What would you work on regarding entire physique? See any weak areas? Any advice of any kind appreciated.

You’ll have to search vid on YouTube because I can’t create links yet.

Search deadlift 365 - form check me

ChangeOfStyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangeOfStyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangeOfStyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangeOfStyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangeOfStyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangeOfStyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangeOfStyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangeOfStyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangeOfStyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangeOfStyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangeOfStyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you need help, don't hesitate to reach out. Let's have a chat.

jk202 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jk202 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jk202 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jk202 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jk202 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jk202 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jk202 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jk202 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jk202 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jk202 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jk202 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lift looked good from that angle, and it looked like you had plenty more. Biggest thing you can work on from what i saw is mindset. You definitely let the lift get in your head. Of course it's going to feel heavy AF, but you need to take your mind to a place and just fukin smash it man.
    Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177337211&p=1583746781#post1583746781
    Insta: https://www.instagram.com/fitted_sheetz/

Originally Posted by jk202 View Post
    Lift looked good from that angle, and it looked like you had plenty more. Biggest thing you can work on from what i saw is mindset. You definitely let the lift get in your head. Of course it's going to feel heavy AF, but you need to take your mind to a place and just fukin smash it man.
    This is great advice. Thanks a lot, man. Repped you both!

I could do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Good enough I'd say.

As mentioned, mindset. Pull and don't stop. If you fail or bail on an attempt like that, let go and reset entirely.

Don't talk to yourself it's going to end up messing up your valsalva.
    Controlled Labs Rep
    nathan @ controlledlabs.com

supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by regmann View Post
    Form check me. Any advice? How do I look? What would you work on regarding entire physique? See any weak areas? Any advice of any kind appreciated.

Looked okay. I always sugest starting the movement with the ass pushing back horizontally. When Ronnie Coleman lifted ungodly weights, as he approached the bar, he'd repeat "light weight-light weight-light weight".
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

It's easy to not be afraid of tigers when you're sitting in your living room watching a television program about tigers. When you're in the jungle where the tigers are, it's quite a different story.

blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000) blazy4lyfe is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by regmann View Post

Started off looking okay but as soon as you started, your hips started going up while the barbell is still on the floor. It's a sign you're just leg pressing without not actively trying to maintain torso angle, and trying to counterbalance by leading with your upper back, either that or you just couldn't do it because it was too heavy. If done right, then at 0:14, the bar is actually supposed to be at or close to the bottom of your knee caps. By the time you got to where you're supposed to be it was already mid to late 0:15. Basically it was more of a stiff leg deadlift or good morning rather than a conventional. When it comes to conventional deadlift, your hips and the bar needs to move at the same time, and if stalled, both should be stalled as well. Hip hinge looks okay from this angle though.

Originally Posted by Farley1324 View Post
    Good enough I'd say.

As mentioned, mindset. Pull and don't stop. If you fail or bail on an attempt like that, let go and reset entirely.

Don't talk to yourself it's going to end up messing up your valsalva.
    Thank you. You’re right about that.

Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    Looked okay. I always sugest starting the movement with the ass pushing back horizontally. When Ronnie Coleman lifted ungodly weights, as he approached the bar, he'd repeat "light weight-light weight-light weight".

Trying to learn hip placement

So true. Hips shot up. I’m trying to figure out how bad this is. I think it is because I struggle to use leg drive in the lift. My entire back is so sore but I was also doing pull ups. Lower back and mid upper back is more sore than it has been in a year or so. Feels like just muscle soreness though. I guess next DL day I will really try hard to get the hips in the right spot during the pull. I think I need to slightly bend my knee when going up so that I can activate my hams and flutes, almost kind of like butt winking on the way up as in that position I can feel ham and flute activation. Any thoughts? This is something I’ve been working on for quite a while, fixing hips shooting up. I’ve been called out on it multiple times over the years in the gym.

Originally Posted by blazy4lyfe View Post
    Started off looking okay but as soon as you started, your hips started going up while the barbell is still on the floor. It's a sign you're just leg pressing without not actively trying to maintain torso angle, and trying to counterbalance by leading with your upper back, either that or you just couldn't do it because it was too heavy. If done right, then at 0:14, the bar is actually supposed to be at or close to the bottom of your knee caps. By the time you got to where you're supposed to be it was already mid to late 0:15. Basically it was more of a stiff leg deadlift or good morning rather than a conventional. When it comes to conventional deadlift, your hips and the bar needs to move at the same time, and if stalled, both should be stalled as well. Hip hinge looks okay from this angle though.
    Meant to reply to you in previous message.