Drewalc is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Inner hip pain with squats/deadlifts

I get a sharp pain at the point where the tendon connects to the inside of my hip at the top of a squat or deadlift, it feels like I'm yanking really hared on the joint, even though I try to be as fluid with my movement as possible. I've had a trainer/physical therapist look at my form, I've tried stretching the area specifically, with no affect. The only thing that has helped is really narrowing my legs to the point my knees are going out pretty much straight in front of me. This doesn't feel awkward and causes no pain, but I'm wondering why I can't do these supersizes with a more standard form. It seems like the obvious answer is that I should just do the excersize with the narrower stance, but I figured I should ask the question in case it could cause problems down the road. This does NOT happen at all with single leg squats or deadlifts.

Excersizes are Kettle bell racked or goblet squats and trap bar deadlifts if that makes any difference.

Replies in 1/2 hr - 3 day GeneralSerpant's Avatar
    GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What like you're squeezing your glutes together really hard?
    With great power comes great responsibility - Mark Rippetoe

Skinny Fat now Skinny asianboy23's Avatar
    asianboy23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) asianboy23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) asianboy23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) asianboy23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) asianboy23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) asianboy23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) asianboy23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) asianboy23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) asianboy23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) asianboy23 will become famous soon enough. (+50) asianboy23 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    use hip adductor/abductor machines before you squat/deadlift

probably have weak hips if stretching does nothing for you
    My One Year Progress - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177293771