Penthius is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Not sure what to do next.

Hey, my name is Rens and I'm 6'10 and weight about 284 lbs. I have probably lost about 46 lbs in the last 5 months and went from 5xl to 3xl. The way I did this is by cycling and walking a lot. I try to cycle 20 miles a day as cardio. My question now is how to continue and start turning fat into muscle.

FatBallz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatBallz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatBallz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatBallz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatBallz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatBallz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatBallz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatBallz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatBallz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatBallz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) FatBallz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You wont be able to turn the fat into muscle, but you can build muscle while losing fat. You should get on a proper weight lifting program (look in "Workout Programs" in this forum). Following a program will allow you to build muscle.

As for fat loss, you will need to be in a caloric deficit. Basically, you need to burn more calories than you consume. This is done by limiting your caloric intake and/or doing extra activity like cardio. You should check out the "stickies" at the top of this forum for more information about that.
    Remember the Altamont

Penthius is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by FatBallz View Post
    You wont be able to turn the fat into muscle, but you can build muscle while losing fat. You should get on a proper weight lifting program (look in "Workout Programs" in this forum). Following a program will allow you to build muscle.

As for fat loss, you will need to be in a caloric deficit. Basically, you need to burn more calories than you consume. This is done by limiting your caloric intake and/or doing extra activity like cardio. You should check out the "stickies" at the top of this forum for more information about that.
    Thanks for the help, I use the 20 miles a day cycling a day as cardio though and drastically changed my diet by looking at calories, the only problem at the moment is dividing it during the day as I only have two meals a day with sometimes fruit as a snack. I appreciate the direction!

Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You don't need to only eat twice a day to lose weight. All that matters is the amount of calories you eat per day, not when you eat it.
    Cobra Kai never dies!

leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Penthius View Post
    Hey, my name is Rens and I'm 6'10 and weight about 284 lbs. I have probably lost about 46 lbs in the last 5 months and went from 5xl to 3xl. The way I did this is by cycling and walking a lot. I try to cycle 20 miles a day as cardio. My question now is how to continue and start turning fat into muscle.
    You can't turn fat into muscle, they are both different materials that require different nutrients. Fat is stored energy for a rainy day. When the body uses it, it oxidises it and produces water and CO2. Muscle is made from proteins. What you probably mean is either losing fat or gaining muscle, both will change the ratio of fat and muscle. Post a pic up (no homo) so we can analyse your chassis and give pointers on whether you need to cut or bulk. Some of the guys around here give great advice and give you BF estimates.