Gappy126 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post Need to gain more weight. What are good carbs and protein??

I have been working out for about 7 months and have just started to get super serious about lifting. I had beginner gains and have been eating pretty good. From Nov- August of this year i have put on over 30 pounds of muscle, but now I feel like I am not eating enough. I try to eat a lot of beef, and some chicken. But i cant seem to find any carbs besides rice and a few other things which I have been eating every day and they have gotten kind of boring. I try to take in 3000 calories a day but I am a very skinny person and have a fast metabolism. Not only am I looking for new items for meals but I am in college and was wondering what types of "snacks" are good to eat and are easy to have on me in a place such as school. I go to the gym for about 2 hours a day at least and try to balance my muscle groups out.

I am 170 pounds, 6 foot 2 inches. and 18 years old. Should I be taking in more calories??

pollard5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pollard5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pollard5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pollard5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pollard5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pollard5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pollard5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pollard5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pollard5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pollard5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pollard5 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    No. The simple act of eating carbohydrates will not cause weight gain. However, eating too much carbohydrate (or fat or protein) can lead to weight gain. Carbohydrates include all bread, pasta, rice, fruits, vegetables (especially starchy ones), milk and sweets.

AmericaDarth is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The dietary guidelines recommend that carbs provide 45 to 65 percent of your daily calorie intake. So if you eat a 2000-calorie diet, you should aim for about 225 to 325 grams of carbs per day. But if you need to lose weight, you will get much faster results eating around 50 to 150 grams of carbs.