View Poll Results: Play freshman year or train?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Play freshman year

2 100.00%
  • Skip season and train

0 0%
    amanie91827 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

should i play football freshman year?

I’m looking for some advice to see if I should play football freshman year. My problem is that my legs aren’t strong enough. Over the offseason I had a knee and lower back injury which prevented me from doing leg workouts almost the entire offseason. My upper body is well built(I can max out at around 235-240 on bench and I just turned 14) but I’m worried my core and legs won’t be strong enough to sustain the hits I’ll be taking(I’m 6’1 185 and mainly play receiver but I also get reps at runningback, and right now the coaches I have are practicing me with the varsity team, and some of those lineman are PRETTY big).

Saying all this, for the past 3 weeks I’ve been stressing whether I should play this year and hope to not get injured or skip this season and instead train harder for an entire year before next season.

Any suggestions?

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Doesnt seem like the coaches want you to take a year off, and your legs should toughen up over the season on their own. Its JV football, not NFL. You should NOT take "years off" when you only have 4 of them.

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If your legs aren't ready let your trainers and coaches determine that and work with you accordingly. You say you had a knee injury, has your orthopedic surgeon cleared you for football activities? If yes then play. Your coaches won't play you in a game until they think you're ready.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Skip this year and you'll just fall more behind. Then next year you'll back out of playing too...

PLAY.

jacobskiy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Man, don't risk your helath. Football doesn't cost it