Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Arrow Health Benefits of BCAAs

Supplements containing BCAAs, or branched-chain amino acids, are popular with bodybuilders and athletes for boosting muscle growth and performance. Limited research suggests that BCAAs may also have some other health benefits.
    BCAAs are essential amino acids. The three BCAAs are leucine, isoleucine, and valine.

The body uses amino acids to make proteins, which are the building blocks of every cell, tissue, and organ. Amino acids and proteins also play a crucial role in metabolism.

There are 20 amino acids, of which nine are essential. The body cannot make essential amino acids, so a person needs to get them from their diet.

In this article, we discuss some potential health benefits of BCAAs. We also describe sources of these amino acids and possible risks.

Exercise performance

Woman using BCAAs supplement running on racing track.
    BCAA supplements may help improve exercise performance.
    Taking BCAA supplements may help reduce exercise fatigue and improve endurance.

In a 2013 study involving 26 college-age males, researchers randomly assigned participants to groups. One group took a BCAA supplement and the other a placebo. The team then asked the participants to cycle to exhaustion.

The researchers found that during the cycling, blood levels of serotonin were lower in the participants who took BCAA. Serotonin is an important brain chemical that also plays a role in exercise fatigue.

BCAA supplementation also improved energy metabolism and lowered levels of substances that indicate muscle damage, such as creatine kinase and lactate dehydrogenase.

The researchers concluded that BCAA can improve exercise performance.

Lean muscle mass

According to the authors of a study from 2009, BCAA supplementation can also help improve lean mass and decrease the percentage of body fat.

The study involved 36 strength-trained males who had practiced resistance training for at least 2 years.

The participants underwent an 8-week resistance-training program, and the researchers randomly assigned them to groups. Each received either:

14 grams (g) of BCAAs
    28 g of whey protein
    28 g of carbohydrates from a sports drink
    The researchers found that the participants who took BCAAs had a more significant decrease in body fat and a greater increase in lean mass, compared with the other groups.

Muscle mass during illness

BCAAs, particularly leucine, may help maintain muscle mass in people with chronic conditions.

According to a 2012 review, a variety of illnesses can affect protein synthesis, which can lead to a loss of body protein and skeletal muscle mass.

The authors found evidence that a high-protein diet that provides additional leucine can help maintain muscle mass in people with chronic diseases such as cancer.

Muscle damage

Man doing high intensity interval training or exercise with ropes in gym with personal trainer
    According to studies, BCAA supplements may help limit muscle damage during intense exercise.
    A 2017 systematic review found some evidence that BCAA supplementation can help reduce the muscle damage that occurs during high-intensity exercise. However, the authors caution that the evidence base was limited to one small study and that confirming these findings will require more research.

Results of a small study from 2013 show that adult male participants who took a BCAA supplement during exercise had lower blood levels of substances that indicate muscle damage than those who took a placebo.

The researchers concluded that BCAA supplementation may reduce muscle damage after endurance exercises.

Consecutive-day sprint performance

A 2015 study investigated the effects of combined BCAA and arginine supplementation on intermittent sprint performance over 2 consecutive days. Arginine is another type of amino acid.

The study involved 7 females and 15 males who had competed at a national or international level in handball. The participants played simulated handball games over 2 consecutive days.

The researchers found that intermittent sprint performance on the second day was significantly better in the athletes who had taken the supplement, compared with those who had taken the placebo.

The authors concluded that their results could have "significant practical applications" for athletes who have to compete on consecutive days.

powered by Rubicon Project

Liver disease

BCAA supplementation may benefit people with liver disease.

In a 2017 study, researchers randomly assigned participants with advanced liver cirrhosis into groups. For at least 6 months, each group consumed either BCAAs daily or a diet without BCAAs.

Over 2 years, Model for End-Stage Liver Disease (MELD) test scores improved significantly among participants who consumed BCAAs, compared with those who did not.

Doctors calculate MELD scores by measuring levels of certain substances in the blood, such as creatinine and bilirubin. They use the resulting score to help determine how close a person is to having liver failure.

The authors concluded that long-term BCAA supplementation has beneficial effects in people with advanced liver cirrhosis and that understanding these effects will require further research.

