MrKristof is on a distinguished road. (+10)

"Loose" left shoulder joint - exercises to tighten?

Hey guys,

New to the forums, seeking some help.

So I've noticed that my left shoulder is quite "looser" then my right one. This comes up when, for example, lifting dumbells from the ground to prepare for a press with heavier weights (for me at least, 24 kg and upwards). I can press them fine when in position, but the actual motion of picking it up doesn't feel comfortable. It feels like the shoulder is going towards popping out (not that severe, but the tension is there, that I only feel in the left shoulder and not the right).

Are there any good exercises I could do to isolate the left shoulder and target this imbalance?

One note though is that my whole left side is a bit under-developed when compared to my right, as my left wrist is fused since I was a kid and when I didn't lift, I would just compensate with my right in all my daily activities.

Any help is appreciated!

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would seek a chiropractors advise on your issue first.

SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000) SoCalHurler is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MrKristof View Post
    Hey guys,

New to the forums, seeking some help.

So I've noticed that my left shoulder is quite "looser" then my right one. This comes up when, for example, lifting dumbells from the ground to prepare for a press with heavier weights (for me at least, 24 kg and upwards). I can press them fine when in position, but the actual motion of picking it up doesn't feel comfortable. It feels like the shoulder is going towards popping out (not that severe, but the tension is there, that I only feel in the left shoulder and not the right).

Are there any good exercises I could do to isolate the left shoulder and target this imbalance?

One note though is that my whole left side is a bit under-developed when compared to my right, as my left wrist is fused since I was a kid and when I didn't lift, I would just compensate with my right in all my daily activities.

Any help is appreciated!
    I'd go see a certified physical therapist who can gauge your shoulder strength through various planes of motion. Then they can recommend a specific home/gym routine for you. I have a loose right shoulder (has dislocated many times but pops right back in bc it's so loose), so my PT gave me a routine of internal/external rotations, Cuban rotations, etc. stuff for strengthening the shoulder cuff.

But go see a professional. Mine has a few other exercises in there for me to strengthen mid-back/lower lats and my arm pits (haha, or some muscle under there). So a certified PT can ID your specific weaknesses and imbalances and develop a specific routine.

Good luck