Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Post Tired of being Fat

So i have recently become home less and i have always been a big dude. i don't really remember what happened that made me just give up and not care. be i got a gym membership just so i can shower since i live in my car and i figured if i'm in the gym already i might as well try getting back in shape. i started just doing stuff in the pool like walking and jumping up and done running in place and doing the bike in the water just to get everything moving i don't now what else i should try. i have 3 protein shakes a day and one ramen noddles and just drink water,, all i can really do in my situation atm i sometimes will eat a meal at a diner if i have a little extra money... i am currently 440 pounds and my all time goal would be to be 250. Any advice or comments would be welcomed
    Attached Images

mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by xMerTreKx View Post
    So i have recently become home less and i have always been a big dude. i don't really remember what happened that made me just give up and not care. be i got a gym membership just so i can shower since i live in my car and i figured if i'm in the gym already i might as well try getting back in shape. i started just doing stuff in the pool like walking and jumping up and done running in place and doing the bike in the water just to get everything moving i don't now what else i should try. i have 3 protein shakes a day and one ramen noddles and just drink water,, all i can really do in my situation atm i sometimes will eat a meal at a diner if i have a little extra money... i am currently 440 pounds and my all time goal would be to be 250. Any advice or comments would be welcomed
    Welcome to the forums.

Weight control is ultimately about calories in vs calories out. You simply have to eat less than you expend consistently. The stickies in this section provide a lot of good information that can help you.

I sincerely hope your situation improves; but looking to make lemonade when life gives you lemons is an admirable attitude to have. I wish you the best.

xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50) xMerTreKx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mckajdos View Post
    Welcome to the forums.

Weight control is ultimately about calories in vs calories out. You simply have to eat less than you expend consistently. The stickies in this section provide a lot of good information that can help you.

I sincerely hope your situation improves; but looking to make lemonade when life gives you lemons is an admirable attitude to have. I wish you the best.

Thank you for the reply. im think im differently burning more than i take in over the last week i have been in the pool everyday and have ate less than 500 cal a day. i want this as much as a fat kid wants cake lol

leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100)
    Welcome to the forums. Read some of the stickies for advice and go on a fat loss program. The good news is for someone that has never done it before, you will get very solid fat loss initially and see massive results if done properly. Go for it, you can do it. Think of the health benefits, longer life expectancy, lower blood pressure, higher confidence and self esteem.

Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    and have ate less than 500 cal a day
    i dont think thats healthy also you sure its less than 500 calories? start counting them with myfitnesspal.
    You should eat around 1600 minimum, depending on your height.
    Cobra Kai never dies!

mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250) mckajdos has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by backinthegymbro View Post
    i dont think thats healthy also you sure its less than 500 calories? start counting them with myfitnesspal.
    You should eat around 1600 minimum, depending on your height.
    Exactly - 500 calories a day is unsustainable for any appreciable amount of time. Assuming that's actually all you're eating, you will either a) succumb to your hunger and binge, or b) cause health or psychological problems.

You must accurately track everything you eat including drinks, condiments, snacks, etc. Does your gym by chance have a digital food scale? It may be a long shot, but who knows... They might. Weighing your food is probably the most accurate way to know how many calories of each food type you're eating. One way or another, try to get away from guessing at your intake and transition to knowing. Ultimately, weighing yourself weekly will give you feedback on your progress and let you know if you're eating too much or too little.

I do urge you to resist crash dieting because you want results "right now." You didn't get to your size in a few weeks, it's going to take more than a few weeks to lose the weight. You need to adopt something you can stick with from now on . Focus on establishing good eating habits; this foundation will see you through the entire journey and help you avoid the "starve-binge-'feel bad'-repeat" cycle.

jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jinda628 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just want to say I hope your situation improve soon. I honestly do not know what I'll do myself if I'm in your shoes. But I admire your decision to start making changes and find a way to make your current situation more beneficial. Goodluck!
    Steam - jinda28
    Origin - jinda628
    XBLive - jinda628
    Btag - blood#1648 / blood#1816

Thank you all for the advice I’ll see if I can find a decent day lose program.. and is I now that’s 500 calories is a bad diet but since I sleep in my car I have not found a way to cook food yet so I only have protein shakes. I’m not expecting it to come of in to weeks I know it will take time

Thank you all for the advice I’ll see if I can find a decent day lose program.. and is I now that’s 500 calories is a bad diet but since I sleep in my car I have not found a way to cook food yet so I only have protein shakes. I’m not expecting it to come of in to weeks I know it will take time
    Is there any assistance you can take advantage of regarding food? Even like deli sandwiches from the grocery store would be better than just protein shakes and don't require cooking. Unfortunately, I'm not sure what options are available to you (with regard to access and financially). I pray some doors open for you soon and that you're ready to take advantage of it when they do.

