Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Is a little lower back stiffness indication of an injury? (pendlay rows)

I did some pendlay rows yesterday which i'm still new to doing since i usually do dumbbell rows.
    And today i've been feeling a bit of lower back stiffness. The weight was only 90 lbs for 8 reps per set.

Is the lower back stiffness a sign of a slight injury and indication that i had bad form? Or is it just DOMs that i get from not training my lower back heavy often enough?
    It's not painful and i didn't experience pain during the exercise so i think i'm good.
    Just want to be sure.

Thank you for reading.
    Cobra Kai never dies!

air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50) air2fakie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It doesn't sound like DOMS, since you would know and feel that pain. It sounds like you probably just need to tighten your form a little on the pendlay rows, since that's what prob caused the stiffness. If you go heavy, that's where the injury might happen - so the stiffness is a helpful warning sign.

Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) backinthegymbro has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    It doesn't sound like DOMS, since you would know and feel that pain. It sounds like you probably just need to tighten your form a little on the pendlay rows, since that's what prob caused the stiffness. If you go heavy, that's where the injury might happen - so the stiffness is a helpful warning sign.
    Yeah i guess i was just wondering if a stiff lower back was the same as muscle soreness for that region.
    I think i'll stick to just 90lbs for a while now until i got the form on point.
    Thanks for replying!
    Cobra Kai never dies!