Another study from 2017 also found that BCCA supplementation improved low muscle strength among people with liver cirrhosis. The researchers assessed muscle strength by testing each participant's hand grip.

Sources

BCAAs are essential amino acids, which means that the body cannot make them. However, a wide variety of foods contain BCAAs, and most people can get enough by eating a protein-rich diet.

BCAAs are present in:

meat, poultry, and fish
    eggs
    dairy products, such as milk and cheese
    nuts and seeds
    soy products, such as tofu and tempeh
    legumes, including beans, peas, and lentils
    Also, many health and fitness stores sell BCAA supplements, and a person can purchase them online.

Dosage

There is no officially recommended BCAA dosage. Depending on the desired benefit, studies have used different dosages of these supplements.

Before taking a BCAA supplement, read the label and follow the manufacturer's recommendations carefully.

Side effects and risks

A link may exist between high BCAA levels and type 2 diabetes.
    A link may exist between high BCAA levels and type 2 diabetes.
    BCAA supplements are generally safe if a person follows the manufacturer's instructions and does not exceed the maximum stated dosage.

However, anyone who experiences serious side effects should stop taking the supplement and consult their doctor.

Some research suggests that there may be a link between BCAAs and certain diseases, including:

Diabetes. Research indicates that increased BCAA levels may be markers of type 2 diabetes. However, it is not clear whether they are involved in developing insulin resistance.
    Liver problems. According to a 2016 study, there is an association between high levels of BCAAs and nonalcoholic liver disease and liver injury.
    Cancer. Some research has suggested a link between BCAA metabolism and cancer. According to a 2018 review, BCAAs are "essential nutrients for cancer growth," and tumors use them as a source of energy.
    Heart disease. Another 2018 review suggests that high levels of BCAAs may be a marker for heart diseases.

I look forward to your thoughts...

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/324605.php
    alienshave.com - Shave Smarter

steve@alienshave.com

BMBC - Master Level - Worldwide

Original 999,999k Crew

BCAAs Bring all the Boys to the Yard

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Thanks for this.

I’ve always been a fan of a good citrus BCAA drink intra workout (despite all the nay sayers). Hoping to give some EAA drinks a chance in the future.

I recently got two tubs of BCAAs from Xtend as a sample, and combined with the 2 half tubs I already had, I found myself rich with BCAAs. So I’ve been not only drinking one with my workout, but also taking one to work (an outdoor physical labor job) to help with hydration. I’ve definitely noticed an improvement in my feeling of wellbeing.

I think the problem people have with BCAA supplementation is there aren’t immediate tangible benefits. They don’t feel amped like they do with a pre, or full like they do with protein powder. Sometimes you have to sit back and look at the big picture.

I am curious what constitutes “high BCAA levels” when it comes to diabetes? Would a person on a healthy modest diet (with the 1 gram per pound of bodyweight), who lives an active lifestyle, exercises regularly, and supplements with BCAAs really even have to worry? Or is this one of those tests where they pumped rats with 20 times the recommended dose?

Anyhoo...I plan to keep trying new BCAA and EAA products as they do contribute to my feeling healthier and having more productive workouts...especially as I age.

ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Just recently bought BCAA'S and I actually thought it was like a normal drink that you can keep sipping on but I seem to always finish it before one of my exercises are even done. I'm in it for the long term effects and this article is pretty informative about that so thanks.
    if you need someone to chat with, don't hesitate to shoot me a PM.

sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sloop has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TheFugitive View Post

Lean muscle mass

According to the authors of a study from 2009, BCAA supplementation can also help improve lean mass and decrease the percentage of body fat.

The study involved 36 strength-trained males who had practiced resistance training for at least 2 years.

The participants underwent an 8-week resistance-training program, and the researchers randomly assigned them to groups. Each received either:

14 grams (g) of BCAAs
    28 g of whey protein
    28 g of carbohydrates from a sports drink
    The researchers found that the participants who took BCAAs had a more significant decrease in body fat and a greater increase in lean mass, compared with the other groups.
    2009? Is this the study Scivation did a decade ago?

