tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

18 months of progress over 6 pictures

Some of these pics I had shared before but I am having fun with the app to put photos together in a collage. Unlike my "end of cut" and "end of bulk" pics these were all done in the bathroom mirror without a bunch of shots, no pump, and no fake tan.

This first pic from 18 months ago I had already been lifting for 1 year and 3 months and had already lost 35 lbs. I do not have any pics without a shirt from before that because I was too embarrassed to take any. Yes I wish I had a true starting pic before I had touched a weight or lost a pound. But I was just fat and was already looking drastically better than my starting point in that pic from 18 months ago.

The last pic I have now been lifting for 2 years and 8 months. The first year I would miss an occasional workout and was not tracking macros. The last 1 year and 8 months I have been dedicated with tracking calories, macros, ran a surplus and now a deficit, and always consuming over 1 gram per pound of protein. Besides getting serious with nutrition I have not missed a single workout! I do schedule tapers and deloads with a week long reduction in volume but I have not missed a scheduled workout in the last 2 years.

Not looking for any praise, just continuing to share what can be accomplished in your 50's with some dedication.
    Bodybuilding is much more than an hour in the gym a few days a week---it's a lifestyle that changes all your perceptions about how to live, eat, and rest. It feeds the mind as much (and sometimes more so) than the body.
    ~Originally posted by ironwill2008

Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Tblodg

Thanks for this post

What was that App for the collage?

I would like to make a similar post, I have two older pictures that I have on Imgur to compare with one to be taken with my Iphone soon maybe. I would like to present them this way. Not really sure how to assemble them, last time I think I used paint.

Great progress, I have not been doing a good job being scientific about things...you lead the way.
    "every day is leg day"

"Beware the fury of a patient man"

“it's easy to stand in the crowd but it takes courage to stand alone” Ghandi and probably anyone who lifts weights at home

"Power is nothing without control" Pirelli

tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Cantplankwell View Post
    Tblodg

Thanks for this post

What was that App for the collage?
    The app I used is called “Collageable” for the iPhone.

Oh, and being scientific is definitely not a requirement for making progress. It fits my style but being consistent with hard work on a good program along with proper nutrition is 90% of it.
    Bodybuilding is much more than an hour in the gym a few days a week---it's a lifestyle that changes all your perceptions about how to live, eat, and rest. It feeds the mind as much (and sometimes more so) than the body.

KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000) KidFreeze is just really nice. (+1000)
    Looking good. Smart phone pics don't really do justice,but to me your physique looks the best in the 15 month picture.

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) induced_drag has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by tblodg15 View Post
    Not looking for any praise, just continuing to share what can be accomplished in your 50's with some dedication.
    Well you will get some whether you like it or not.

It is the systematic nature of your approach I appreciate. I think it will (and already has) given you tools to assess how to structure your training and nutrition to make the progress you want.

Lets face it, most of us 'come back' to the gym looking to make the best progress we can. We dont have years to waste and most of the time we are overcoming YEARS of neglect. Your approach is how you get things done! So many guys come here expressing the desire to change...but year after year they are the same. It is awesome to see a guy break that mold.

Anyway, I can clearly see a refining of your physique over time. You actually carried your fat pretty well. But I can tell you want to expect from here. Forward, you will move from a guy that lifts, to gaining those refinements where this 'pops' and that 'pops'. If you continue, you will start to see things in your physique you never knew you had. It has been fun for me. You have the gift of a great training response. The refinement of showing that all comes down to nutrition. In the end you can pick where you want to take it and will look great even if you just quit now.

Anything else from here on out will be for you and understand that the subtilities will be lost on many. (even those close to you). Hell, I gained 25lbs after my car accident and then lost it starting in Jan, and my wife did not even notice

Nice work as always. People should follow your lead if they want to progress. Too much static and BS around here and many of the good posters have long left. It is good to see another guy who is fighting the good fight! Keep it up!
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    545 Squat http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qZZLnePFiI
    225 x 29 bench http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe68-LgD0jM

Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by tblodg15 View Post

consistent with hard work on a good program along with proper nutrition is 90% of it.
    Absolutely no questioning that either
    "every day is leg day"

"Beware the fury of a patient man"

“it's easy to stand in the crowd but it takes courage to stand alone” Ghandi and probably anyone who lifts weights at home

"Power is nothing without control" Pirelli

shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good job Tblog. I think this is a great thread for newbs to come in and see. A lot of them think that getting in shape and having the body you see in a lot of the adds here on BB.com are something that you can accomplish in a very short period of time.

It is good to see a true timeline like this that show actual progression in a relatively short period of time.