I have food stamps and I have someone coming in. I thought eating bread was bad for weight lose? I have been on the treadmill and in the pool at my gym everyday for the last week and someone gave me those green tea fat burning pills. So I should difently eat more than I am?

I have food stamps and I have someone coming in. I thought eating bread was bad for weight lose? I have been on the treadmill and in the pool at my gym everyday for the last week and someone gave me those green tea fat burning pills. So I should difently eat more than I am?
    Bread will not adversely affect your weight loss (unless you eat too much of it, but that's true of any food). Getting the right balance of protein, fat, and carbs in the right amounts is what's key. Again, please read the stickies in this section - they explain it all really well.

The activity you're getting is good, but you cannot out-exercise a bad diet. I suspect you're eating more than 500 calories average daily (people cannot survive on an amount this low for long at all, let alone if they're engaging in physical activity), but you won't know for sure what you're consuming until you accurately track. In your original post you said you had 3x protein shakes and ramen in a day... I'm guessing that right there is closer to 1,000+ calories than 500 depending on the shake, etc. Again, you have to track all that you eat to know.

Lastly, how tall are you? That would help determine a good daily calorie target.

I am 5’8 and the protein shake I’m using is dymatize classic chocolate 100whey isolate

Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100) Tricon7 is not very well liked. (-100)
    The rotisserie chickens at the supermarkets are pretty economical, and if you eat all of it in one day, it's not going to go bad (unless it's in a hot car). A box of protein bars will last you a while if you don't binge on them. And a lot of the canned veges now are single serving size and have pop-tops.
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger in Pumping Iron

Get muscles in the gym. Get lean in the kitchen.

Originally Posted by Tricon7 View Post
    The rotisserie chickens at the supermarkets are pretty economical, and if you eat all of it in one day, it's not going to go bad (unless it's in a hot car). A box of protein bars will last you a while if you don't binge on them. And a lot of the canned veges now are single serving size and have pop-tops.
    will a can a of veggies and a rotisserie chicken be enough for a day meals> pluse the protein shakes i currently eat?

I am 5’8 and the protein shake I’m using is dymatize classic chocolate 100whey isolate
    Just to confirm, you're using one scoop of the protein powder and water for your shake?

Just to confirm, you're using one scoop of the protein powder and water for your shake?
    yes 8 oz of water and one scoop. i wanted to do 16oz but did not now if that would cause it to be less protein

yes 8 oz of water and one scoop. i wanted to do 16oz but did not now if that would cause it to be less protein
    No it wouldn't, it would just be more diluted (and watery tasting).

No it wouldn't, it would just be more diluted (and watery tasting).
    so im guess i need to figure out how to make the chicken and canned veggies work in my current situation along with the protein and tread mill

so im guess i need to figure out how to make the chicken and canned veggies work in my current situation along with the protein and tread mill
    Seems to me like a good place to start.

Seems to me like a good place to start.
    all try that and one can of veggies aday should be good enpugh to start

jcreed77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcreed77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcreed77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcreed77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcreed77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcreed77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcreed77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcreed77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcreed77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcreed77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcreed77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey man hang in there! This will all be a long process with temptations to give up but stick with it and I promise you will see results! This community is here for you!

A few things:

1) As previous posters have said, it's important to have a well rounded diet. You will feel 1000x better, you'll have much more energy to hit the gym and make progress, and you'll be much healthier overall and feel good about life and yourself. You'll need some breads, meats, vegetables, fruits, and dairy.

Cheap

Breads (carbs): simple loaf of bread. If you can manage to boil some water, rice or pasta is good.

meats (protein and healthy fats): canned tuna, find some deals on chicken as other people have said, and perhaps eggs if you can throw them on a pan and find a way to keep them cold.

vegetables (carbs, loads of vitamins, micronutrients): canned vegetables of all types. Fresh vegetables like carrots and broccoli are great.

