JuniperThaGoat is on a distinguished road. (+10)

New Journey Started (and my big eff you to taco tuesdays)

Hello, my name is Jasmine. I am 5'8, 23 y.o and ~357 pounds. This is around the same weight I was in middle school. I was 355. I have been as high as 415 (the first time I have admitted that) though I didn't stay there long, and as low as 305.

I am doing OMAD as it is legitimately the easiest thing for me to do. For the last couple of weeks I get off of working ~ 4p and go to the gstore and cook.

Today I bought 1.06 lb ground beef (75%)
    a tomato, sour cream, and romaine lettuce mix (since I know iceberg is basically just water)

Thus, I made tacos on a Monday . Jokes on me though, because I will be eating leftovers tomorrow.
    A ate a bit less than half the taco mix. Added some chopped t and onion. A bit of the romaine mix and a literal 'dollop of daisy'

I also made a watermelon smoothie. I used about two cups of watermelon and about a half cup of vanilla almond milk.

I think that comes in a little low, but I'm not too concerned about it until I become more active. I have been educating myself on weightloss and lifestyle changes, etc. I'm pretty well versed, but have obviously failed to put it into action.

In the past, I have tried to do this all by myself, and in secret. This has always backfired and I wanted to finally do something different.

My goal is to walk to work tomorrow morning. It's 3.1 miles from my house. It should be easy in theory, as I trekked all around Mexico this summer, a little more than that multiple times this week.

The hard part is getting out of bed at 6:30a. I don't have to be to work until 9a so my routine is normally having to forcefully pull myself out of bed at ~8:30. I am chronically late for work.

I know if I'm going to make any lasting change, I need to kill the girl that stays in bed 'til the last minute. I am hoping that reaching out will help me with accountability. I was wearing women's size 16 in third grade, so I have literally no concept of what I would even look like at a healthy weight, but I have been at a standstill for far too long. My goal is to do the exact opposite of everything I've done in the past, so here I am.

ETA: I waited to long to do this, and I need to get to bed ASAP. I decided I will read the responses in the morning when my alarm goes off. It hit me a couple of days ago, that despite anything this is going to suck. Waking up so early is going to absolutely ****ing suck. Being exposed to the elements that early is going to ****ing suck, but I shouldn't be afraid of the suck, the suck is the point. I'm hoping your responses activate something in early morning Jasmine, because tbh she doesn't gaf about evening Jasmine goals, hopes and dreams. Her ass just wants curl up in the bed.

ChangeOfStyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangeOfStyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangeOfStyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangeOfStyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangeOfStyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangeOfStyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangeOfStyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangeOfStyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangeOfStyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangeOfStyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ChangeOfStyle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Listen close, what you're doing right now is the most respectable, admirable action that you can do for yourself in your whole life because you looked at yourself in the mirror and said ''F*** this. I'm going to make a change right now and no one is going to stop me'' so props to you for starting to begin with. In regards to your feelings towards waking up early in the morning, it's going to feel like chit for a while but once you actually get into the flow of it (in saying you actually get some proper sleep first) then it's going to feel really enlightening for you especially when it comes to your mental state. You will wake up in the morning with a new perspective and you'll feel really good about it.

You already took the first big step by actually acknowledging that you'd like to change your life around. Now it's time to put plan into action and take the next step by acting on your plan.

Make sure that your first goal is attainable and not something that you'll regret trying to accomplish the first time you try it; it needs to be something hard but possible and something that shows that you're willing to put the commitment in to accomplish that reach that goal so you can then produce another goal that you can strive for. Don't flood yourself with trying to change many things at once because you will get overwhelmed, start with one thing and then gradually move on to the next at your own pace.

In regards to your nutrition; there are tons of stickies in the nutrition section on threads about losing weight that you can get alot of information on so if you're not as knowledgeable in the field of nutrition, brush up on it and make up a plan as to how you'd like to go about in your nutrition on a daily basis.

You're going to get tired, you're going to sweat and you're definitely going to dread this but understand this is all for a point; this is for the point of improving your physical and mental state to make you a healthier, happier and better person then you were yesterday.

You have the capability, it's only willingness to put in the effort that matters now.

You can do this Jasmine, no one's going to stop you unless you stop yourself.
    If you need help, don't hesitate to reach out. Let's have a chat.

Stats;

Height: 5'10 (Can't seem to change it on my profile. Hmu if you know why)
    Weight: 72kg [159lb]

Bench: 220x4
    Squat: 176x5
    Deadlift: 308x1, 242x5

NotSuperWoman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi Jasmine!

I want you to know that we are all so proud of you!

You have taken a very important first step. Now you have to keep taking that important step each day.

Yes getting out of bed is hard. I totally understand. But you will feel so much better knowing your workout is done for the day and you have already accomplished so much already in the day.

I know that only 1 meal a day for you is easier. However as you get farther in the journey, try to work in two meals a day..... then 3 meals, etc. Try meal prepping for the day and carrying your meals with you in a well insulated 6 pack or 12 pack cooler.

You can do this! And you DON'T HAVE TO DO THIS ALONE! There is a strong community here for you.

Congratulations on your first day to a better life!

rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rawcuz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Fantastic to see you have started your journey. Look forward to your progress. The best thing about health and fitness is it is something you can control. Best of luck.