lisa080 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How to Live Younger in 40 to 50 Age

I seen most of people, they looks very old as compare to his Or her age. When they do anything activity they feel very tired and also boring.

So I am thinking If my age will be 40-45 So i got same age issue, this is very bad when I feel like this.

drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) drkelly74 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You can be in great shape at 40-45 if you want to be. Most people are lazy and eat garbage, so they look like garbage.

Example: The wife and I went hiking Saturday. The sign at the trail head said to allow 1.5-2 hours to hike to the top. It was a constant climb from the base of the mountain. We made it in 1 hr 5 minutes. I'm 45, and she is 42. We also had our 8 yr old son with us who is in great shape.

mckajdos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mckajdos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mckajdos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mckajdos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mckajdos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mckajdos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mckajdos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mckajdos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mckajdos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mckajdos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mckajdos will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Physical decline in your 40s and 50s is heavily driven by diet, level of exercise, sleep, etc. as drkelly74 implied (of course, assuming you don't have some diagnosed health condition). Recovery time needed may be the only possibly significant factor that is different from someone in their 20s. Other than that, you can train hard and eat right all the same and get excellent results - it's totally in your control.

MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrCarrot is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm lucky in the sense I look young for my age (I'm approaching 40 but look like I'm late twenties / early thirties).

I think it's partly genetic - I've know 25 year olds who look like they're 40.

I also think smoking, drinking, sun bathing, taking drugs and eating crap will eventually take their toll and make you look older, and the vast majority of people do at least one of those things.

Originally Posted by mckajdos View Post
    Recovery time needed may be the only possibly significant factor that is different from someone in their 20s. Other than that, you can train hard and eat right all the same and get excellent results - it's totally in your control.
    I think in a way it might be easier in your 40's. In my late teens I used to work out but had no money for food (I relied on my parents for whatever I ate) and no car so I often walked for miles and miles every day which might not be what you need when trying to build muscle in a surplus.

mckajdos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mckajdos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mckajdos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mckajdos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mckajdos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mckajdos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mckajdos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mckajdos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mckajdos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mckajdos will become famous soon enough. (+50) mckajdos will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by MrCarrot View Post

I think in a way it might be easier in your 40's. In my late teens I used to work out but had no money for food (I relied on my parents for whatever I ate) and no car so I often walked for miles and miles every day which might not be what you need when trying to build muscle in a surplus.
    That's commitment right there!

I was assuming all other things being equal, but having the knowledge and ability (financially) that often come with more time on this Earth to properly fuel your development can definitely make it easier.

Personally, I haven't noticed any kind of age-related adverse effects in my training at 35 compared to, say, when I was 25. If anything, I'm doing better now than then. But then again, I now eat and train much more effectively than I did. That being said, not sure I can provide a meaningful comparison from personal experience. I'll check back when I'm 45 :-).
    Last edited by mckajdos; 08-12-2019 at 08:01 AM. Reason: Word-smithing

dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I turned 45 on Monday of last week and have never looked better, felt better and have never been fitter than I am right now.

I don't smoke, I don't drink alcohol and I have been playing around with vegetarianism for the last 6 weeks or so.
    Those who danced in the rain were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music.

jlsnyderTypeR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jlsnyderTypeR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jlsnyderTypeR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jlsnyderTypeR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jlsnyderTypeR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jlsnyderTypeR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jlsnyderTypeR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jlsnyderTypeR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jlsnyderTypeR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jlsnyderTypeR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jlsnyderTypeR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's all in how you take care of yourself w/a little help for genetics. I'm 48, my wife is 45 & we train 6 days a week, and we are still in the best shape of our lives!
    **Sandwiches are made in the KITCHEN......ABS are built in the GYM!**
    -- 2019 A e s t h e t i c s C r e w -- E x t r e m e D i p s C r e w -- M i s c C a r C r e w ---
    **2004 Acura NSX - Rio Pearl Yellow**2017 Honda Civic Type R, BADGE #357**2018 BMW X5M - Long Beach Blue**

startingat56 is a name known to all. (+5000) startingat56 is a name known to all. (+5000) startingat56 is a name known to all. (+5000) startingat56 is a name known to all. (+5000) startingat56 is a name known to all. (+5000) startingat56 is a name known to all. (+5000) startingat56 is a name known to all. (+5000) startingat56 is a name known to all. (+5000) startingat56 is a name known to all. (+5000) startingat56 is a name known to all. (+5000) startingat56 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have a lifelong friend, and we are both 62

he smokes heavily, I don't smoke
    I work out, he doesn't
    I eat clean, he doesn't
    I drink occasionally, he drinks daily

