Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Can someone explain this curl form to me

It's from the encyclopedia of modern bodybuilding. I don't get it. Is Arnold saying he starts his curl as in picture 1?
    I never seen someone turn their palms outwards away from the body before, before they start the curl process.

Cobra Kai never dies!

air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think he's saying he starts his curls w/ either of the 2 positions pictured, presumably to get that twisting ROM as you curl upwards and squeeze at the top. The picture 1 start position seems like it exaggerates the twisting motion unnecessarily and compromises the wrist going up. Would I do it, no. I also didn't win 7 Mr. Olympias.

BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BenMcLeodNZ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    He was into that because he knew the bicep also turned the wrist. He was pretty obsessed with little tricks like that.

Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    The picture 1 start position seems like it exaggerates the twisting motion unnecessarily and compromises the wrist going up. Would I do it, no. I also didn't win 7 Mr. Olympias.
    Yeah i think you're right. I'm just surprised anyone would start with picture 1. Picture 2 is usually how most people do their incline curls and then twist outwards as you come up supinating the biceps.
    Cobra Kai never dies!

Replies in 1/2 hr - 3 day GeneralSerpant's Avatar
    GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The brachioradialis starting from position in picture 1 would bring your forearm into your body/bench. You have to at least get your palms facing backward before you can start raising the weight up.

Looks like he's just giving his biceps a stretch and a head start with the supination.
    Last edited by GeneralSerpant; 08-12-2019 at 01:36 PM.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Mark Rippetoe