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...3689801&page=1

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...3690001&page=1

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...2989201&page=1

VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Studies dont mean anything.
    I got no strings to hold me down
    To make me fret or make me frown
    I had strings, but now I'm free
    I got no strings on me

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by VaughnTrue View Post
    Studies dont mean anything.
    Yep. This has always been true. Poor test conditions, regulations, subjects, lengths, supervision...all leading to predetermined desired results.

That’s why I try things I’m interested in and decide on my own if I’m getting any positive benifits.

VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VaughnTrue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by grubman View Post
    Yep. This has always been true. Poor test conditions, regulations, subjects, lengths, supervision...all leading to predetermined desired results.

That’s why I try things I’m interested in and decide on my own if I’m getting any positive benifits.
    i seem to have forgotten my sarcasm font my bad y'all
    I got no strings on me

i seem to have forgotten my sarcasm font my bad y'all
    Well, you weren’t wrong. You have to separate the ton of BS studies from the reliable ones. Most people only read the cliff notes and don’t delve into the full study to find out its value (or lack of value).

Originally Posted by grubman View Post
    Well, you weren’t wrong. You have to separate the ton of BS studies from the reliable ones. Most people only read the cliff notes and don’t delve into the full study to find out its value (or lack of value).
    yes, there is nonsense out there but there is also good and reliable data.

The data TheHuge posts is nonsense that he attempts to spew for no reason other than the fact that it gets "internet points" from the fanboys and he enjoys the drama that surrounds him
    I got no strings on me

TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheFugitive has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ChangeOfStyle View Post
    Just recently bought BCAA'S and I actually thought it was like a normal drink that you can keep sipping on but I seem to always finish it before one of my exercises are even done. I'm in it for the long term effects and this article is pretty informative about that so thanks.
    Get them in quickly so your body can utilize them

steve@alienshave.com

Original 999,999k Crew

Get them in quickly so your body can utilize them
    speed chugging ftw
    I got no strings on me

compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Sources

BCAAs are essential amino acids, which means that the body cannot make them. However, a wide variety of foods contain BCAAs, and most people can get enough by eating a protein-rich diet.

BCAAs are present in:

meat, poultry, and fish
    eggs
    nuts and seeds
    Also, many health and fitness stores sell BCAA supplements, and a person can purchase them online.
    Interesting how they list out all these foods before even mentioning supplements. It's almost as if they are trying to say you should get them from food?

Also watch out for the potential diabetes, liver problems, cancer and heart disease.

BenBlue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BenBlue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BenBlue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BenBlue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BenBlue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BenBlue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BenBlue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BenBlue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BenBlue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BenBlue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BenBlue has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    And still.....there is no need to supplement w BCAAs.
    Squat and Deadlift

speed chugging ftw
    Sip quick and enjoy

Originally Posted by compan View Post
    Interesting how they list out all these foods before even mentioning supplements. It's almost as if they are trying to say you should get them from food?

Also watch out for the potential diabetes, liver problems, cancer and heart disease.
    BCAAs are instant where as foods are prolonged, I find a combination of both beneficial

And only in CA do those potential problems occur

steve@alienshave.com

Original 999,999k Crew

compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sip quick and enjoy

BCAAs are instant where as foods are prolonged, I find a combination of both beneficial
    But what if my body thinks they are food because I have a diet rich in duck feathers?

Originally Posted by compan View Post
    But what if my body thinks they are food because I have a diet rich in duck feathers?
    Your body will utilize the free form aminos instantly, quack quack

steve@alienshave.com

Original 999,999k Crew

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    BCAAs are present in:

meat, poultry, and fish
    eggs
    nuts and seeds
    Thus, if I'm meeting my macro with these sources of protein, I'm getting plenty of leucine, isoleucine, valine and other amino acids.

Forget science brahs, experience and "feelz" are what matters. Just try it.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic

Originally Posted by lucia316 View Post
    Thus, if I'm meeting my macro with these sources of protein, I'm getting plenty of leucine, isoleucine, valine and other amino acids.

