Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100)

How much are you losing each week?

Whether by pounds or by inches, how much are you losing each week? I'd like to lose two pounds a week, but I sometimes find that I haven't lost pounds, but off my waist. As long as I'm losing somewhere, that's all that counts.
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger in Pumping Iron

Get muscles in the gym. Get lean in the kitchen.

Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you're dieting with a resistance training program, you could be adding some muscle while losing some fat thus offsetting the scale weight a bit. This is especially true if you're new to weight lifting.

As far as tracking, focus on the waist measurement in your case. Scales can play mind games as it is because so many things go into body weight on any given day.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama

Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Nicksosure1 View Post
    If you're dieting with a resistance training program, you could be adding some muscle while losing some fat thus offsetting the scale weight a bit. This is especially true if you're new to weight lifting.

As far as tracking, focus on the waist measurement in your case. Scales can play mind games as it is because so many things go into body weight on any given day.
    Man, tell me about it. I've hit the gym and dieted hard this past week, and didn't lose a single pound. But I did lose 1/4 in. off my waist. Those scales are suck fickle things.

I keep some paper in my pocket, and whenever I eat or drink anything that has calories, I add it to the list and keep a running tally of my daily calories. This way it doesn't get away from me.
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger in Pumping Iron

Get muscles in the gym. Get lean in the kitchen.

Masssmonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masssmonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masssmonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masssmonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masssmonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masssmonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masssmonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masssmonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masssmonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masssmonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masssmonkey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I notice that I lose 1lb a week minimum, but it ranges to 2.5lbs depending how well I do with my cardio/deficit.

Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Tricon7 View Post
    Man, tell me about it. I've hit the gym and dieted hard this past week, and didn't lose a single pound. But I did lose 1/4 in. off my waist. Those scales are suck fickle things.

I keep some paper in my pocket, and whenever I eat or drink anything that has calories, I add it to the list and keep a running tally of my daily calories. This way it doesn't get away from me.
    There are apps you can use as well that not only track but tell you the calories and macros in specific foods that may be easier on you.

If you are dead set on using the scale frequently, a lot of people (myself included) use weekly averages to give you more of an accurate reading. Gives you a better idea on where you're at week to week while off setting daily water weight fluctuations etc. a bit.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Nicksosure1 View Post
    Maybe a tiny tiny bit (and more scale weight in the very beginning due to muscle inflammation), but while in a caloric deficit there is no way the body can build muscle at the same rate that it can lose fat. Even when I was brand new to lifting and cutting down I was still losing over 2 lbs a week.

Way too often people say "oh I didn't lose any weight this week, I must be building muscle!... No, just no.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Tricon7 View Post
    Man, tell me about it. I've hit the gym and dieted hard this past week, and didn't lose a single pound. But I did lose 1/4 in. off my waist.
    A week is too short to gauge anything. The 1\4 inch off the waist can easily be just holding the tape differently. Give it a few more weeks.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB