Gappy126 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post Need to gain more weight. What are good carbs and protein??

I have been working out for about 7 months and have just started to get super serious about lifting. I had beginner gains and have been eating pretty good. From Nov- August of this year i have put on over 30 pounds of muscle, but now I feel like I am not eating enough. I try to eat a lot of beef, and some chicken. But i cant seem to find any carbs besides rice and a few other things which I have been eating every day and they have gotten kind of boring. I try to take in 3000 calories a day but I am a very skinny person and have a fast metabolism. Not only am I looking for new items for meals but I am in college and was wondering what types of "snacks" are good to eat and are easy to have on me in a place such as school. I go to the gym for about 2 hours a day at least and try to balance my muscle groups out.

I am 170 pounds, 6 foot 2 inches. and 18 years old. Should I be taking in more calories??

pollard5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pollard5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pollard5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pollard5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pollard5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pollard5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pollard5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pollard5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pollard5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pollard5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pollard5 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    No. The simple act of eating carbohydrates will not cause weight gain. However, eating too much carbohydrate (or fat or protein) can lead to weight gain. Carbohydrates include all bread, pasta, rice, fruits, vegetables (especially starchy ones), milk and sweets.

AmericaDarth is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The dietary guidelines recommend that carbs provide 45 to 65 percent of your daily calorie intake. So if you eat a 2000-calorie diet, you should aim for about 225 to 325 grams of carbs per day. But if you need to lose weight, you will get much faster results eating around 50 to 150 grams of carbs.

Noah5657e is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    nice!

Snoop50 is not very well liked. (-100) Snoop50 is not very well liked. (-100) Snoop50 is not very well liked. (-100) Snoop50 is not very well liked. (-100) Snoop50 is not very well liked. (-100) Snoop50 is not very well liked. (-100) Snoop50 is not very well liked. (-100) Snoop50 is not very well liked. (-100) Snoop50 is not very well liked. (-100) Snoop50 is not very well liked. (-100) Snoop50 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by AmericaDarth View Post
    The dietary guidelines recommend that carbs provide 45 to 65 percent of your daily calorie intake. So if you eat a 2000-calorie diet, you should aim for about 225 to 325 grams of carbs per day. But if you need to lose weight, you will get much faster results eating around 50 to 150 grams of carbs.
    Exactly

Snoop50 is not very well liked. (-100) Snoop50 is not very well liked. (-100) Snoop50 is not very well liked. (-100) Snoop50 is not very well liked. (-100) Snoop50 is not very well liked. (-100) Snoop50 is not very well liked. (-100) Snoop50 is not very well liked. (-100) Snoop50 is not very well liked. (-100) Snoop50 is not very well liked. (-100) Snoop50 is not very well liked. (-100) Snoop50 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Gappy126 View Post
    I have been working out for about 7 months and have just started to get super serious about lifting. I had beginner gains and have been eating pretty good. From Nov- August of this year i have put on over 30 pounds of muscle, but now I feel like I am not eating enough. I try to eat a lot of beef, and some chicken. But i cant seem to find any carbs besides rice and a few other things which I have been eating every day and they have gotten kind of boring. I try to take in 3000 calories a day but I am a very skinny person and have a fast metabolism. Not only am I looking for new items for meals but I am in college and was wondering what types of "snacks" are good to eat and are easy to have on me in a place such as school. I go to the gym for about 2 hours a day at least and try to balance my muscle groups out.

I am 170 pounds, 6 foot 2 inches. and 18 years old. Should I be taking in more calories??
    A great protein is chicken obviously.

boxnutrition is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Add a perfect balance of protein, carbs and fat to your diet.

Originally Posted by Gappy126 View Post

Even if you’ve figured out the perfect balance of protein, carbs and fat, you won’t gain weight if you’re not eating enough calories. Calorie needs for weight gain vary and depend on your gender, activity level, health status and body size. You may start by adding 100 to 200 calories a day and tracking your weekly weight to monitor the effects, making adjustments as needed. You may need to eat as much as 500 extra calories every day to get the results you want.
    Bump up the carbs and calories in your hot cereal by adding wheat germ and dried fruit, or mix your cooked quinoa with chopped onions, tomatoes, cucumbers and carrots for a nutrient- and calorie-dense salad.

Miahechtman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by pollard5 View Post
    No. The simple act of eating carbohydrates will not cause weight gain. However, eating too much carbohydrate (or fat or protein) can lead to weight gain. Carbohydrates include all bread, pasta, rice, fruits, vegetables (especially starchy ones), milk and sweets.
    So i just have started working out and been loving it so far! But what im here for it to ask you guys what to do you think of proteinbars? I already take protein but through natural foods like eggs or chicken. But want to gain more protein, thus am wanting to get some. I did order some high protein bars low sugar from this site foodopedia.co/best-protein-bars-for-women and hoping that i can get some higher protein that actually works.
    Is there anyone who has used these bars and seen a difference?

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Miahechtman View Post
    So i just have started working out and been loving it so far! But what im here for it to ask you guys what to do you think of proteinbars? I already take protein but through natural foods like eggs or chicken. But want to gain more protein, thus am wanting to get some. I did order some high protein bars low sugar from this site foodopedia.co/best-protein-bars-for-women and hoping that i can get some higher protein that actually works.
    Is there anyone who has used these bars and seen a difference?
    They're just a processed food... they don't do anything normal food won't, in fact they'll probably do less.

That being said, having them isn't going to HURT you.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"