His father looks younger than him
    People think I'm much younger than him

I love him, but he's gonna die early
    I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
    (Marshall McLuhan)

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose will become famous soon enough. (+50) TolerantLactose will become famous soon enough. (+50) TolerantLactose will become famous soon enough. (+50) TolerantLactose will become famous soon enough. (+50) TolerantLactose will become famous soon enough. (+50) TolerantLactose will become famous soon enough. (+50) TolerantLactose will become famous soon enough. (+50) TolerantLactose will become famous soon enough. (+50) TolerantLactose will become famous soon enough. (+50) TolerantLactose will become famous soon enough. (+50) TolerantLactose will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    People don't look their age. They look their lifestyle.
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

🥋 A Karate Kid age 60 Samraiwise's Avatar
    Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My advice is that if it bothers you so much then it's time for you to stop thinking and start something.

Time flies with or without you.

⭐ Children Need Your Help!! Mission of Finding Cures for Childhood Cancer.

****St. Jude/FedEx Classic Donation Thread****
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177098801&p=1579069521#post1579069521

Please Call me Kaz, a 60-year-old 🥋 Karate Kid in Tokyo.
    Video= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8eIkpZ29u0
    Training Journal= https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4832373

OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Being an old fart is a state of mind, not a biological age. The same is true in reverse - you must have known a very elderly relative/friend who had the outlook of a young and cheerful person.

I don't know if Arnold Schwarzenegger was the first person to say this, but it's normally attributed to him...

"Where the mind goes the body will follow"

As corny and motivational BS speech as this all sounds, if you keep your attitude and mental outlook young and positive, that's what will deliver the results, the body will follow... mostly anyway
    Faith in Jesus first and faith in squats second.
    Then other details will start to slot themselves into place.
    Back on the diet :(

ChuckersT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckersT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckersT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckersT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckersT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckersT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckersT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckersT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckersT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckersT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChuckersT has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Up until I was 35, I was a fat slob who never got off the couch. I had never played a sport, or went outside. I just sat on the couch playing video games.

I got out and started running. Started losing weight. Got fast at running. Learned I could be competitive and at 42, I run a sub 20 minute 5K, run 50-60 miles a week, lift 3x a week, completed an Ironman, ran 5 marathons, qualified and ran the OCR World Championships and feel great. All after losing up to 100 pounds.

I honestly felt run down a bit, but since lifting over the last two months I feel better than ever. In a couple of weeks, I will be attempting my 1st 100 mile run... Not bad for a 42 year old. MY 22 year old self would have never done any of this.

BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BS57 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lisa080 View Post
    I seen most of people, they looks very old as compare to his Or her age. When they do anything activity they feel very tired and also boring.

So I am thinking If my age will be 40-45 So i got same age issue, this is very bad when I feel like this.
    Why no pics OP? I see your profile says your 24, 60 pounds at 100% bf.......

I may be in love.
    Old, but not obsolete.

supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ChuckersT View Post
    Up until I was 35, I was a fat slob who never got off the couch. I had never played a sport, or went outside. I just sat on the couch playing video games.

I got out and started running. Started losing weight. Got fast at running. Learned I could be competitive and at 42, I run a sub 20 minute 5K, run 50-60 miles a week, lift 3x a week, completed an Ironman, ran 5 marathons, qualified and ran the OCR World Championships and feel great. All after losing up to 100 pounds.

I honestly felt run down a bit, but since lifting over the last two months I feel better than ever. In a couple of weeks, I will be attempting my 1st 100 mile run... Not bad for a 42 year old. MY 22 year old self would have never done any of this.
    Wow!
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

It's easy to not be afraid of tigers when you're sitting in your living room watching a television program about tigers. When you're in the jungle where the tigers are, it's quite a different story.

Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cantplankwell is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Im trying to teach myself to not worry about sh+t so much, stop comparing myself with others, and to not care so much about what folks think about me...... .be a good human being and just enjoy life day by day. Compared to 95% of others Its all good and I lose lose sight of that too much.
    "every day is leg day"

"Beware the fury of a patient man"

“it's easy to stand in the crowd but it takes courage to stand alone” Ghandi and probably anyone who lifts weights at home

"Power is nothing without control" Pirelli

lisa080 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by startingat56 View Post
    I have a lifelong friend, and we are both 62

he smokes heavily, I don't smoke
    I work out, he doesn't
    I eat clean, he doesn't
    I drink occasionally, he drinks daily

His father looks younger than him
    People think I'm much younger than him

I love him, but he's gonna die early

This is nice idea for good health.

adni1910 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ChuckersT View Post

That is inspiration right there! 2 thumbs up!