gzumafia is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Angry Shoulder problem at at 15 y old

Alright so ive had this shoulder problem for a while now. Basically my ac joint sticks up alot on my right shoulder and very minimal on my left. I feel no pain, i only feel my right shoulder ( mostly )snapping when doing overhead movements and when i benchpress.

Like i said i feel no pain and I've had this ever since i started going to the gym, i don't know how i could have possibly injured my ac joint, the only thing i have in my mind is when i was younger i fell really bad and broke my hand, this was 6 years ago.

But no pain whatsoever just iritating and annoying. Should i be worried, should i visit a doctor ?

Any movements which would help me stabilize my shoulders in terms of scapular winging and stability in general. I used to have shoulder blade winging but its much better now and my shoulder blades dont look like wings anymore.

air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    See a doctor. Your right clavicle (collarbone) looks displaced and like it's at least partially separated from your shoulder - your clavicle may be doing the "snapping". The fact you have no pain is a good sign, but you should get that checked out to make sure it's not something that needs to addressed, especially if you're getting into weightlifting.

When you broke your hand as a kid, did you fall directly onto your shoulder or an extended arm?

I remember i fell down from stairs. Had my arm infront of me and when i landed i broke my hand cause it was extended in a palm position. Also had scratches on my right arm so i probably also messed up my shoulder just didn't know at the time.

air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You may have hurt your shoulder then and not even notice since your hand was broken - kids can be really resilient and heal fast. It's possible your shoulder/clavicle just healed in an odd position, but since you have the snapping def see a doctor to make sure there's not a problem in general and with weightlifting.

Registered User ProgrammerHunch's Avatar
    ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If it's not bothering you now, I can almost guarantee it will at some point as you start lifting heavier. I would definitely see a doctor and look into getting that addressed. Get it diagnosed then look at solutions. Being proactive will mitigate consequences.
    Last edited by ProgrammerHunch; 08-11-2019 at 11:43 PM.

Arthritis?

Do you guys belive it could be Arthritis, since ive had this bump for a long time. Considering everytime i lift my right arm it cracks and snaps and recently a little bit of pain.

Im planning to visit a doctor in October since where i currently live the healthcare is very bad and in October im going to another country which has 100x better healthcare.

sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000)
    go see an orthopedic surgeon, preferably one who works with athletes, and get it properly diagnosed. The go from there with an appropriate treatment plan

Originally Posted by gzumafia View Post
    Do you guys belive it could be Arthritis, since ive had this bump for a long time. Considering everytime i lift my right arm it cracks and snaps and recently a little bit of pain.

Im planning to visit a doctor in October since where i currently live the healthcare is very bad and in October im going to another country which has 100x better healthcare.
    Don't guess at it - if you went from snapping w/ no pain during OHP/BP 2 days ago to snapping/clicking w/ some pain when you lift your arm now, go see a doctor sooner rather than later. You don't want to risk a real shoulder injury. You shouldn't have arthritis at 15, so even if it is arthritis it likely is injury related or something more complex.