Forget science brahs, experience and "feelz" are what matters. Just try it.
    Post #16. Start sipping and stop chewing

steve@alienshave.com

Original 999,999k Crew

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Post #16. Start sipping and stop chewing
    What about it? It's still inaccurate and pointless.

As stated multiple times. Unless you're fasting >24 hours (or more), your body is still digesting food and delivering nutrients (eg amino acids) to your system. You don't need to intake free-form amino acids, nor will the be used "instantly" versus the amino acids already in your system.

Failed logic is still failed. Saying it over and over again doesn't make it true nor change digestion.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic

It's pronounced gif eatyourspinach's Avatar
    eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Is there anything BCAAs cant do?!
    My secret? Texting between sets.

Originally Posted by eatyourspinach View Post
    A BCAA enriched body wash is our next move. Amino Wash is coming

steve@alienshave.com

Original 999,999k Crew

It's pronounced gif eatyourspinach's Avatar
    eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    A BCAA enriched body wash is our next move. Amino Wash is coming
    You should make a shampoo for hair growth
    My secret? Texting between sets.

You should make a shampoo for hair growth
    Body, face and hair

steve@alienshave.com

Original 999,999k Crew

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Bcaa's are Godsend no doubt about it. I frst used my first ON powder in 2002 when it had no flavoring. Ive been using non-stop for ten years. Theyre no miracle supplement but if I can have two pounds of muscle in my desired places ill take it. I dont take them as much as I used to. During 2012 contest season I was taking 50 grams a day. I do think they can mess with insulin if drinking them all day or taking them every hour, but I think short term is fine to do this , if needed. Intra training are useful. Lots of studies to show they work .
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

Virus and BS Free Jeff the Repper's Avatar
    Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jeff the Repper has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Save you money?
    BS and Virus free

So I think I am finally coming around to Fug's viewpoint.

I had BJJ and then a late hockey game on Monday so of course yesterday I was tired. Still wanted to get a lift in though. So I find an old tub of Swolemate and try it out for the feels. 1 scoop in the shaker, 1 scoop mixed into a paste and applied transdermally to my chest (chest day) and half a scoop nose-beer'd right before. I gotta say, I felt the difference.

Weighed myself this morning, what do you know I'm a full pound heavier.

Originally Posted by JohnSmeton View Post
    Bcaa's are Godsend no doubt about it. I frst used my first ON powder in 2002 when it had no flavoring. Ive been using non-stop for ten years. Theyre no miracle supplement but if I can have two pounds of muscle in my desired places ill take it. I dont take them as much as I used to. During 2012 contest season I was taking 50 grams a day. I do think they can mess with insulin if drinking them all day or taking them every hour, but I think short term is fine to do this , if needed. Intra training are useful. Lots of studies to show they work .
    John,

Thanks for sharing that, when consumed at the right time and in the correct situations BCAAs are truly beneficial

steve@alienshave.com

Original 999,999k Crew

John,

Thanks for sharing that, when consumed at the right time and in the correct situations BCAAs are truly beneficial
    says the guy who has absolutely zero experience in reading/understanding/conducting studies...zero experience in competitive bodybuilding...and zero experience in anything resembling a 70+ IQ level.

perfect 5/7. Wood plow.
    I got no strings on me

powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Read for the real scoop:

https://mauiathletics.com/bcaa/

The only time you see benefits with a BCAA product in healthy people is when it’s compared to a placebo in those who don’t eat protein. Ironically, if you are in a fasted state, it will actually even lower MPS below muscle protein breakdown rates.

(Yes they can be used strategically in ultra endurance work or in between multi-bout event competitions, but fast carbs are likely more important)
    Controlled Labs Warder
    Email: Powercage [at] ControlledLabs.com
    Free Controlled Labs supps for your CL labels: goo.gl/kylDte

I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate...

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

says the guy who has absolutely zero experience in reading/understanding/conducting studies...zero experience in competitive bodybuilding...and zero experience in anything resembling a 70+ IQ level.

perfect 5/7. Wood plow.

5 posts and counting, thanks for the continued support. Also, my industry career versus yours
    Last edited by TheFugitive; 08-14-2019 at 09:55 AM.

steve@alienshave.com

Original 999,999k Crew