A lot of the contests you see here are people who have a bunch of muscle already and really only do a big cut to reveal the muscle they have built over years of hardwork.

This leaves newbs feeling very discouraged when they don't see the same kind of results that these people are getting.

Congrats to you. Hard work is paying off.
    IG @ JustShaneinGa
    MFP @ dvldwninga

Jaered is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Got to be happy with that right! Gives motivation to those of us starting out wondering if it's all worth it

MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thank god for smart phones with cameras!

When I worked out in my teens there were no such things. Sure, there were cameras but you had to go and buy film for them, etc, so taking progress pictures wasn't exactly convenient!

Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    You actually carried your fat pretty well. But I can tell you want to expect from here. Forward, you will move from a guy that lifts, to gaining those refinements where this 'pops' and that 'pops'. If you continue, you will start to see things in your physique you never knew you had. It has been fun for me. You have the gift of a great training response.
    I may have carried my fat pretty well because I had people tell me they were surprised that I had lost 65 pounds “because I didn’t look that fat before”.

I am not sure about training response but I do think I am fortunate that I have a naturally stocky build. So when I started I was carrying more muscle than average for not lifting seriously since high school. Never been “skinny” in my life even as a child before puberty or lifting I was stocky.

And yes I know any changes or improvements from here on will be minor. Probably lifting for a whole year to gain 1 or 2 pounds of LBM moving forward but I am enjoying the process as much as the results so I am fine with that.

Originally Posted by MrCarrot View Post
    Thank god for smart phones with cameras!

When I worked out in my teens there were no such things. Sure, there were cameras but you had to go and buy film for them, etc, so taking progress pictures wasn't exactly convenient!
    I know right! I was really into lifting in high school and only have 4 pictures from back then. And I am happy I have those, taken with a Polaroid camera that developed it right on the spot LOL.

obrick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) obrick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) obrick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) obrick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) obrick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) obrick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) obrick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) obrick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) obrick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) obrick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) obrick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow! Amazing transformation! I wish my progress were as fast as yours.

jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great progress! Congrats!
    What's your stats right now? Height and current weight?

I was bulking May to July until I discovered 3+ weeks ago that I have high blood sugar so transitioned to cutting then.
    Been doing cut and bulk since 2011 but got lazy for the last 2 years and didn't watch or count what I eat.

I'm turning 45 by end of this month so I guess this will be a lifelong commitment for me now if I want to stay off diabetes medications.
    Steam - jinda28
    Origin - jinda628
    XBLive - jinda628
    Btag - blood#1648 / blood#1816

Will rep on sight:
    - saaltydog (for the 1+1 invite)

MyBBing2pointO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyBBing2pointO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyBBing2pointO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyBBing2pointO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyBBing2pointO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyBBing2pointO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyBBing2pointO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyBBing2pointO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyBBing2pointO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyBBing2pointO has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MyBBing2pointO has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by KidFreeze View Post
    Looking good. Smart phone pics don't really do justice,but to me your physique looks the best in the 15 month picture.
    +1, I like the 13 month the best.

Regardless, all pics show the dedication/improvement/hardwork!
    Thumbsup
    Last edited by MyBBing2pointO; 08-16-2019 at 09:01 AM.

Originally Posted by MyBBing2pointO View Post
    Regardless, all pics show the dedication/improvement/hardwork!
    Thumbsup
    Thanks!

Originally Posted by MyBBing2pointO View Post
    +1, I like the 13 month the best.
    That’s funny to me because the 13 months ago is probably my least favorite look. I had leaned down enough to be thinner but still enough fat and not enough muscle for my build to show (kind of stuck between looking thick and looking muscular).

I have dropped a decent amount of fat and gained some muscle since then but as you guys said the pictures only show so much.

Originally Posted by jinda628 View Post
    Great progress! Congrats!
    What's your stats right now? Height and current weight?

I was bulking May to July until I discovered 3+ weeks ago that I have high blood sugar so transitioned to cutting then.
    Been doing cut and bulk since 2011 but got lazy for the last 2 years and didn't watch or count what I eat.

I'm turning 45 by end of this month so I guess this will be a lifelong commitment for me now if I want to stay off diabetes medications.
    I am 5’7 and started at 228 pounds in December of 2016. I was 195 in the “18 months ago” pic and dropped down to 163 at my lowest last October. I purposely gained over the winter up to 177 and the recent pic I am back down to about 168 and don’t want to go any lower than 166 to 167 as I am as lean as I was at 163 last fall. Here I was at 163 pounds:

Good luck with the blood sugar, mine was a little elevated my last blood screening and I am thinking it was probably just normal variation as it has fluctuated 5 or 10 points every year.