bobjfklsda1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Messed up Posture

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to help me cure my posture. When I look in the mirror my armpits go diagonal such that when my arm is dangling I can see the bottom part of my armpit. I couldn’t find anything about this on the web. I’m wondering how I should go about fixing this? Any help is much appreciated.

Registered User ProgrammerHunch's Avatar
    ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Posture is complicated. I spent over a decade messing up my posture working desk jobs, and I've been spending the same amount of time trying to correct this.

In general, good posture is ears over shoulders, shoulder blades retracted and down, shoulders not excessively forward, chin tucked, slight arch in lower back, chest puffed out, ribs hidden and tucked, etc.

There's no one fix for all these, they have to be addressed one at a time. Addressing muscular imbalances as well as developing the muscle memory you need, changing your habits such as getting a standing desk at work, fewer pillows under your head when sleeping, sitting with better posture, etc.

What you need to do is rather unique to your situation. If you understand what makes good posture and understand your situation (like for instance, if you have excessive posterior or anterior pelvic tilt) then you know what you gotta do.

In general, newbie bodybuilders tend to do too much pushing and pressing exercises which creates huge muscular imbalances, so doing a lot more pulling is a good thing to do.