Fruits (loads of vitamins, micronutrients): apples and bananas

Dairy: This is hard without a fridge but you can get small containers of yogurt and eat them right away every day although this may be too expensive, not sure.

2) You're doing great on the exercise! I would consider maybe doing some weight lifting or machines in the gym as well! This will help you lose weight and gain muscle underneath! You can do full body days where you workout every muscle group in one day:

legs
    chest
    arms
    shoulders
    back
    core (abs)

I recommend looking around for machines or find some dumbells and do two exercises for each body part for 3 sets of 8 reps. Week by week, slowly increase the weight on those workouts and you'll notice progress! If doing this all in one day is too much, you can split it up as you like.

Once you gain more confidence through this, consider using one of the FREE workout programs made on this website. Just ask and we can direct you to a good one.

3) Rest. Rest is important. Make sure you get lots of QUALITY sleep! I know it may be hard while living in a car, but try to get 8 hours a night, starting before midnight and don't sit in front of a screen for hours before bed. If you do all this you'll feel great the next day and more motivated to hit the gym and keep a proper diet. (HINT: Also quality sleep like this greatly helps with weight loss)
    2018:

205lbs 6'2

B/S/D -- 250/315/375 lbs 14% bf

Goal: 210lbs 315/405/500 10% bf

Using Madcow and clean bulk to get there.
    2020:

215lbs 6'2

B/S/D -- 315/405/475 lbs 16% bf

Goal: 215lbs 365/455/500 10% bf

Wow thank you so much this is the type of information I really needed. I know it’s gonna be a process. Took time to get this big gonna take time to work it off

Chicken peas carrots and rice with some green chilies tonight... for my meal tonight good or bad?

iReptile is not very well liked. (-100) iReptile is not very well liked. (-100) iReptile is not very well liked. (-100) iReptile is not very well liked. (-100) iReptile is not very well liked. (-100) iReptile is not very well liked. (-100) iReptile is not very well liked. (-100) iReptile is not very well liked. (-100) iReptile is not very well liked. (-100) iReptile is not very well liked. (-100) iReptile is not very well liked. (-100)

Smile weight loss

I would recommend this guide on weight loss it also has a step-by-step program on losing weight naturally

affiliatehealth.home.blog/2019/08/10/the-best-and-easiest-way-to-lose-weight/

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by iReptile View Post
    I would recommend this guide on weight loss it also has a step-by-step program on losing weight naturally

affiliatehealth.home.blog/2019/08/10/the-best-and-easiest-way-to-lose-weight/
    You need to peddle your program elsewhere.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Weighing your food is probably the most accurate way to know how many calories of each food type you're eating..
    assuming he can't find a scale anywhere, one option is buying foods that have easily eyeball-able calories. buy 500 grams of meat, check how many calories there are, eat the whole thing (or half of it) and so on. this is what i do and don't really need a scale

Chicken peas carrots and rice with some green chilies tonight... for my meal tonight good or bad?
    What you're eating sounds good choice-wise; did you try to figure out how many calories you are eating?

What you're eating sounds good choice-wise; did you try to figure out how many calories you are eating?
    Today i have not added it up/

Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Today i have not added it up/
    If you don't track it daily, then you won't know how many calories you had at the end of the week. And you'll have no idea whether you ate too much.
    Once you logged your food for a week, assuming you usually eat the same 50 products or so, myfitnesspall will have it remembered and logging your food will merely take seconds.

Don't skip logging.

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    assuming he can't find a scale anywhere, one option is buying foods that have easily eyeball-able calories. buy 500 grams of meat, check how many calories there are, eat the whole thing (or half of it) and so on. this is what i do and don't really need a scale
    I bought a food scale from aliexpress for $3.75 with free shipping and it's been working great for the last 4 years.
    Cobra Kai never dies!

Originally Posted by backinthegymbro View Post
    If you don't track it daily, then you won't know how many calories you had at the end of the week. And you'll have no idea whether you ate too much.
    Once you logged your food for a week, assuming you usually eat the same 50 products or so, myfitnesspall will have it remembered and logging your food will merely take seconds.

Don't skip logging.

I bought a food scale from aliexpress for $3.75 with free shipping and it's been working great for the last 4 years.
    i not skipped i do it at the end of m day... and i cant order a scale since i dont have a home address.. i have very limited space im doing as much as i can i was able to get a propane cooking stove so i can actually make food now so thats a step in the right direction